The overarching goal of this degree is to provide state-of-the art Master’s education in applied data analytics with an emphasis on network analytics.
In addition to focusing on foundational data analysis, this program involves examining, transforming and arranging a given data set in specific ways for a specific purpose. Data analytics is an overarching science that encompasses the complete management of data, including data collection, organization, storage, and all of the tools and techniques of the broader field of data analysis that extends beyond statistics alone.
In modern times, decision-making in all forms, from academic to professional to personal, is becoming more and more data driven. However, the majority of data science education programs are still catching up to this growing trend. That’s why HSE’s program approaches statistics education from an applied perspective. Through this approach, you’ll learn to map actual problems into formal statistical models and compute inferences.
Network analysis is a special field focused on analysis of relational data. Networks are everywhere, taking the form of the internet and other infrastructure networks; social, political and economic networks; scientometric and text-representational networks; and food webs and molecular-level biological networks. This program will emphasize network data analysis.
- Contemporary Data Analysis: Methodology of Interdisciplinary Research
- Contemporary Decision Sciences Methods: an Integrated Perspective
- Statistical Learning Theory
- Probability Theory
- Nonparametric Theory and Data Analysis
- Bayesian Theory and Data Analysis
- Applied Linear Models
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Multilevel Models
- Covariance Structure Analysis
- Time Series Analysis
- Data Mining
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Statistical Learning and High-Dimensional Data Analysis
- Methods of Statistical Consulting
- Network Analysis
- Advanced Topics in Network Analysis
- Network Analysis: Statistical Approaches and modeling
- Network Analysis: Application in R
The program is designed so students can enroll from anywhere in the world and complete the program in 18 months.
The program is 100% online. The online format of the MNDA also allows students to interact with instructors and teaching assistants regularly through live chats and video conferences.
Coursera on Mobile
Access all course materials anywhere with the mobile app, used by over 80 percent of degree students on Coursera. Available on iOS and Android.
Using the mobile app, learners can:
- Save a week’s worth of content for offline access with one click
- Save and submit quizzes offline
- View text transcripts of lecture videos
- Take notes directly in the app
- Set reminder alerts to help you make progress
Download Coursera's mobile app
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.
We encourage you to investigate whether this degree meets your academic and/or professional needs before applying.