Fundação Instituto de Administração
Offered by Fundação Instituto de Administração (FIA)
Taught in English
Engage in group discussions with professors and peers
10 hours per week
Work at your own pace and integrate online learning with your schedule.
When you graduate, you’ll be able to:
- Analyze the external environment in which your organization is inserted, considering aspects of the macroenvironment (political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal) and sectorial environment (consumers/customers, suppliers, current and new competitors), identifying the future facts relevant to your business.
- Learn how to work with teams in business contexts.
- Create and implement strategic plans.
- Create and implement marketing plans.
- Apply quantitative methods of future studies, based on available historical data and different tools that will be taught.
- Apply qualitative methods of future studies, identifying among the tools taught in the course the one(s) most appropriate to your problem or to better support your decision.
- Know the main future trends and technologies that will impact careers, business, and your country in the future.
- Define the impacts of future trends in your organizations, considering corporate foresight as a tool for generating value.
- Make management decisions in different sectors and areas of activity.
Learn more from our current students:
Caroline Da Silva, Global Quality Lead at GE, USA - LinkedIn Profile
Coursera provides a great flexibility in online learning especially for those who work full-time like myself. The portal is very user friendly and the staff responses are always in a timely manner. The online experience has been great so far. I highly recommend.
Wei Zhou, Business Founder, China
Full of curiosity in my life journey, this program enlightens me to improve my mindset and explore how to be inclusive in business environments. It offers managerial practice of intercultural awareness as well as diversity to many career opportunities.
Flavio Silva, USA
This MBA program fits just perfectly into my routine, I can study after hours and over weekends. Great classes with rich and up-to-date materials and many interesting study cases. I'm really excited for the next level.
Sandeep Satapathy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
The MBA program developed and offered by FIA on the Coursera platform uniquely facilitates my learning of management and its core principles using practical and employable resources. I greatly enjoy the lectures and their design which ensures active student engagement, while making sure there is plenty of flexibility for remote learners especially those who are pursuing the course part-time. Lastly, I have to thank the great team of admin people who are always very prompt, helpful, and supportive in making the learning experience very enriching and enjoyable! This is one such online MBA program which has everything that a learner craves for!
As an established and global learning provider, Coursera uses high-touch and innovative techniques to provide a top-notch educational experience. Teaching and learning in the program will be delivered through the Coursera platform using a range of methods including:
- pre-recorded lectures and video capture
- practical exercises
- asynchronous peer-to-peer and staff-moderated discussion forums
- synchronous scheduled live sessions
- discussion forums and office hours
- discussion prompts
The assessment methods, also delivered through the Coursera platform, include:
- online quizzes
- group papers
- case study discussions
You will learn in a cohort through discussion boards (which can be used as assessment through graded discussion prompts) and peer assessed exercises. These features, ranging from live classroom sessions to group peer sessions, allow each student to participate in an interactive, supportive, and engaging experience and ensure the highest quality online learning environment.
As a FIA Business School student, you will also have access to a complete library by EBSCO and Harvard Business Publishing cases.
Access your courses from anywhere — you can even download them to your mobile device and study offline without using your data plan.
Interact with fellow students through course forums. Leverage the experiences and knowledge of your peers by posing questions to the group and engaging in rich discussions.
Lectures are organized into weekly modules, which can be absorbed via video playback or interactive transcript. Pace yourself through online lectures before meeting with the teaching team and your classmates to dive deeper into the material.
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.
We encourage you to investigate whether this degree meets your academic and/or professional needs before applying.