Back to The 3D Printing Revolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The 3D Printing Revolution by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course will demonstrate how 3D printers work, show what people make with them, and examine the 3D printing ecosystem. It will also explore the future of 3D printing and discuss how this technology will revolutionize our world. The course materials include informative video lectures, on-location interviews with a variety of 3D printing experts, and engaging hands-on exercises. Learners who complete this introductory course will have a solid understanding of 3D printing and its revolutionary potential, and will be able to print and customize 3D designs. This course was listed in the top 50 MOOC's of all time by Class-Central (https://www.class-central.com/report/top-moocs/)...

RP
Jun 27, 2020

A must attend course for those who like innovation and engineering. Will become a must complete subject for engineering graduates. This technology will definitely be a part of our day to day life.

SA
May 8, 2020

It is an amazing technology that has revolutionized the world. This course really help me in understanding the 3D printers working principle and much more. I really feel proud to learnt about it.

26 - 50 of 431 Reviews for The 3D Printing Revolution

By GAJRE S P

Its really a great course for beginner. Course is very well planned and concepts are very well explained. Feedback from industry people is very much helpful for 3D printing technology. At the end of the course, you will highly motivated to enter into the world of 3D printing technology.

By Renee A

This course is an excellent introduction to the world of 3D printing. It is also very helpful in ascertaining what the future holds for this industry and thus a good way to gauge the logical courses of action that should be taken to keep up with this technology and manufacturing trends.

By Daniel T

Jun 13, 2016

An excellent course to start with, if you are completely new to 3D printing. Easy-to-understand language, very little special tech-talk, so the course is suitable for virtually anybody. t is true that you do not need to be a tech genius to get acquanted with the world of 3D printing!

By Jingfei Z

Oct 24, 2017

This course help me a lot when I start printing an enable-hand.

I know what's material I should use and how this process works.

It also broaden my vision and show a promising future of 3D printing. I feel like every home will have a 3D printer in the future just as a coffee machine.

By Josh M

May 18, 2017

Awesome course. This was a good introduction to 3D printing that included some of the pioneers in the field. I look forward to learning more throughout the entire speciality. I highly recommend this for anyone interested in learning more about the possibilities of 3D printing.

By HILARY H

Aug 6, 2020

Thank you Dr Arief for conducting this course. An eye opener for me to understand the 3D Printing Technology. A lot of key words such as thingiverse, makerbolt,FDM , Hackerspace and etc are the words that i learn from this course. Thank you again. Dr Arief.

By Olomo A D

Jul 4, 2020

The Lecturer is fantastic; he made the course so interactive. There were many people and many places involved. It didn't even feel like I was in class; it felt more like a road trip. Would totally recommend to anyone who wants to learn about 3D printing.

By Sanket P

Jun 26, 2020

I was not aware of 3d printing before joining this course. This course is perfect to get knowledge of 3d printing technology. It involves introducing many firms which uses 3d printing technology to get into business which I liked most about the course.

By Craig W M

Nov 2, 2017

I knew I wanted to make stuff before this class however I'm not itching to start printing. I know what type of Printing I want to do and even the types of materials I'd like to do my first few runs. It got my creative spark going that's for sure thanks

By Khushboo J

Jun 26, 2020

I just loved this course. The way it taught and covers every aspect of 3D printing. Teaching just I want to know nothing else and in a very friendly feeling. I completed this course in 2 days because I was this excited and it is that amazing course :)

By ahmed s a h

May 2, 2016

Hello!

My name is Ahmed from Egypt, I am 3D Hubs Mayor. I think it's The first course in the internet which will give you the opportunity to know a lot of things about 3D Printing so stay tuned and register now if you interested in 3D printing.

Cheers,

By Roberto G

Apr 22, 2020

This is a great course for anyone trying to get started with 3D printing. It is highly recommended if you still waiting for your desktop printer to arrive. Even if you already got your printer and thinking to buy one I would recommend this course.

By Timothy A N ( g b T A

Oct 24, 2017

What a tremendous eye-opener this course has been! My vague concept of 3D Printing has become a more defined and refined vision of the possibilities offered by this technology. Outstanding course that has me looking forward to learning more!

By Ali M A

Sep 15, 2019

The course was really very useful and fun I think 3D printing will really make a difference in the future of manufacturing and will become more sophisticated and complex

Thanks to the University of Illinois and the Coursera platform

By Anubhav S

Apr 21, 2016

Best place to get yourself up-to-date with the "state-of-the-art" in 3D printing. I really liked 'The Revolutionaries' section where you get exposure to all the inter-disciplinary ideas floating around in the 3D Printing landscape.

By Dr. D D

Jun 10, 2020

Really wonderful opportunity to learn more about 3D Printing technology with industry experts, Entrepreneurs experience, Students project view and so on.

Thank you so much to the course coordinator and entire team of participants.

By Pascal G

May 1, 2016

Pour avoir parcouru les deux premiers chapitres, je trouve que le contenu est riche, plutôt didactique. Les interlocuteurs choisis sont des personnes pertinentes, reconnues dans leur domaine. J'ai hâte de découvrir la suite ...

By Betty S

Jan 15, 2017

Excellent course. Very well presented. I enjoyed not only the instruction sessions but also the interviews with other specialists in this fascinating field. A great course to inspire one to continue pursuing this as a career.

By Shourya A

It was an amazing course, especially the teaching style. The instructor directly took us to the marketplace and the people who are directly involved in it to teach us what is going on with the 3D printing technology.

By BOOBALASENTHILRAJ A K

May 8, 2020

Excellent Course by Prof. Aric Rindfleisch . Best course for the beginners. And the course will inspire and motivate the leaner to become a skillful person in 3D printing technology. I strongly recommend this course.

By Efrain J P H

Jun 5, 2017

Is a great way to start learning about 3d printing, I allready knew lots of the content but is presented in order, took two week what may take weeks of research, reading, web searching and still this is a better way.

By sue c l

Feb 26, 2017

I like the fact that so many leaders of 3D printing came from diverse backgrounds. And they share an infectious spirit of learning and pushing the boundaries of software, hardware and materials science.

By Rajeesh R P

Jun 28, 2020

By Sakhawat A

May 9, 2020

By Tan S Y

The way the course is conducted is interesting as it interviews experts in the 3D printing to share their stories and insights. This gave me good insights into how the 3D printing world is.