Back to Academic Literacy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Academic Literacy by Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology

This is the first course of the English for Research Publication Purposes Specialization. The course is an introduction to what you need to know about academic discourse. You’ll gain important critical reading skills to help you develop as a self-critical scientific writer. You will learn practical tools and effective strategies for increasing your academic vocabulary and grammar so that you will write well-structured coherent academic texts....

KK
Jan 1, 2021

This course is fantastic. I learned more than I initially thought I would and am loving every second. One more step in the right direction to become an academic editor and researcher.

DT
Oct 24, 2020

Videos are made skillfully; they are interesting to watch. Lessons cover all the important information. Tests are appropriate and challenging enough to encourage students' thinking.

76 - 92 of 92 Reviews for Academic Literacy

By Бершацкий Я В

Oct 25, 2020

Курс был мне очень полезным. Его было приятно и интересно проходить. Единственное, что доставляло большой дискомфорт, это задания с открытым ответом в контрольных. Не очень понятно, в какой форме их нужно заполнять. Было бы очень хорошо, если бы в будущем в таких заданиях был пример заполнения и прямое указание на использование запятых или других знаков-разделителей.

By SATUVALLI U L 2

Feb 22, 2021

Was an excellent course. Very apt for amateur researchers. Gives the learner all the inputs needed to start review of literature. I am very happy that I have completed this course. Shall recommend to my fellow scholars too!

By Garima K S

Jun 17, 2021

An excellent course for any graduate or professional looking for scientific or academic writing. Thanks a lot to Coursera and MIPT for providing this, especially, the instructor.

By Jude Z

Apr 2, 2021

All Ph.D. students must attend this course. It is useful and interesting. Thank you to all who worked to prepare this course.

By Giovanni M R R

May 4, 2021

Very useful course , I'm not a native english user, but I have found this course interesting, thank you so much

By Jaideep S

Nov 27, 2020

It was a learning journey which eventually lit my wisdom and grammer.

By Hasaranga D J

Mar 10, 2021

Very useful and very informative for the research writing

By KEVIN J

May 16, 2021

Good course for international Ph.D students !!

By NUR M F Y

Oct 11, 2020

very good for learning and knowledge.

By Claudia E T B

Oct 30, 2020

Excellent helped me a lot, thanks!

By Itzel D A H

Jan 26, 2021

Hard course, but very useful.

By Kendrick N

Nov 6, 2020

Interesting and informative!

By NUR F N B A B B

Oct 19, 2020

amazing

By Malin M

Jan 1, 2021

The contents are great. However, I found trouble in answering the quizzes due to technical problems. Don't worry, the tutors are very helpful and you can always join the discussion forum to connect with other students.

By Hamzah A

Apr 13, 2021

The course is very informative and well organized but the exams are not well programmed and there are a lot of errors and I was frustrated a lot.

By Sevdenur Ç

Oct 30, 2020

Everything was good until I was not able to pass my quiz due to open ended questions.

By Maria D P

Jun 5, 2021

I expect more about this course