Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

251 - 275 of 327 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

Aug 27, 2015

Very clear and organized materials.

By Learner I

Aug 19, 2015

This is a useful basic refresher course for anyone who works or volunteers in the substance abuse field. I wanted to know the latest brain research and get an update on the various drug categories.

By Anna C

Sep 18, 2015

Real interesting and useful course, but since it's not my major, though sometimes hard for me to understand some concept. Still quite good! Nice teacher!

By Matthew S

Aug 16, 2017

I enjoyed this course overall. I think I would have like to looked deeper into the neurophysiology behind addiction, but understand that can get pretty complex and would probably require a larger curriculum. Thanks for the lessons!

By Tonatiuh G R

Jul 16, 2017

It was a great course. I really appreciate that the lessons were not that long. However I feel that the course can use more animations such those used here. I feel I dud learned a lot about addictions, something that is very important because I do work as an addiction counselor. Thank you so much!

By Kathy S C

Apr 27, 2016

This was very informative and right on the mark with how society feels and what is available in the lines of treatment/help.

Thank you.

By Alfred C S

Nov 01, 2015

Well-structured and very factual. Also many resources made available for further learning.

By Stefanos A B

Feb 20, 2016

While providing some knowledge about drugs and drug-addiction, I would have preferred a more in-depth guide into the inner workings of the brain related to drugs. Nevertheless it served as a good introduction to addiction.

By MITESH S

Oct 19, 2015

This is a very good introductory course on the various aspects of addiction. I wish they would introduce a second part with more comprehensive information.

By Allegra B

Sep 01, 2015

It was informative but felt that the instructor was somehow too confident of his position, though he did give lip service to other positions. I am not sure why this bothered me, since I agree with the importance of being compassionate and the misguidedness of a punitive stance towards addiction. And in fact, it has nothing to do with the course. I would also have enjoyed seeing more and/or more detailed case studies.

By Erica B

Sep 08, 2015

Great course. It could have been a little more dense with technical information, but it was excellent for a broad overview of the topic.

By Sandra M M

Sep 18, 2017

This is an interesting course for anyone who wants to understand drug addiction on many levels, physiological, psychological and societal. The main focus of the course is the effect of drug addiction on the brain, but prior knowledge of neurology is not required.

By Shahjahan B

Aug 17, 2015

Great contribution to healthy humanity.

By Daniel F R R

Apr 14, 2016

Nicer

By Deborah M

Oct 09, 2015

This is a very interesting course. Some of the material is pretty difficult, but it is presented in a clear manner. I learned a lot from the professor.

By Christopher E W

Oct 25, 2015

Fairly interesting course. I learned quite a bit I can say from taking this class. Some of the content seemed irrelevant. But overall a great course!

By James B

Nov 12, 2015

Very informative.

By JJ H

Oct 08, 2015

A great and informative course. Very clear and interesting! I would have appreciated a bit more if it discussed more tips to help prevent/deal-with drug abuse or addiction. Thank you for the course!

By monet0203

Aug 18, 2015

Great course into the physiological aspects of addiction and brain psychology. Please have expand the course.

By Madelyn S

Oct 02, 2016

Very informative

By Anna P M

Nov 30, 2016

This course was particularly helpful and explanatory to someone like me, who has little knowledge of the processes of substances in the human brain and the effects of drugs in general. I enjoyed almost every lecture's content and the way the whole course was structured. However, I do think that the way the lectures were delivered was a bit dry and that more perspectives on the drug addiction issue could have been presented.

By Sobia K

Aug 02, 2016

this is very informative coures

By Nicholas K

Dec 27, 2017

A lot of trying to sell a book I noticed but other than that good work

By Leila

Apr 04, 2018

Not geared toward those in the medical field, but still interesting.

By Dominic S

May 12, 2017

A very interesting course with a wide range of educational material. Perhaps could be a little more challenging though.