Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

276 - 300 of 325 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Alfred C S

Nov 01, 2015

Well-structured and very factual. Also many resources made available for further learning.

By Stefanos A B

Feb 20, 2016

While providing some knowledge about drugs and drug-addiction, I would have preferred a more in-depth guide into the inner workings of the brain related to drugs. Nevertheless it served as a good introduction to addiction.

By MITESH S

Oct 19, 2015

This is a very good introductory course on the various aspects of addiction. I wish they would introduce a second part with more comprehensive information.

By Allegra B

Sep 01, 2015

It was informative but felt that the instructor was somehow too confident of his position, though he did give lip service to other positions. I am not sure why this bothered me, since I agree with the importance of being compassionate and the misguidedness of a punitive stance towards addiction. And in fact, it has nothing to do with the course. I would also have enjoyed seeing more and/or more detailed case studies.

By Erica B

Sep 08, 2015

Great course. It could have been a little more dense with technical information, but it was excellent for a broad overview of the topic.

By Sandra M M

Sep 18, 2017

This is an interesting course for anyone who wants to understand drug addiction on many levels, physiological, psychological and societal. The main focus of the course is the effect of drug addiction on the brain, but prior knowledge of neurology is not required.

By Anna C

Sep 18, 2015

Real interesting and useful course, but since it's not my major, though sometimes hard for me to understand some concept. Still quite good! Nice teacher!

By Shahjahan B

Aug 17, 2015

Great contribution to healthy humanity.

By Daniel F R R

Apr 14, 2016

Nicer

By Deborah M

Oct 09, 2015

This is a very interesting course. Some of the material is pretty difficult, but it is presented in a clear manner. I learned a lot from the professor.

By Christopher E W

Oct 25, 2015

Fairly interesting course. I learned quite a bit I can say from taking this class. Some of the content seemed irrelevant. But overall a great course!

By James B

Nov 12, 2015

Very informative.

By JJ H

Oct 08, 2015

A great and informative course. Very clear and interesting! I would have appreciated a bit more if it discussed more tips to help prevent/deal-with drug abuse or addiction. Thank you for the course!

By Corina M

Oct 18, 2019

Overall, it covers good topics for an introductory course on addition, accessible and interesting. I do have two major feedback remarks: (1) the content jumps from simplistic to quite complex back and forth that can be frustrating. there are sections i almost could fast forward to, and others i had to listen 2-3 times in order to understand (mostly, this is about the biological mechanisms describe - by far the most interesting part of the course, so would have loved for these parts to be more detailed and more of them); (2) the tone is often unnecessarily preaching 'you should stay away from drugs...etc'. i see no room for this in an academic course. stick to the evidence, as it is more convincing. overall, a more balanced delivery would do good. Thank you!

By Michael C

Oct 26, 2015

Interesting but really introductive

By Amanda R

Oct 31, 2017

Looks to be an interesting course.

By Tri N

Aug 20, 2015

I will rated number 3 because I want to learn more new stuff about protections of my body.

By Joshua J F

Sep 03, 2015

I learned some important concepts, but all of the material was repeated many times. If the redundancy of information were eliminated, imagine how much more students of this course could learn!

By Dorothy H

Jul 02, 2016

Worth skimming fast through for free to learn a little something about the brain. Don't expect to learn much about the brain though. The title is a little misleading.

By Thomas C

Sep 13, 2015

Somewhat too simple, but still a good basic introduction.

By Nathalie A

Jan 04, 2016

Maybe too easy... And too focused on the society more than on the brain itself. Enjoyed it though.

By Kostadin K

Jun 17, 2016

Well, I expected more and more debt, It seems the course is oriented to the general public.

By Eleanor T M

Jan 13, 2017

Did not like that I have to upgrade just to take a quiz

By Ellen W

May 09, 2016

Knowledgeable professor. Distracting background. I prefer direct eye contact rather than having the professor sometimes filmed not looking directly at the camera. But the course gave excellent information and I enjoyed it.

By Ivan

Feb 16, 2016

So simple, not enough informative.