Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

226 - 250 of 325 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Christene M G

Aug 09, 2019

Just finding this site and all different subjects, i am excited to continue!

By Daiane M D

May 21, 2019

Very good material! It was very useful to me as psychologist and as researcher.

By todd s

May 22, 2019

Very good course.

By Hector G B

Aug 19, 2019

It was very nice

By Maria W

Aug 19, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. This has given me plenty of material to discuss with friends and family regarding the effects of drug use, not just through description of symptoms, but also being able to describe how drugs affect neurotransmission in the brain. I have a few friends who have struggled with addiction and this has not only opened up an avenue for me to speak to them about addiction but also helped me understand why they continue to relapse into drug and alcohol abuse. Thank you very much for this course - I learned so much!

By Sol G H

Sep 08, 2019

Such a complete information, than you so much for the opportunity

By Sarah G

Oct 24, 2019

Very comprehensive and well-delivered course- would definitely recommend to anyone hoping to learn more about addiction and the mechanisms behind it!

By George C

Sep 16, 2019

Lessons are very informative and some in the advanced weeks can be very challenging if you do not have a science background. But all round, the professor explains all concepts very clearly and gives review questions at the end of every video lesson. The quizzes are good too.

By Emma C M P

Sep 02, 2019

¡Muy completo! Aprendí cosas que ignoraba por completo, incluyendo aquellas que parecen obvias. Me di cuenta de que, si yo no estaba enterada de cosas que van desde lo sencillo hasta algo más complejo, quienes no están interesados en conocer a fondo el tema de las drogas están más propensos a distintos y mayores riesgos debido a la falta de información. Creo que es importante que todos estemos informados al respecto, sin importar si las consumimos o no.

By Cynthia C

Sep 04, 2019

working in Detox setting this was a great review.

By Ali M M

Oct 11, 2019

This course help me a lot to understand the phenomenon of Addiction. Thank you course era for such a great platform provided to Student. Thank you again.

By Ivonne K

Oct 31, 2019

I enjoyed learning about the brain and what drugs do it it..Fascinating

By winniey m

Nov 02, 2019

I found the course to be of great value and enjoyed it thoroughly.

By Mohammed I A a

Oct 15, 2019

FOR NEW BIGGINER, THIS COURSE WILL BE MOST USEFULL FOR THEM.

By Raquel G

Feb 27, 2019

es un curso muy informativo

By james e c

Sep 04, 2015

Well designed course. I have a couple of close family members who are addicts...pills and gambling. I highly recommend this class. The professor is excellent and I've benefited from his lectures.

By John M

Oct 25, 2016

A great overview of relevant material and a well negotiated outline of how harm reduction can positively impact longterm drug abuse.

By Deepak G K

May 13, 2017

I was just curios to know about drugs and how it works and the impacts of it to a human being and society. This course is good for a beginner and gives a kind of very brief idea on how , what and why of Drugs. I am from a non medical background but majority of the courseware had good examples and explains stuff to make me understand.

By Gerald B

Jun 24, 2017

quick course, focused on how rehab could work - insightful and thorough for the length - good clear professor.

By Yu S

Aug 31, 2015

The course gives a very comprehensive overview of what drugs are and how it affects the brain, as well as practical advice for person and government. It addresses the issue in a scientific but simple way, that makes people really understand what we are dealing with, especially with the concept of comorbidity.

By sarveshvishnu

Oct 27, 2016

Its all you would want from the course. Informative and efficient.

By golnaz h

Dec 01, 2015

The content was great, the presentation was a bit dry, but I feel I got a lot out of this course.

By Yael A

Jun 08, 2016

Very comprehensive but easy to follow. I only regret the "pro animal testing" proselytism here and there.

Aug 27, 2015

Very clear and organized materials.

By Learner I

Aug 19, 2015

This is a useful basic refresher course for anyone who works or volunteers in the substance abuse field. I wanted to know the latest brain research and get an update on the various drug categories.