Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

151 - 175 of 325 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Ariel J A Z

Apr 07, 2016

Excelent

By Qianyi O

Sep 23, 2015

I did this course last year, since I had psychological knowledge so it was not too hard to understand all the concepts. What really attracts me is the forum, I just tried to post my question about assignment at forum, then quickly got a reply from my peer, from then on, I started to participate on forum discussion and did learn a lot. So, come to join us!

By Jakub P

Jan 18, 2017

Very informative, though I would recommend getting a little background on how the brain works in general, it will help you get more out of this course.

By Heather L

Jul 30, 2017

Very informative and well presented. Learned a lot. Thanks!

By Sami H

Aug 22, 2016

This is a very well structured, very well explained course. It gives an original insight into the workings of the human mind, and how substances can impact it in various ways.

By Jaime M D

Jun 21, 2017

i love this course

By mary h

Aug 12, 2016

I found this course well structured and concise. It covered a lot of the subject with up to date information. It had helpful diagrams and gave good real life examples. Highly recommend for everyone to help understand substance misuse and possible treatments. Also it's role in the wider society.

By Natalie M

Sep 03, 2016

A real pleasure to learn!

By Prajwal S S

Nov 08, 2015

Addiction is not only about smoking and alcohol and drugs, its way way beyond that and thanks to Dr. Michael Kuhar and the Emory university for revealing it to me.

By Enrique V R

Dec 27, 2015

Excellent course!

By azadeh e

Nov 01, 2015

well, since i got stocked with my university homework, i couldn't get the chance to finish this course as i was expecting to. but, definitely i would like to let you know that this has been an amazing journey for me, an ADHD who is obligated to be on ritalin so that the society gets comfortable around me. although it never made me feel better about myself, but it made people around me to stop complaining about my energy. after all, i am still an addict to this pill, but at the end, thanks to Emory University guys, i succeeded to know my body and what it goes through when i tend to not be ADHD. i have never got to reach the treatment parts, but at least i'm going to give a lecture on the side effects of ritalin in university.

at the end, thanks, for letting us know. that was the best gift ever :)

By Malhar V

Apr 14, 2017

Very good course. Opened a window to the world of addiction.

By Abelardo Q F J

Sep 17, 2015

A great course approaching many aspects of addiction, both behavioral studies as well neurosciences aspects.

By ROBERTO T

Dec 14, 2015

H

By A. T

Feb 01, 2016

Excellent introductory course. It is very useful that it can be completed at the student's own pace.

By Braulio F d C

Oct 07, 2016

This course is very clarifying and informative. The lecturer is charismatic and didactic.

By Mary J N C

Mar 21, 2017

The Addicted Brain provided me the foundation to have the conviction to be at the frontier of a community owned initiative to help the Philippines War on Drugs. The Harm Reduction Principle is the applied principle with Magnesium Mineral as agent for detoxification to address SAWS. As a Naturopath Doctor, I have been using Minerals in treating variety of ailments of my patients. Among these minerals is an End Stage Renal Failure case for dialysis which was cleared "NO DIALYSIS NEEDED" by his Physician after his Minerals Therapy. Others are symptoms of Substance Abuse Withdrawal Syndrome due to other health conditions such as Insomnia, Depression, Involuntary Muscle Movement, Muscles Pain, Anxiety, Brain Fog, Pins and Needles, and others.

The Addicted Brain Course is a must course for those who are working in the field of Drug Addiction.

By Pat C

Oct 05, 2015

Great course. I liked the deadline notification option. I also liked the opportunity to complete work at my own pace with the final deadline the end of the course. With my busy schedule, this option was wonderful and allowed me to complete all of the assignments for credit.

By Abraham N

Mar 30, 2017

By Shoola D

Sep 06, 2015

Interesting and mind-opening course. Enjoying it!

By Weiliang P

Oct 09, 2015

really good and practical course

By Hamdy E

Jun 09, 2017

very good lecturer. made the subject easier to master.

By JANDER T D O

Aug 09, 2015

Awsome course

By Helen F

Sep 25, 2015

The individual course topics were evenly distributed and presented in a meticulous, thorough, as well as elaborate manner. The lecturer was inviting and encouraging, whereas the technical specifications of the video lectures and quizzes were exceptionally good. In overall, the ''Addicted Brain'' course positively predisposes me towards opting for more courses provided and sponsored by the Emory University.

By Ahmed M A A K

Sep 13, 2015

very useful & I enjoy it !