Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

176 - 200 of 325 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Ji H M

Feb 26, 2016

By Licia R

Feb 16, 2016

I recently graduated with an MSW. I concentrated my course load on children and found addiction knowledge to be lacking upon graduation. Too many families are affected by addiction and in good conscience I couldn't work with children and their families without learning more. This was extremely helpful and the course gave me more passion and knowledge concerning children and addiction in terms of vulnerability, prevention, risk and protective factors. The instructor was wonderful, non-judgmental and very informative. I loved the neurobiology explanations as well. Thank you!!!

By Cody J K

Jun 29, 2016

Helped me understand why my left my family for a life of meth addiction. I am thankful that it has reduced my stress and anger ove3 what she has done. even a small amount of understanding

By J P W

Nov 24, 2015

An excellent course which covers the scientific and qualitative aspects of drugs addiction and physical dependency.

By laurie t

Dec 01, 2015

The instructor presented the material in a very clear and compassionate way. The spee

By Matthew N M

Aug 18, 2015

Excellent and interesting course on a very important topic. Very professional production and high quality lectures. It was quite easy, apart from the brain chemistry sections.

By Wendy S

Jan 02, 2016

Excellent insight into how we become addicts. Encourages further research.

By Filipa A M R

Sep 09, 2015

As a trainee lawyer I found this course quite good and helpful.

In Portugal we have a lot of drug issues. Knowing how drug addiction works in the human brain might be helpful, especially on court, where some individuals are convicted for drug issues when, sometimes, it's not only their choice.

Thank you for the course. I hope there are more courses available for this kind of issues.

By Alyson d R J

Feb 17, 2018

Impeccable course in approaching drug addiction and chemical addiction! Thank you for everything and greetings from Brazil!

By huzaifa a r

Jan 19, 2016

Excellent

By Dmytro N

Aug 02, 2017

Amazing course, exciting content, great teaching

Sep 13, 2017

Excellent course :)

By Phillip G

Sep 16, 2015

Wonderful!

By Lu Z

Nov 06, 2015

It's an excellent course!!! I love the instructor's style.

By Jose R C

Mar 15, 2016

Great course and was put out very well, never felt like I was in over my head.

By Christy P

Apr 02, 2018

By Gina B

Sep 22, 2015

Excellent course! Professor is enthusiastic about the subject and conveys this to the students. Great course for grappling with the issues created by addiction.

By RISSER-MAROIX

Sep 24, 2015

Highly rated course.

A very good choice for youngs and seniors with addiction or not. Very important to prevent addictive trends and to help addicted people, because Dr Michael KUHAR explains very clearly and very simply with a choice of experiment and other examples, complex brain behaviors. Thank you to Emory University and to Coursera too.

By Mario A G

Dec 11, 2015

Outstandi

By Ardeshir f

Aug 29, 2017

Very useful for every one

By John R P

v

l

l

e

I learned a great deal about the mechanisms involved in drug addiction , drug policy, and risk and protective factors. The professor was knowledgeable and taught in a very understandable way.

By RICHARD A P

Feb 16, 2017

Very informative . However somebody needs to give this instructor a glass of water :}

By Martha I R

Mar 13, 2017

This course is an amplified knowledge basket that can settle in any person who is directly or indirectly affected of substance addiction or abuse. It is great to have available this kind of courses, highly recommended.

By Alvaro D R L

Jun 18, 2018

One of the best courses about Drugs, taking them in an objective way, very interesting and complex enough for undergrads, it's good to know also about policies, treatment and decriminalization. Would like to be in a course focused only in pharmacokinetics of drugs by the same insitution.

By Arturo S E T