Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

ER

Jul 24, 2020

One of the best course. Before I took up this course I have negative feelings towards the drugs addicts. But this course completely change my behavior and opinions towards them. Thank you so much.

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

101 - 125 of 443 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Abdelrahman M F E

Jun 24, 2018

it is a wonderful course, nut it has only one problem is it doesn't vary in its questions. the questions in the lectures is same in the quizzes.

By Aldo R M

Jul 22, 2016

To the point, very appealing and the professor I amazing! I have been getting so much useful information and details about the brain of addicts.

By Casey L '

Sep 07, 2015

I am absolutely loving this course. The lecturer is extremely thorough in his explanations. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. 😊

By Rochelle M

Oct 19, 2020

Video content was digestible and extremely interesting. Professor was knowledgeable and review questions at the end of the videos were helpful.

By Anik M

Sep 24, 2017

Excellent course; Michael Kuhar presented the information in an easy-to-understand manner and I learned lots about addiction from this MOOC.

By Ayesha R

Oct 07, 2020

Very helpful and informative course. And a course which must be taken by every youth to understand the drugs and how they effect the brain.

By Dorde V

Jan 07, 2016

Excellently presented course. Very informative. Some really good recommended links to read along side the course context. Well thought out.

By Dan A

Oct 01, 2015

Very interesting and comprehensive. Very helpful and exhaustive data, corroborated from various fields of knowledge. Thank you very much!

By Rodrigo M Á

May 02, 2017

Very satisfied with the quality of the information. Thank you teacher, thank you Emory, and thank you Coursera. Lic. Rodrigo M. Álvarez.

By George w

Jul 16, 2020

awesome course , very much inclusive , it offers all that I needed to know in helping my organization have great impact on society.

By Vivi S

Sep 05, 2020

excellent course, thanks to Dr. Michael Kuhar, Ph.D. for so many things taught and for all the knowledge he shared. I am very happy.

By Esther A

Jan 14, 2016

This course is very useful, practical and very easy to understand. It has really given me new insights into the disease of addiction.

By Supantha R

Aug 12, 2020

I have enjoyed the course very much. It was great,but at week 8, I faced problem with the sound quality. You should edit the volume.

By Angela F

Mar 13, 2016

Excellent course in an easy to use format. Very enjoyable and informative. Resources and video lectures are of a very high standard.

By Elena L

Jun 14, 2020

Dr. Kuhar is an excellent resource!!!

Thanks for clarifying things about the science behind drug addiction and the way our brain is.

By Kids I

Aug 16, 2015

i love the addicted brain course it teachs you so many cool things about drugs,neurotransmitters,how then drugs affect the body.

By Anubhav v

Jul 17, 2020

this course is exceptionally great , the ease with which mentor has explained drug and it's related mechanics was appreciable .

By Edgar C G

Mar 16, 2018

It is a general but interesting view of addiction, the most important thing for me was the topic about clearing out the stigma

By Anita

Jan 09, 2017

I enjoyed this course all the way. It was challenging for me and extremely educative. The knowledge accrued is already in use.

By Diego

Jul 13, 2020

Información muy relevante con explicaciones muy fáciles de entender y, además se tocan temas muy actuales acerca de este tema

By fatma

Sep 01, 2020

I really adore this course and it inspires me a lot, I wish I could participate in research related to brain and addiction.

By Alyson d R J

Feb 17, 2018

Impeccable course in approaching drug addiction and chemical addiction! Thank you for everything and greetings from Brazil!

By Doha a

Sep 13, 2020

i really had an amazing experience in this course and lots of information and sources and i am really glad that i took it

By Patrick O

Dec 07, 2017

The quizzes tested the material really well and I thought the lectures were well done and didn't seem to go over my head.

By Santosh

Jul 13, 2020

Very nice course, drugs knowledge everyone should have and it's effect on brain especially Toluene is also very harmful.