Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

ER
Jul 23, 2020

One of the best course. Before I took up this course I have negative feelings towards the drugs addicts. But this course completely change my behavior and opinions towards them. Thank you so much.

CP
Apr 1, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

426 - 450 of 452 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Tri N

Aug 20, 2015

I will rated number 3 because I want to learn more new stuff about protections of my body.

By Alicia D R

Jun 30, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this class, and appreciate all of the information it entailed.

By Adrian L

Dec 29, 2019

very general information. good, but id prefer more in-deptht teachings.

By Thomas C

Sep 13, 2015

Somewhat too simple, but still a good basic introduction.

By Eleanor T M

Jan 13, 2017

Did not like that I have to upgrade just to take a quiz

By D K

Jan 5, 2016

《成瘾的大脑》这门课程内容真的很丰富,老师讲述也很详细,不过要顺利学这门课还是需要一些生物学的入门知识的。

By Marci A B

Oct 2, 2015

Very interesting as lay person interested in topic.

By Gunawardhana S W S E G

Sep 4, 2020

The extra reading material provided is outdated

By Michael C

Oct 26, 2015

Interesting but really introductive

By Amanda R

Oct 31, 2017

Looks to be an interesting course.

By Ivan S

Feb 16, 2016

So simple, not enough informative.

By Mr.R.N.RajaRavishankar

Oct 22, 2020

Good

By Tom T

Jan 28, 2016

I am very interested in this topic however I found the instructor's presentation to be so monotonic and slow paced that I dropped out. I am sure he knows his material cold and I am sure that he is much better "live" in class. The readings were appropriate and the course out line solid. However this is not his media. And I have done the "talking to the camera" thing and it can be deadly for presenters. It is not BTW an "age thing"; I am older than he, I am sure, and do not ask that presentations be entertaining - just that they be engaging. (Perhaps if Coursera had lecturers present in front of small groups, as "Great Courses" does? It is unfortunate that (as I understand it) Coursera doesn't offer a "free look" with the option to transfer one's fee to another course if unhappy. Hope this is constructive for both the lecturer and Coursera.

By David D

Jan 10, 2017

Information strays between ridiculously shallow and unnecessarily deep (e.g. the stuff about GPCRs is so far removed from importance when discussing addiction). Most of the time the questions are poorly worded and thoughtless, and the whole thing reminds me of a bad high school class. Some parts border on misinformation, does seem almost as if it's been underwritten by the DEA. Paints a very distinct picture, a picture with an agenda and really incomplete portrayal of addiction. Points for trying though.

By Anne H

Feb 6, 2018

I may be a bit harsh in my review because I found the material to be so basic as to be a poor use of my time. This conclusion is furthered by the dull presentation. It was very slow, lacked depth, and was delivered in an uninteresting way. Such a critically-important and fascinating topic could have been so much more engaging. Thank you. Anne

By Anas m S S i

May 15, 2020

as i personally studied medical marijuana and seen its effectiveness in mediating PTSD and reducing stress and pain in cancer patients first hand, and that it in this tow cases at least manage the problem way better that opium, and never ever seen an overdose, demonizing it in the course is not appealing to me..

By Tj E

Oct 31, 2015

As a career dieter who is constantly reading about causes of obesity, I can't say I learned anything too earth-shattering. However, the research discussed does support what I have learned from listening to the podcasts from the Institute for the Psychology of Eating.

By Nikita I

Jan 28, 2017

Quite boring, a lot of propaganda against drugs. Sometimes data is presented in misleading ways to make the harm from drugs look greater. Though if you are new to the topic, you may consider to take the course as it contains some useful information.

By Denis Y

Mar 10, 2018

Not much of information, not deep, a lot of repeating, speaker is very slow, feels like NLP

By Lovro T

Sep 9, 2015

Not very informative, and too simple. Also, there is way too much repeating

By Jason E

Aug 15, 2015

Very informative but very dry presentations.

By Yang G

Feb 28, 2016

yeah i would give zero if possible. very shallow and general, cannot learn much from it. if u want a course about neuroscience there's way better course than this. what the hell emory? what hte hell coursera? i feel less and less sincerity in coursera's mooc these days. edx is doing a much better job in my perspective.

By Alex W

Feb 2, 2016

If possible, I would give this course zero stars. It provides an incredibly closed minded view towards all topics and provides very minimal factual information. The makers of this course, and especially the instructor, obviously have had very little to no experience of any kind with most of the topics they discuss.

By Mirghavamaddin B

Jun 2, 2020

When I enrolled I thought that it was free. But after complaining the first week’s work and doing the homework, it will not grade me until I upgrade. Either I missed something or this was very deceiving on your part.

By Gloria V

Nov 15, 2020

There is no way to finish the course unless you pay.

I attended this course only for personal interests, I don´t need it for my profession.