Back to Age of Jefferson

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Age of Jefferson by University of Virginia

This course provides an overview of Thomas Jefferson's work and perspectives presented by the University of Virginia in partnership with Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello. Together, UVA and Monticello are recognized internationally as a UNESCO World Heritage Site....

HM

Jul 25, 2016

Fantastic course by Dr. Onuf! I learned much and he helped correct misconceptions I harbored regarding Thomas Jefferson. Great videos and selected readings. The quizzes were relatively challenging.

PL

Jul 30, 2020

Great lessons in the history of UVA and its architect/founder Thomas Jefferson. The professor was clearly excited about the subject matter and conveyed the history with enthusiasm and vigor.

26 - 50 of 119 Reviews for Age of Jefferson

By Cheryl L D

Oct 11, 2015

As a former student of UVA, it was wonderful to see the place again, listen to some of the stories we heard around "grounds" -- no campus here -- back when I was a teenager. I have followed Jefferson's life story, but Professor Onuf still manages to tell me some things I didn't know. Well researched lectures.

By Dennis F S

Dec 08, 2016

Exciting presentation. Excellent portrial of the periodic changes in thinking of TJ with his rise, fall and revival. While a conroversial thinker he truly was a renaissance men that will inspire future generations. America would not be exceptional, nor even a free country, empowed by the people.

By joann w

Apr 17, 2020

Excellent and balanced presentations on Thomas Jefferson and his legacy. Jefferson would be proud that we were engaged in civic education in Prof Onuf’s class. Course was well organized. Tours of the University of Virginia and it’s relationship to Jeffersonian ideas was a plus.

By Lisa P

Apr 09, 2020

A long time Jefferson enthusiast, I am grateful for this presentation of Jefferson's holistic ideas about natural rights and human nature and their application to politics and government. Mr. Onuf's perspective about Jefferson and education was especially compelling.

By Corinne S

Mar 27, 2016

Really interesting to get such a deep perspective on Jefferson. I had very little interest in him, even growing up in his home state of Virginia, but now I can't wait to learn more. This is a great course worth a fantastic instructor. Highly recommended!

By Amanda

Aug 27, 2017

Absolutely LOVED this class. Professor Onuf is passionate, realistic and on the money in terms of explaining to the masses who Jefferson was and what shaped his thought process through and post-revolution. HIGHLY enjoyed this class

By Kelly

Nov 28, 2015

Exceptional course! I would have enjoyed several more weeks. Dr. Onuf's style and methods in presenting the material made it possible to understand Jefferson in a way I have not understood him before. Wonderful teacher. Thank you.

By Laura H

Jul 10, 2020

I thought this was a very good overview of Jefferson. Supplemented by any of the numerous scholarly volumes on Jefferson's life, one might get a real sense of the character of the man within the context of his times.

By j. s

Nov 02, 2019

I knew little of Jefferson and his role in the founding of this country and the principles he set forth.

This was an excellent course that I would recommend to anyone.

The tours of the campus were a nice interjection.

By racheal h

Mar 04, 2019

This course helped me understand a man much admired for his vision and how he put it to work for America , with Democracy and Love . It goes along well with "The Written Constitution" Course that I took as well.

By Billie J

Sep 04, 2017

Great Course! Not being from here, this course helped me understand some fundamental differences between Canadian and American history; and the obvious differences in our cultures today.

By Doug F

Feb 11, 2018

I enjoyed the course. Jefferson was a true revolutionary; this course details his leadership in bringing about many of the liberties we take for granted today.

By Hans G

Mar 25, 2016

I take my hat off for the passionate professor Onuf. It was a big pleasure to attend his lectures. They deepened my understanding of the American Revolution.

By Robert W

As a lover of history , especially the revolutionary period and an admirer of Thomas Jefferson I thought this class was excellence and informative.

By Dutch M G

Apr 13, 2020

Excellent course. Very informative. Professor Onuf was an excellent, well informed ,and passionate teacher. Enjoyed his course immensely

By Nancy W O

Nov 01, 2019

I enjoyed this course very much. I wanted to learn more about Jefferson and how his beliefs relate to and influence today's democracy.

By Jonathan M M

Jun 02, 2020

Great class! Professor Onuf does an outstanding job of bringing the subject matter to life. Thomas Jefferson would be proud.

By Maxwell D

Sep 02, 2017

Good course with vital information about Mr. Jefferson. Lectures were well done and helped that they were split up at times.

By Michael A

Sep 05, 2017

Nice dive into some of Thomas Jefferson's life and writings. Well put together between the texts to read and the lectures.

By Tom H

Jan 18, 2016

I found the course interesting and very stimulating. It allowed insight into a very interesting period in world history.

By Marco V

Oct 06, 2015

Un gran curso y excelente recorrido por una de las épocas de esplendor de la nación más influyente de nuestros tiempos.

By Charles H

Jul 05, 2017

Professor Peter S. Onuf never deliver his course with a text, but he did with passion. Thank you sir for your guidance

By IRSHADA P

Jul 06, 2020

Very well taught and was so happy to be part of this course. Thanks to Mr. Onuf. and University of Virginia.

By Grace S

Sep 25, 2016

Excellent course! I learned so much about Jefferson, and I appreciate Dr. Onuf's expertise on the subject.

By Trần H C

Jun 12, 2017

Professor Onuf is an incredibly passionate and demonstrative leader: a perfect choice for this course.