Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM
Sep 28, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

301 - 325 of 1,989 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Sawal M

Apr 18, 2017

Great course! The programming assignments are very helpful in understanding the topics in the course. It would be better if the threshold to pass the assignment is increased to 50% or more.

By Vidhan G

Sep 27, 2020

It was a course worth spending my time for..The assignments were of very good quality and the topics were taught very well , also the teaching staff of this course were very well informed.

By Balaji R

Jul 3, 2020

This course was really helpful, I have learnt more from this course than I have from my college. The only problem I had was that I found it hard to understand one of the professors accent.

By Priyesh P

Apr 11, 2019

I had a very good experience doing this course. I have refined my algorithmic skills with this course and can apply the concepts really well at competitive programming. Thanks to coursera!

By Jasmine N

Aug 7, 2016

I thought this was really helpful for my day to day career as a developer. It helped give me better tools to talk about what I am working on as well as introducing me to some new concepts.

By Danstan O O

May 13, 2019

This course is great and has helped me get started well with algorithms. Thanks, Coursera, and the partners. Learning with implementation examples in different languages is really great.

By Nishant J

Sep 10, 2020

This is an excellent course as it forces you to think. It took me over two months to complete and at times it felt really hard but now that I have finished it, I am really glad I did.

By Nishit P

May 8, 2020

It is an absolutely best guide for the intermediate learners trying to gain a sharper knowledge on algorithms and techniques which they know about but find it difficult to understand!

By Prashant S

Oct 26, 2017

Very well organised series and all problems are explained with the help of good examples, you need basic programming understanding of functions and arrays to go through these lecture.

By GUNTUR K J

Jul 2, 2020

this course has made me speed up my algorithms of my programs and the puzzles provided before a particular topic are so good that we can understand how we should approach a problem.

By Rishabh A

Apr 11, 2020

The course is really good and provides a good understanding. Just the assignments provided are too tough which I a good thing but there is no proper information on how to solve them.

By Sam D

Aug 3, 2017

I really enjoy this course, and I can definitely say that this specialization is perfect for those who would like to learn programming from the base and use it in different languages

By Hemanth K B

Aug 3, 2016

I have solved more problems in this course compared to any other courses. This course has laid foundation to solve more problems in Dynamic Programming. Thank you to the entire team.

By pratik r

Sep 11, 2017

every important concept are cleared in this course.This course gives you idea to how to take right approach by giving tools like greedy algo, divide & conquer and dynamic approach.

By Himanshu y

Jan 1, 2020

coursera is really a best platform to learn the new skills . this course will definitely helped me a lot for getting my new job. fresher's like me are really thankful to coursera.

By Nguyen M H

Oct 22, 2018

I am embedded software engineer, I want to learn more about computer science. This course give me usefull techniques to solve problem. Thanks instructor for well lecture and slide

By philip g

Apr 20, 2017

Awesome course. Great exercises (although can be frustratingly challenging at times!) Divide and conquer and dynamic programming new to me, have learned a lot. Highly recommended!

By Saruar M

Jan 14, 2019

Great course! explanations are good, problems are challenging enough to help truly understand the material. No nonsense. Highly recommend to who is beginning to learn algorithms.

By Patrick L

May 19, 2016

Love how clear the professors explain the not-so-straighforward context. I enjoyed every single moment. The assignments constitute the biggest part of understanding and learning.

By Akash C

Nov 3, 2020

Algorithms and Data Structures are very important for any coder. This course is the best course with challenging problems you can find on the internet. It's totally worth doing.

By Henry H

Jun 29, 2020

The course provided me with a very solid foundation of algorithms and provided an excellent array of homework challenges. Every intermediate programmer should take this course.

By Khai P T

Dec 2, 2018

The course is fundamentally useful, this helped me out a lot to discover my enthusiasm since my background is non-IT. I'm on the way to the second course in this specialization!

By Jack W

Jul 25, 2017

Really good comprehensive overview of fundamental algorithmic techniques. The programming assignments are challenging at times, but the forums are super helpful for discussions.

By Hemant s

Unbelievable skills , knowledge I got from this platform thanks Coursera for providing me this such a great opportunity to learn from practitioner's thanks a lot I'm very happy

By Olesch A D

Jun 10, 2018

The course instructors were very enthusiastic which definitely increased the excitement of learning. Assignments are challenging in the later weeks which is a huge plus point.