Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second). Do you have technical problems? Write to us: coursera@hse.ru...

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

351 - 375 of 1,055 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Patrick L

May 19, 2016

Love how clear the professors explain the not-so-straighforward context. I enjoyed every single moment. The assignments constitute the biggest part of understanding and learning.

By Zhao Y

Jan 15, 2018

very useful class, a little hard, but it's worth to take this class!

By Light0617

Feb 10, 2017

wonderful!!!

cool coding problems

By srivardhan

Mar 14, 2017

I really appreciate the way course contents are selected in each course of the specialization , It really gives a great conceptual clarity of all the topics .

I find a bit difficulty in understanding Big O notation so please try to give some more reference to understand it and also provide some general techniques to calculate it from just looking at code.

By Bhuwan P U

Mar 16, 2016

Good Course

By Isaac C S

May 02, 2018

Amazing and well explained Course, Taught me so much!

By eman g

May 18, 2016

Excellent course

By Nguyen V N M

Mar 03, 2017

The content of the course is so good. However, I think the lecturers can do better job if the have more visualisation for what they are saying. A lot of time, I felt that I couldn't follow what they was saying and then, I have to pause the video and look at the pseudo code, it much easier to understand. Btw, thanks a lot for providing such an awesome course.

By Mikhail K

Feb 26, 2017

Awesome course with very interesting practical exercises.

By Sergei F

Mar 05, 2017

A very nice introduction to solving algorithmic problems in general. Liked the fact that testing techniques are emphasized so much.

By MD A H Z

Mar 16, 2018

This is a great and very helpful course to learn algorithm. The course materials are very clear and easy to learn.

By Fangda C

Jun 21, 2016

I like it very very much. I would like to recommend this course to all of my friends.

By عبدالحميد ع ع

Sep 09, 2017

It is a wonderful but i recommend some examples on slides on python or c++ to clarify the concepts

By Kirill Z

Sep 18, 2016

very cool

By Gautham K G

Jan 01, 2017

Awesome! :D

By Amr A A R A

Dec 25, 2017

Best decently passed and well up to date algorithm course out there

By Weiqi Y

Dec 22, 2017

Challenging and useful

By Nurul C

Sep 28, 2017

Thanks to all professors for this awesome and valuable course,materials and assignments.

By Vitaly P

Aug 11, 2016

Great course! Thanks to the instructors!

By Nickolay M

Aug 07, 2016

Amazing course about algorithms. Complex things described by common words.

By Praveen S

Feb 24, 2017

The best course for learning coding.

By Kamlakar P

Mar 01, 2016

Excellent course!! Thanks a lot!!