Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second). Do you have technical problems? Write to us: coursera@hse.ru...

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MB

Mar 06, 2018

Cool course. Thank you! One suggestion about your book (Learning Algorithms Through Programming and Puzzle Solving): could you add some theory which would serve as a brief reminder before problems?

126 - 150 of 1,052 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Andriy A

Jan 12, 2019

A great course for start learning algorithms!

By Vivek K C

Jan 14, 2019

A must have course for any beginner. It teaches every basic building block of programming to solve complex problems. One of the best things I have learnt is stress testing and I cannot even explain how many time it saved my day.

By Jun Y

Jan 14, 2019

Very Helpful!

By Saruar M

Jan 15, 2019

Great course! explanations are good, problems are challenging enough to help truly understand the material. No nonsense. Highly recommend to who is beginning to learn algorithms.

By Alex B

Jan 15, 2019

Great introduction to algorithms

By G M

Dec 02, 2018

Good course to boost up your algorithm skills

By Khai T

Dec 02, 2018

The course is fundamentally useful, this helped me out a lot to discover my enthusiasm since my background is non-IT. I'm on the way to the second course in this specialization!

By Hamdy E

Nov 15, 2018

i Really learned A lot from The Course Helped Me , to look into problems from Different ways and how to logically think of a faster algorithm to solve the problem

By SAI P

Nov 16, 2018

I loved this course because overall the course content was good.Since grader output was not giving much clues on the failure helped me lot in stress testing the code my myself. Lot of clues in the discussion forum.

By SiYingYao

Mar 21, 2019

Wonderful class!

By Dylan T K

Jul 30, 2018

A very helpful refresher course.

By Andrew F

Jul 30, 2018

Fantastic course! Really interesting and challenging!

By Wonjin K

Aug 01, 2018

I graduated from electrical engineering, so, even though I am programming on a daily basis, I always wanted to learn about data structures and algorithms in more detail. This lecture gave me a good insight about algorithms. Very helpful!

By ke x

Jul 28, 2018

very educational and pratical

By Kovid R P

Aug 06, 2018

Hope to have great experience with this course. Thank You!

By Sidharth S

Aug 03, 2018

Great material ! Challenging problems ! Gave me the confidence of solving hard problems

By Dev J

Aug 08, 2018

Very good course.

By Tang A B

Aug 07, 2018

Learnt a lot! Particularly enjoyed Alexander's lectures.

By Леонтьев Д Е

Aug 13, 2018

Interesting and challenging problems, I was happy going through this course.

By Daya_Jin

Aug 12, 2018

非常棒的基础课程

By Akhil S

Jul 19, 2018

Excellent course , helped a lot to learn and explore new ideas and algorithms.

Thank-You Algorithmic Toolbox

By Saurav k

Jul 18, 2018

best course

By Yiğit A T

Jul 19, 2018

Great course covering on material needed to analyse and come up with algorithms. I already took a course about Algorithms in my Universtiy but this one helped me refresh the knowledge and add up more in-depth understanding on the topic on top of my previous knowledge. I am really grateful to have come across this course. Thank you very much!

By Chin J C

Jul 21, 2018

The course is wonderful and challenging! But the learning experience gets extremely frustrating when the grader does not give you the test cases.

By Ayush S

Jul 22, 2018

The greatness of this course can be judged by the kind of programming assignments given at the end which actually test the learners. Highly recommend this course for people who are totally new to algorithms and want to kickstart their coding venture.