Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA

Sep 17, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT

Apr 10, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

176 - 200 of 728 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By Daniel M

Jul 04, 2017

A great course providing an overview of the foundational elements of the American Legal system. I would highly recommend to anyone considering law school.

By Francesco M M

Dec 11, 2016

Great course, very interesting and well made and organized. Very clear explications and classes and passionate professors. I really advice it. Thank you.

By German S T

May 02, 2016

This course is Phenomenal. It's a simple introduction to US Law that previews each subject in a clear and concise manner. I highly recommend this course.

By Amira I

Nov 01, 2019

Very engaging, challenges a broad set of skills, definitely the right place to start when learning about American Law or Law in general. 100% recommend.

By diana s

Aug 24, 2020

the class was challenging yet very interesting. the class materials were informative and

the videos where explanatory.

I highly recommend this course.

By Huzaifa B

Nov 04, 2017

Learning the American Law sitting in the comfort of my home. Being a student of International Relations its something great for expanding my knowledge.

By Lena Z

Apr 02, 2017

1. Very clear and helpful, easy to understand.

2. Have a better and further understanding of law principles.

3. Cases cited are vivid and interesting.

By Muhammad N K

This course is very informative. I have learnt so many new things about American Law. I think the syllabus of this course is appropriate and updated.

By Elena M

Feb 01, 2018

Very interesting content, and easy to follow curriculum. I love the video questions and the quizzes are easy to understand. Definitely worth 5 stars!

By Leonardo S M U

Jan 10, 2016

Ótimo curso. Além de aprender o básico sobre o Direito nos Estados Unidos, serve como uma forma de aumentar o vocabulário jurídico na língua inglesa.

By Kalinin I

May 15, 2017

It was very interesting and help me more understand American Law system. But I feel I need this course one more time for clean understanding, Thanks

By Abel Q G

Nov 08, 2015

Excellent Course. Useful for anyone who wants to learn basic principles/doctrines in the American Common Law. Good for foreign law students as well.

By Praveen H

Jun 19, 2016

Although introductory, it gives enough background into the different areas of law and the distinctiveness of unique to America. Highly recommended!

By Quentin A

Dec 25, 2019

Extremely informative introduction into various concentrations of law. Helped me become more confident on how to think and process these lessons.

By Murtazaev S N

Mar 06, 2020

this course tought me basic knoledge about American law. I appriciated to all instructors for the reason thar they are high qualified spealists.

By Edward S

Jul 27, 2019

I really enjoyed all of this course. It was reasonably easy to follow along with the lecturers. The quizzes helped reinforce what I had learned.

By Valerie R

Aug 30, 2016

this class is very fun and informative. It is not too har nor too easy. I reccomend it to anyone who wants an introductory class in American Law

By Amelie K

Sep 17, 2020

The professors were great at explaining and very engaging, I looked forward to watching the videos and took notes from the supplemental reading

By Mattina E

Aug 06, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. The instructors were able to explain things in simple terms that were easy to understand. I appreciated that.

By Neil C

Aug 05, 2019

VERY GOOD CLEAR INTRODUCTION TO AMERICAN LAW. PROVIDES MOTIVATION TO CONTINUE TO UNDERSTAND IN DETAIL THE DIFFERENCE BRANCHES OF AMERICAN LAW.

By Ahmed E

Apr 14, 2019

Thank you so much for this introduction, as a student of law, interested in in the American law, I find this course enjoyable and very helpful.

By Andrea K

Jul 17, 2020

Absolutely loved these courses. It taught me so many new things about law and the quizes are phenomenal. I am thankful to have this knowledge.

By Daniel M

Mar 12, 2019

An excellent introductory course to American Law and how it differs from other legal systems around the world, particularly Civil Law systems.

By Tonya S W

Dec 26, 2019

December 25, 2019

I enjoyed the law course and learned a great deal of material in a short time period. Thank you Miss Tonya S Williams MSCC-T

By Laure C

Feb 01, 2016

This is a great introduction to American Law. As a foreign lawyer, I found it both entertaining and instructive. The lecturers are excellent.