Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA
Sep 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT
Apr 9, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

276 - 300 of 841 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By Donrit T

Sep 28, 2020

This is a great course for international lawyers. but I recommend that this course should have adminstrative law chapter.

By Andrés A C

Apr 19, 2020

Excelente curso para abogados que no son de USA. El curso te da una pincelada de conocimiento sobre el derecho Americano.

By Yu C W

Sep 25, 2018

Perfect course for any starters in American Law, the content was simple to understand yet covered most basic information.

By David A

Jan 29, 2018

Really good introductory summary, really enjoyed it. There should be a more substantive course to go along with this one.

By Yang F

Aug 27, 2017

Short and sweet. Concise and good reference to dummies who want to have a cursory understanding of American legal system.

By Amy

May 4, 2017

A very enjoyable and informative course on American law. It covers basic key concepts in an interesting and engaging way.

By miguel.galindo.vega@hotmail.com

Mar 10, 2017

This course provides a broad and interesting first approach to the American Legal System. I would certainly recommend it.

By Yalchin B

Mar 2, 2016

The course has been very interesting, the lecturers succeeded in presenting complex concepts in a comprehensible fashion.

By Svitters

Apr 10, 2017

The course is very useful for my legal knowledge about American Law and for increase my English language skill. Thanks.

By Victor C

Dec 15, 2020

This course was excellent. I learned a lot. The lectures were easy to follow. I particularly liked the study material.

By Fran

Aug 7, 2016

This course is brilliantly presented, featuring great overviews and insights. Fits the 'introductory' bill perfectly.

By Dyachkov D

Feb 27, 2021

This is truly an introduction. The course provided enough information about basic terms and concepts of American Law.

By Paul G

Jun 12, 2020

I thought this course gave me a good grasp and understanding of how different types of law affect our everyday lives.

By Kojo D

Jan 13, 2018

The course content was excellent. In addition, the Professors are well-versed in their areas of expertise. Thank you.

By Shao S

Jan 19, 2016

Great course to have a grasp of some key American legal concepts as manifested in a handful of important legal areas.

By william w

Apr 13, 2021

give me a general understanding of American Law and its legal system. Encourage me to learn more about American law.

By Christina O

Jun 19, 2020

An efficient and enjoyable way to learn new material. I took it for fun and learned a lot through engaging lectures.

By Bharat A

Excellent Course to get the feel of US Law, which will help you understand certain actions taken by people at large.

By Susan F

Apr 9, 2020

Excellent course and very good tests. I didn't feel like the class was a marketing piece for the University at all.

By Germán E G

Aug 13, 2020

I´m a Lawyer in my country and the course provided me with a wide view of the differential concepts of American Law

By Ava A

Aug 8, 2020

Incredibly informative and includes plenty of real-world examples of how these principles of American Law are used.

By Roxalana J

Apr 6, 2020

It was a very efficient course, gave a great background for various subjects of law and was quite easy to complete.

By Thomas K

Sep 5, 2019

A refreshing and stimulating introductory glimpse into the legal system of the world's oldest continuous democracy!

By Maksim D

Nov 17, 2015

Very easy to follow and organized. Also a plus to have different instructors teaching their individual specialties.

By Serena F

Dec 7, 2020

Gives the student a good basic understanding on these important subjects. The instructions were clear and concise.