Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA
Sep 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT
Apr 9, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

326 - 350 of 787 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By Audry C D S W

Apr 23, 2016

A course for lawyers, students of Law, and anyone interested to learn how Justice works in America.

By Francisco R

Nov 7, 2020

Great teachers, great content, schedule flexibility. It was my first course and I do recommend it.

By Julia I

Jul 26, 2020

Super helpful and I learned a lot. I feel more confident in my understanding of my rights and law.

By Laura F

Jun 5, 2020

I found the course very interesting and each of the professors explained the material really well.

By Qi W

Jun 19, 2019

very enlightening and informative. give a very clear introductory speech to the key American laws.

By Максимов Д М

Jun 22, 2018

The best way to get acquainted with American Law and find spheres of interest for future education

By Alison L

Nov 25, 2016

It's really really interesting for someone who doesn't know a lot about law and even just for fun.

By Ekaterina L

Oct 14, 2016

The course absolutely justifies its name and give a common understanding about features of US law.

By Timothy B M

Very nice overview. Instructors were clear and concise. Heck even a doctor could understand it!

By Rufus D I

Jan 10, 2016

I just finished week 1's content and wow, I've already learned a wealth of important information.

By An T

Nov 16, 2020

Superb lecturers! I wish I could attend their live lectures, although I don't specialise in law.

By angela t

Sep 8, 2020

While only an introduction , it has captured the most essential features of all branches of law.

By Ruxandra N F V

May 9, 2020

This is an amazing course, it helped me developed new skills and knowledge regarding this field!

By Jose A M

Oct 15, 2019

Great! Direct, objective, didactic course! Everything I needed to start my studies in this area.

By tebatso d

Aug 11, 2020

Very intriguing and well taught. The material is presented in logical form and easy to digest.

By Elizabeth H

Aug 6, 2020

I liked learning about the different types of law. It was an interesting course.

Elizabeth Hien

By Shyam H

Jun 26, 2020

Fantastic introduction. Legal scholars of many different areas teach with ease and conviction.

By Roeldi H

May 17, 2019

As a student of Law in a civil law system I found this course very educative. Totally worthy.

By Fang R

Apr 2, 2016

A very interesting course that uses case studies to learn the basic knowledge of American Law.

By Lee X Y

Dec 20, 2016

Very easy to follow and even a high school student like me can grasp the concept taught well!

By D L Z

Mar 21, 2018

Wonderful course. Very useful. Concepts explained brilliantly by the instructors. Thank you!

By DANIELLE

Dec 14, 2019

This course provides an excellent, accessible overview of the fundamentals of American law.

By Paola M C

Aug 31, 2016

It is a useful overview of what American law is and how it works. Has a practical approach.

By 杭晓睿

Sep 7, 2020

The first course here at Coursera, Had a great time, teachers were great. Awesome overall.

By Susan H

Jul 6, 2017

The professors' lectures are very helpful to guide me through the maze of US legal system.