Back to Analyzing Company Performance using Ratios

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Analyzing Company Performance using Ratios by Coursera Project Network

4.4

In this 2-hour long project-based course, you will learn how to examine the company’s performance on a yearly basis, as well as against their peers. The learners will be able to analyze the company’s performance in terms of profitability, liquidity, activity, and solvency. The learners then will be able to communicate their findings. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We're currently working on providing the same experience in other regions. This course's content is not intended to be investment advice and does not constitute an offer to perform any operations in the regulated or unregulated financial market....

RA
Oct 1, 2020

thanks for the interesting materials and user friendly tool to achieve the certificate. I enjoyed the course and practiced very well.

RS
Feb 8, 2021

Really appreciated this guided project. I feel a lot more confident on ratio analysis and also on finding financial statements.

1 - 25 of 37 Reviews for Analyzing Company Performance using Ratios

By Ashwanth R

Could have been more user friendly and better explanation of terms and ratios, probably given in reading material.

By pranav M

Jun 28, 2020

Its not what you expect it to be

By Amy Y

This course is a plug-and-play of using ratios to analyze a company's performance via Google Sheet. Unfortunately there is not enough explanation on the various items that are in a financial statement, as it's assumed that learners already know these terms (e.g. equity vs. asset vs. liability). However, I do not believe those with knowledge of financial statements would need a basic introductory course on ratios in the first place (those could be found by doing a quick internet search). Regardless, it would have been helpful to at least include some information to guide those who don't really understand financial statements to internalize the learning and be able to apply them to a wide variety of settings.

With that said, the dual window functionality of the learning platform makes it easy to follow along with the instructor when completing the spreadsheet calculations.

By ANKIT K

Aug 11, 2020

I could not reschedule my deadlines, as a result of which I couldn't pursue the project. Also, cannot unenroll as well. What's the point in having a reset deadline button then?

By Soumya S

May 14, 2020

I couldn't access the rhyme tool.

By Ibrahima C

Jun 27, 2020

I.C

I have learned a lot skills to consider a career in Finance from this course I very much enjoyed! The instructor was good. I am grateful and really excited to have earned new skills. I love to learn! I will definitely recommend this course to my student friends. I hope to use my new acquired skills soon! COURSERA is one of the very best learning platforms I sincerely appreciate and humbly feel grateful for. As a student without income I hope I would expend my learning experience on COURSERA with free student account if possible! Thank you both (Coursera and the instructor) for this great course!

By Shilpy G

Jun 8, 2020

Thank you!! to the Mentor he explicited all the concept very well, I learnt tricky things while putting the formula

As while giving certification it was bolt from blue for me, that I didn't clear assessment, the assessment

was also wonderful wherein I was making a lot of mistake but finally crack it .

It was a great learning platform!!!! Thanks you Mentor Sir and Coursera.

I

By Henri R

Nov 4, 2020

A very good introduction course to analyzing and understanding a company's performance indicators! The lecturer uses VW and BMW finances for this course. I used two local construction publicly listed stock companies for the analysis, worked great. Many of the terms differed, but all in all I got more value out of this lesson using stocks I picked myself!

By Rashada A

Oct 2, 2020

By Rasmi S

Feb 9, 2021

By EKTA A

Aug 16, 2020

I enjoyed learning so much as i can practice it by myself, side by side. Excellent way of teaching.

By Martin V

Jun 11, 2020

It was really helpful for me, I got to learn something new and interesting.

By Dr.S.Kamalasaravanan

Jun 21, 2020

Its good opportunity for me strengthen my analytical skills in finance

By Abhishek S

Jun 19, 2020

Detailed explanation and wonderful way to practice hands on.

By Ashwani k

Jun 19, 2020

You Should allow to add % in the answer block on Quiz

By Christian J A S

Sep 30, 2020

Very Complete Course. Recommended

By Samrin S

Jun 9, 2020

Nice course in this current trend

By Medikurthi G

Excellent App to learn new things

By Prarit J