Back to Anatomy: Musculoskeletal and Integumentary Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Anatomy: Musculoskeletal and Integumentary Systems by University of Michigan

In this anatomy course, part of the Anatomy Specialization, you will learn how the components of the integumentary system help protect our body (epidermis, dermis, hair, nails, and glands), and how the musculoskeletal system (bones, joints, and skeletal muscles) protects and allows the body to move. You will engage with fascinating videos, lectures, and anatomical visual materials (illustrations and cadaveric images) to learn about these properties and functions....

Nov 2, 2020

I give you a give Star cause you are a great and good course and I have more information to know to this topic thank you so much and also thank you to a professor here thank you ma'am God bless

S
Jun 17, 2020

Professor Alsup is an amazing anatomy professor. She is charismatic and very knowledgable. Almost at no point at any time was my attention away from the content. Well done! Great job UMICH!

26 - 50 of 294 Reviews for Anatomy: Musculoskeletal and Integumentary Systems

Nov 4, 2019

goood

By Luann T

May 19, 2019

Super fast for a beginner, but plenty of information provided for an excellent overview. LOVED Kathleen Alsup!

By Celia P

Nov 14, 2019

I am a very visual learner and I had a lot of trouble following along with everything and accurately labeling. Especially during the bone section it would be better to have diagrams rather than pointing to a bone. All the diagrams used were from a real cadaver which was interesting to see however, since there were so many things it was hard to distinguish completely and it would have been perfect if there was also a drawn example to compare it too; it would also have helped for the students so they can easily draw it. Finally, every section was well organized but I think having the overall view and placement in the body would've helped to fully process all the information.

By Hnidenko A

So much pathological things, I think is not appropriate of normal anatomy course!

By Anna M

Oct 16, 2019

This course would benefit from a competent instructional design professional. Pedagogically, this is a course that simply lists anatomical parts. There is no synthesis of information which would help the student truly understand and retain knowledge of anatomy. The lectures often don't match the tests and are clearly not in the order they were made.

the visuals are not very helpful, since the cadaveric images lack detail and contrast to truly be educational.

The video lectures either should be done by professional actors or lecturers that are engaging and aware of camera angles (showing bones which are invisible at the given angle and then testing on it is poor pedagogical practice).

Overall, the information is presented in often too detailed or insufficiently detailed fashion, which leaves one with more questions than answers.

By Rami E O

Jul 12, 2020

The course is too general and by itself is insufficient to cover a solid anatomical basis.

By Samantha S

Apr 25, 2020

Incredibly informative. I'm a high school graduate with no further education on record beyond that and I found the layout of this course perfect for comprehension, as long as you're willing to put in the time and be at least a little dedicated. Definitely take this course if interested - having interest helps with comprehension and retention of the information. I also highly recommend the use of note-taking. Thoroughly enjoyed this, thank you :)

By Vitória B

Oct 27, 2020

This is an amazing course. For those who want to remember the most important anatomy structures of the body and the clinical considerations, this is THE course. Also, the Professor Alsup is an amazing professor, very knowledgable and makes you pay attention all the time in the video lessons. There are no deffects and this is by far one of the best courses I have taken in Coursera.

By Armando C

Apr 16, 2020

I thought this course was excellent. I'm a personal training and took this course with the goal of reinforcing and building upon my current knowledge of the musculoskeletal system. I loved the multi module and exam format. It really provided the structure needed to make daily progress. The video lectures were very well done by lecturer Kathleen Alsup. Highly recommend.

By Skylar K

Feb 16, 2020

I would definitely recommend this course to a friend interested in anatomy. I'm a High School freshman taking AP classes and in sports and I had time for this course, if you are worried about time consumption. This course was very informative! I suggest taking physical notes in a notebook or journal and drawing pictures with labels, they are good to look back on later.

By Afnan H

Jun 25, 2020

This course helped me to understand Anatomy more clearly. The study materials & specially the exams were truly so effective & helpful for me. I loved the way MS. Kathleen Alsup taught in the videos. Thank you so much Ma'm. Also I am very much thankful to University Of Michigan & Coursera for giving us this great opportunity to learn things more effectively.

By Sarah I

This is a very information and comprehensive course. The flow of the information was well presented and the visuals are very helpful. The lecturer was excellent in descriptions, I found her very easy to follow. I feel that I have a much better understanding of the skeletal, muscular, and integumentary systems following this course.

By Nina B H

Jan 24, 2020

Great overview course! Musculo-skeletal anatomy. as presented in my medical school, seemed somewhat daunting, but this course broke it down very well and offered wonderful clinical insights. Yes, there is more detail to cover for a more profound understanding, but this course really covers all the most important areas very well!

By Amanda R L

Aug 20, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to record and upload all of these lecture videos! I knew a little about anatomy before I started but I enjoyed going into so much detail and cannot wait to further my knowledge. For the first time in a long time, I actually liked doing my work and learning. Thank you.

By Agata Z

Mar 16, 2020

Absolutely fantastic instruction, even moron like me, was able to grasp that in couple of days!

I am sure that I will use that course resources over and over again, as the lecture is made for human, using the language accessible by everyone! Have no words to thank you!

By Keziah K M

Dec 22, 2019

Amazing explanations and correlations with everyday life that help in understanding the concepts a lot better. Also like the clinical consideration portion of the videos. thanks to the lecturers for taking the time to compose such well elaborated informative videos

By Rachel R

Jun 26, 2020

This was a great course! The instructional videos by the professor were perfect! They were, n average, pretty short and easy to comprehend and take notes on. The quizzes definitely helped me apply the information I learned from the instructional videos.

By Daryna T

May 6, 2020

This course is really good, for all those who would like to understand and know anatomy, and especially for those medical students, who would like to remind themselves all of the main concepts and refresh their knowledge on the subject.

By Maria L

Aug 23, 2020

5 stars Course, Kathleen is a great teacher, the production quality of the course is amazing in terms of image, audio, materials, it really makes you feel connected and engaged as if you were in a classroom. I learned a lot, Thank you.