Back to Front-End JavaScript Frameworks: Angular

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Front-End JavaScript Frameworks: Angular by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course concentrates mainly on Javascript based front-end frameworks, and in particular the Angular framework (Currently Ver. 6.x). This course will use Typescript for developing Angular application. Typescript features will be introduced in the context of Angular as part of the exercises. You will also get an introduction to the use of Angular Material and Angular Flex-Layout for responsive UI design. You will be introduced to various aspects of Angular including components, directives and services. You will learn about data binding, Angular router and its use for developing single-page applications. You will also learn about designing both template-driven forms and reactive forms. A quick introduction to Observables, reactive programming and RxJS in the context of Angular is included. You will then learn about Angular support for client-server communication through the HTTP client and the use of REST API on the server side. A quick tour through Angular animation support and Angular testing rounds off the course. You must have either completed the previous course in the specialization on Bootstrap 4, or have a working knowledge of front end web-UI frameworks to be able to navigate this course. Also a good working knowledge of JavaScript, especially ES 5 is strongly recommended. At the end of this course you will: - Be familiar with client-side Javascript frameworks and the Angular framework - Be able to implement single page applications in Angular - Be able to use various Angular features including directives, components and services - Be able to implement a functional front-end web application using Angular - Be able to use Angular Material and Angular Flex-Layout for designing responsive Angular applications - Be able to use Observables and RxJS in the context of Angular applications...

SD
Jun 13, 2020

Overall it is a great course.It would be appreciated if the mistakes in the instructions are rectified and the syntax which are outdated are updated in instructions which are provided with the course.

MW

The instructor was knowledgeable, patiently explained all aspects of the lectures and assignments, and provided useful exercises to acquire the skills of Angular framework. I even liked the dad jokes!

501 - 525 of 596 Reviews for Front-End JavaScript Frameworks: Angular

Jan 9, 2020

G

By Pablo A

Oct 18, 2018

I am updating to four stars because professor Muppala did finally respond and all the confusion has been cleared up and I am able to continue the course. Professor Muppala is really good and I do recommend his courses.

I will keep the previous review below because I think that it is important for students to know that they should not expect immediate attention to their issues and that a week may go by without any answers.

------------------ previous review --------------

I am sorry to say because I like Professor's Muppala's teaching style but this course is not ready for prime-time. I have done other angular courses in coursetro and they flow. I don't know what happened with this course but all the directions and fixes to the directions were breaking the code and prevented me and many others from continuing the course. The forum, you ask? It looks like frozen in time for 2 weeks. I probably asked more than 5 questions, none replied to, despite the level of confusion created by Professor Muppala's directions.

I was looking forward to taking this course and finally learn Angular. But it wasn't meant to be. Now I feel stuck in this specialization. I never write reviews, but since customer service is impossible to connect with, the professor is MIA and there is just absolutely no help whatsoever, I am hoping that with this somebody would reach out and help me get through this course. I really want to finish it.

Frustrated I pray to the coursera god's to look into this matter and resolve it because it's a great way to lose business fast.

By Todd R

Jun 27, 2021

T​he course was a few years old, so there were some issues, but I learned quite a bit. I am not sure why is is valuable to learn to use the json-server though. I own a website using node. I don't think a json-server would work on it , so I have to continue with the database part. I certainly wrote some additional code for a project i am working on using angular. I have a project in mind using angular as soon as I learn to use databases.

By Jeremy A L

Jul 20, 2017

reasonable course, could be more explicit on the types of design patterns that are being used. There as some explanation; however for users to be able to complete exercise 4 'advanced' knowledge would be necessary for easy and successful completion, as well as an understanding of the key lessons presented.

By Asaad K

Jun 25, 2020

Jogesh Muppala is an excellent instructor! He explains very well the concepts of the framework (Angular) which let the student understand the topic in the right way.

Some topics are missed of angular like security and routing is not completed completely, Overall course was good with excellent instructor.

By Raul S H

Jun 15, 2020

Es un curso duro, bien explicado. Merece la pena. El único inconveniente es que quizás esté un poco desactualizado ya que en algún momento del curso se habla de Angular 4. Aún así, para comenzar a introducirse en este mundo creo que es muy interesante.

Jul 18, 2020

The structure of course design is really good. Even the instructor shows his enthusiasm towards the course which will makes us to get along with course without any problem. The assignment are good enough to test our knowledge in the course.

By Anshita S B

Jun 27, 2019

The course is good and deep. A lot of topics are covered and well explained. Although I just find angular to be a bit difficult language and hence I had to see the videos again and again to get a better understanding.

By Amel T

The course is interesting and gives a good overview of Angular. I liked especially that we work on a project which is very motivating. I hope the course will be updated to the recent version of Angular.

By Jose A R M

Nov 7, 2018

Very good course, the teacher update the videos to a recent version of angular, that's appreciated, i think we could see more topics but the most important things of angular are included here, good job.

By Kwan S M

Jun 8, 2020

The course is very good. The instructor explains the concept of Angular clearly. The exercises are very helpful to our learning. However, the material are quite outdated and needs to update.

By Alok R

Feb 2, 2020

Course content was well designed but I personally felt that it is not for the absolute beginners. I got to know about architecture and design pattern of angular Thanks for this great course..

By Alexandre G F

Mar 23, 2018

A complete course, plenty of good exercises to get the required skills.

I give 4/5 stars to encourage to improve some details looking for a curated content.

Thanks Professor J. Muppala.

By Dinh C T

Sep 26, 2020

The course guides you through building a SPA application from the scratch, with quite comprehensive features of angular, lib, framework introduced and applied. Recommended course

By Robert B

Great course and very useful.

I would give 5 stars if the testing part was included as mandatory and in the assignment. It is an important part to educate quality developers.

By Robin W

Oct 12, 2017

A great introduction to Angular. Really enjoyed the course. Only giving it 4 stars, not because the course wasn't great, but because there is always room for improvement.

By Ajay P

Jul 13, 2020

the concepts are very well explained except course content need to be updated to support newer versions as there are some breaking changes in the code.

By Sebastian C P

Aug 9, 2018

Excellent course. I would've liked that the the videos were up to date with the content of the instructions, but it was an amazing course nonetheless.

By Geet S

Dec 30, 2018

You should also teach how you can use bootstrap in angular applications. Except that this course helped me a lot in gaining knowledge about Angular .

By Lars Q

Jun 8, 2021

All in all a pretty good overview of angular. Some of the techniques are outdated and changed in newer versions, but that can be fixed easily.

By Terrence J

Feb 10, 2020

The course gives you a very good understanding of Angular and the teaching is sufficient enough to make you understand the concepts well.

By Victor W

Mar 11, 2019

very informative course in general! it would be better if the instructor could explain well the purpose of each part of the code is for.

By Jan O E

Jul 28, 2020

Der Kurs ist wirklich gut gemacht, es kommt zwischendurch jedoch zu Problemen die man mit HIlfe der Foren jedoch meist lösen kann.