Back to Application Systems Programming

Application Systems Programming, Unity

About this Course

Welcome to Application Systems Programming, the second course in the Unity Certified Programmer Specialization from Unity Technologies. This course will help you prepare for the Unity Certified Programmer exam, the professional certification for entry to mid-level Unity programmers. Unity is used to create real-time 3D applications for many industries, including video games, automotive, film, training, and more. In this course, you will be challenged to solve realistic Unity programming problems that are aligned to topics covered on the exam. Throughout the second course, you will expand upon the development of a 2D action video game that was started in the first course: AsteraX. In doing so, you will practice many of the skills covered in the exam, including adding particles effects, implementing user customizations, managing user and application data, and optimizing for different platforms. This is an intermediate course, intended for people who are ready for their first paying roles as Unity programmers, or enthusiasts who would like to verify their skills against a professional standard. To succeed, you should have at least 1-2 years of experience programming interactive applications in Unity. You should be proficient at programming in the C# language and familiar with Unity's scripting APIs. You should have experience in the full product development lifecycle, from concept to launch (and beyond). And you should understand multi-platform development, including deploying applications to XR (AR and VR) platforms....

By TH

Dec 03, 2018

Greate course! Particle systems and Event Triggers main highlights for me.

By AE

Jan 19, 2019

Adds a lot more topics to be reviewed for the exam.

5 Reviews

By Cezary Janiak

Jan 19, 2019

After completing first part of this game I thought: okay it was easy, ergo it also will be easy. And sometimes it was, but for many hours I struggled with some little features because of unknown functions in Unity. Sometimes it was very hard for me and I was about to quit. I did not and know I am better programmer and having more patience with these systems. This course was great, I have learned a lot. If You are interested, it is quite nice for beginners (like me :) ) and mids.

Thanks to Coursera too for having chance to get this course without payment as a student!

By Ahmed Mahmoud Elwardy

Jan 19, 2019

Adds a lot more topics to be reviewed for the exam.

By Jorge O'Neill

Dec 20, 2018

Now that I took the Unity Certification Exam, I can say that the questions provided throughout this course ad infinitely easier than the questions on the exam, which led me to expect a much easier exam than it really was and cosequentelly taking it without being well prepared for it (which was supposed to be the objective of this preparation course).

If the questions were ill suited for the purpose, the lessons provided were really even worse, I think I had lost more time trying to replicate what the instructor wanted, but really leaned very little by doing so!

I'm sorry but I couldn't recommend this course to anyone. Since there are such good tutorial material online, it is a shame that paid course, sponsored by unity, is in many ways inferior.

Very disappointed, despite having had 98.5%, 100%, 100% and 100% as my Coursera courseware grade!

By David Hunter

Dec 11, 2018

Highly recommended! The material is well-designed and presented, making it easy to understand what you have to do at each step. A great course to take for those who want to fill in gaps in their Unity know-how before taking the actual exam.

By Terrence Harry

Dec 03, 2018

Greate course! Particle systems and Event Triggers main highlights for me.