Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

YS

Jul 10, 2019

This course is instructive and challenging at the same time. Now I do wish I know a bit more about python and pandas before I jump in this course. But in the end I managed to get through.

126 - 150 of 203 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Jonathan J W

Sep 01, 2019

Good examples, very practical. Also, good capstone project, well structured with the sections very close to the real world data science analytic report.

By Neha T

Sep 21, 2019

The experience was fabulous!! Learnt many concepts, particularly web scraping using Beautifulsoup.

By Heminkumar B M

Sep 03, 2019

Good way of learn.

By Vivek K

Nov 02, 2019

I Appreciate IBM to Provide me such a Platform. Awesome experience and learnt a lot of things. Thank you once again!!

By Mohsin S

Sep 22, 2019

This is a short and sweet course but you get real challenge on this one.

By Arnab K C

Nov 04, 2019

great.

By Jason J D

Sep 27, 2019

Good course! The capstone project helped me strengthen the skills that I learnt throughout this specialization.

By Shashank R

Sep 06, 2019

Great

By Filipe S M G

Sep 05, 2019

This is the most difficult and time consuming part of the specialization. However, it gives a feeling that we are working in something meaningful, in a realistic application.

By Phan Q

Oct 02, 2019

The process helps me a lot not only in writing python code, but also create stories through report and presentation.

By Harsh S

Oct 02, 2019

Very Nice Platform to learn and explore more as a Data Scientist.

By Muhammad T A

Sep 30, 2019

By Noor S

Oct 04, 2019

Great way to get hands-on experience leveraging various skills learnt throughout the course

By Vivekanand P

Oct 04, 2019

Assignment was really good

By Hari K G

Sep 12, 2019

This is wonderful platform for enthusiastic Data Scientists aspirants to learn sophisticated empirical analysis to understand and make predictions about complex systems. Demonstrated methods and tooling from probability and statistics, mathematics, and computer science and primarily focus on extracting insights from data.

ThankYou

Sep 11, 2019

It was worth it!

By Phạm T S

Sep 11, 2019

This is the hardest course when getting the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate

By Francisco J A L

Oct 07, 2019

Hard but good course! I like it

By R A N

Oct 08, 2019

I feel very challenging and very encouraged for this course

Thanks to IBM team for this course.

By Diego S

Oct 09, 2019

Awesome!!

By Alfonso P

Oct 09, 2019

Excellent, Course that completes the vision and application of Data Science

By Michelle J S

Sep 25, 2019

Intense project. Helped me gather all the skills I learned in the courses to create a project I had genuine interest in researching.

By Israel S S

Sep 25, 2019

This course was especially demanding, but demonstrating what has been learned throughout the 9 modules is an excellent way to close this certification

By Manea S I