Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with real datasets. You will assume the role of a Data Scientist working for a startup intending to compete with SpaceX, and in the process follow the Data Science methodology involving data collection, data wrangling, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, model development, model evaluation, and reporting your results to stakeholders. You are tasked with predicting if the first stage of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will land successfully. SpaceX advertises Falcon 9 rocket launches on its website, with a cost of 62 million dollars; other providers cost upward of 165 million dollars each, much of the savings is because SpaceX can reuse the first stage. Therefore if you can accurately predict the likelihood of the first stage rocket landing successfully, you can determine the cost of a launch. With the help of your Data Science findings and models, the competing startup you have been hired by can make more informed bids against SpaceX for a rocket launch. This course is the final course in the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate as well as the Applied Data Science with Python Specialization. It is expected that you have completed all of the prior courses in the specialization/certificate before starting this one, as it requires the application of the knowledge and skills taught in those courses. In this course, there will not be too much new learning, and instead, the focus will be on hands-on work to demonstrate what you have learned in the previous courses. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

626 - 650 of 758 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Giselle

Oct 10, 2020

The capstone project was difficult. I struggled to incorporate the concepts I learned throughout this training in the final project, however I don't have any statistics background .

By Mustafa A

Jul 5, 2019

The capstone project was not very identical to what is covered in the course. We are briefly taught Foliujm Library but at the end, it was our final project. This was a minus point.

By Nishant V

Apr 8, 2019

Overall this is a tough course, since it mainly involves building your own project with your idea and using the tools,technologies which we have learnt in previous courses.

By Sudarshan

Oct 4, 2020

Nice course. Gave me good understanding and insight of how Python can be used in Data Science and what are different solutions and approaches currently in use in industry.

By Joe A

Oct 3, 2020

I learn't a lot from this course. reinforced and needed to apply whatever I learn't in previous courses. Had to work on Python coding, pandas, Folium, Foursquare, etc.

By Petter W

Apr 13, 2020

Great course and project, I would have liked to get a bit more freedom in what API to use. But great to have a bigger project to work on as you learn most from that.

By Christian M N

Mar 17, 2020

Cours vraiment, permet à l'étudiant d'être dans une situation réelle et met l'accent sur la compréhension même des différentes tâche à travers le rapport à fournir.

By Nathalia P

Sep 5, 2020

The course has to be revised, it has a lot of notebook problems. The content is very good, but it was exhausting to make the activities and to finish it.

By Thomas M

Sep 9, 2021

Interesting course but too lengthy videos for my taste. I would have preferred a more text-based style, but this is just my personal preference.

By Parth G

Overall, a good beginner's level project course. But, it will require a lot of input from the student side, which is necessary for one's growth.

By Ramsrinivas A

Jan 29, 2020

It is excellent, especially getting to know about foursquare ApI is exciting. But still some part of the codes can be explained from the scratch

By Sylvian

Aug 21, 2020

Some courses where not as good as others, but the value you get with the lab, provided you keep them and understand them, are of great value.

By Baptiste M

Nov 27, 2019

Solid finisher with enough freedom and constraints to give a framework for notation yet remaining interesting while preventing to drift away.

By Peter D

Feb 17, 2020

The course is absolutely a good one for beginners, a category which i fall into. I am sure it will help me in my career as a data scientist.

By Jianxu S

Sep 21, 2019

An excellent course to learn how to use location data in data science. The last couple of sections can be long hours but worth the effort.

By Jonah V J

Apr 9, 2020

This course is an eye opener for me. It has open another chapter in my career develoment. Am greatly greatful to all my instructors

By Pothakamuri S S

Sep 27, 2020

Great course to start your data science proficiency. Courses are brilliantly organised and notebooks were of great experience.

By J K

Jul 1, 2019

awesome project, but report writing and report preparing is very tough task, youngsters don't like time waste on report

By Liam M

Mar 11, 2019

A good finish to the course, but a bit too much work. This final project + report + presentation seemed a bit excessive

By Phuong A V

Apr 23, 2020

Challenging but interesting course. It help me to review everything I have learned and apply it in my real problem.

By Frederico G F J

Aug 13, 2020

Some topics repeat from module to module. The exercises seemed to advanced for the knowledge taught in the videos.

By Cebe C

Mar 12, 2020

THough the capstone was very useful, my project was not accurate enough as Four-Square did not give accurate data

By Michael M

Jul 12, 2021

Solid course. Good intro, does not go too deep, definitely will need to supplement, especially with statistics

By LAURA T G

May 3, 2020

The last modules need to be reviewed in order to remove updating or errors

On the other hand it was just great

By Hunter I

Apr 21, 2020

Enjoyed actual application of skills learned for the first time in all these courses for the certificate lol