Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

YS

Jul 10, 2019

This course is instructive and challenging at the same time. Now I do wish I know a bit more about python and pandas before I jump in this course. But in the end I managed to get through.

126 - 150 of 220 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Shashank R

Sep 06, 2019

Great

By Phạm T S

Sep 11, 2019

This is the hardest course when getting the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate

By Maureen R

Sep 11, 2019

It was worth it!

By OSF G S

Sep 13, 2019

Awesome!

By Hari K G

Sep 12, 2019

This is wonderful platform for enthusiastic Data Scientists aspirants to learn sophisticated empirical analysis to understand and make predictions about complex systems. Demonstrated methods and tooling from probability and statistics, mathematics, and computer science and primarily focus on extracting insights from data.

ThankYou

Hari Kumar G

By Hadi S

Jun 14, 2019

This course gave me a great opportunity to work on a practical case study involving data wrangling and predictive modeling.

By Yui C L

May 26, 2019

nice to know foursquare, beautiful soup

By Prabhu M

Sep 17, 2019

good

By Mohammad Z R

Sep 18, 2019

Well design course for the Capstone project. It's bit challenges to do complete. Finally got the knowledge to applied the data science technique to find the insight of the data.

By Neha T

Sep 21, 2019

The experience was fabulous!! Learnt many concepts, particularly web scraping using Beautifulsoup.

By Mohsin S

Sep 22, 2019

This is a short and sweet course but you get real challenge on this one.

By Manea S I

nice

By Israel S S

Sep 25, 2019

This course was especially demanding, but demonstrating what has been learned throughout the 9 modules is an excellent way to close this certification

By Michelle J S

Sep 25, 2019

Intense project. Helped me gather all the skills I learned in the courses to create a project I had genuine interest in researching.

By Josemar T M d S

Oct 18, 2019

A fantastic challenge!

By Jason J D

Sep 27, 2019

Good course! The capstone project helped me strengthen the skills that I learnt throughout this specialization.

By Cláudio M L d S F

Oct 20, 2019

Very good Capstone

By Muhammad T A

Sep 30, 2019

By Тимофеев Е А

Oct 21, 2019

excellent course, a lot of practical work, interesting tasks close to reality

By Abhishek S

Oct 21, 2019

Great Specialization. I thank the whole team of IBM and Coursera for providing me this valuable knowledge. This specialization is my first stepping stone towards my aim of becoming a Data Scientist.

Also, I would love to convey thanks to Coursera for this wonderful Financial aid program, only because of which I completed this course.

By Piyush L

Oct 21, 2019

This is the best part of the specialization and I learned a lot in this Capstone Project. If you've been doing all of the 8 previous courses, believe me those 8 courses are nothing compared to this course when it comes to putting time and hard work. You will learn a lot of things including web scraping, connecting to a url, using geolocation services to get data about a location. You'll also use foursquare API to get popular venues in a particular location. This project is super interesting but at the same you have to put in a lot of work too! It took me more than a month to do this capstone alone but it can be easily done in around 3 weeks if you're dedicated in completing it.

By Phan Q

Oct 02, 2019

The process helps me a lot not only in writing python code, but also create stories through report and presentation.

By Harsh S

Oct 02, 2019

Very Nice Platform to learn and explore more as a Data Scientist.

By Vivekanand P

Oct 04, 2019

Assignment was really good

By Noor S

Oct 04, 2019

Great way to get hands-on experience leveraging various skills learnt throughout the course