Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with real datasets. You will assume the role of a Data Scientist working for a startup intending to compete with SpaceX, and in the process follow the Data Science methodology involving data collection, data wrangling, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, model development, model evaluation, and reporting your results to stakeholders. You are tasked with predicting if the first stage of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will land successfully. SpaceX advertises Falcon 9 rocket launches on its website, with a cost of 62 million dollars; other providers cost upward of 165 million dollars each, much of the savings is because SpaceX can reuse the first stage. Therefore if you can accurately predict the likelihood of the first stage rocket landing successfully, you can determine the cost of a launch. With the help of your Data Science findings and models, the competing startup you have been hired by can make more informed bids against SpaceX for a rocket launch. This course is the final course in the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate as well as the Applied Data Science with Python Specialization. It is expected that you have completed all of the prior courses in the specialization/certificate before starting this one, as it requires the application of the knowledge and skills taught in those courses. In this course, there will not be too much new learning, and instead, the focus will be on hands-on work to demonstrate what you have learned in the previous courses. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

601 - 625 of 739 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Edward J

Aug 25, 2020

A real challenge! There were moments of frustration, particularly when libraries wouldn't work on different Jupyter notebooks. However, I have learnt so much. All the courses in this professional certificate have prepared me well... but there are also some very knowledgeable people in the data community.

By Nicholas F

Nov 24, 2020

I think that the geocoding and APIs need to be sorted out much better. You should not present students with location APIs, like google, that do not actually work, explain that they are available intermittently, then give them a csv file and call it good enough.

By Pedro F

Sep 13, 2019

Valuable course to know more about Foursquare API, but short in content (more focused on assigning a final project). Maybe more tools or even templates for reports and/or presentations would make it more useful.

By Jens G

Jan 27, 2021

Very good to tie everything together with a Capstone project.

However, I had a tough time with the limitations of the Fourthsquare APIs.

So as a suggestion, recommend to use another API in the labs/projects.

By Brandon B

May 15, 2020

Overall a solid course. I wish there was a little more explanation of the code that was used but this capstone definitely pushed me to learn and get better. Thanks IBM and Coursera for the course!

By William O

Aug 17, 2020

This course for me was very challenging, not only for the assessments but also because I introduced new tools to my study like APIs. I really appreciate the time and the knowledge you gave me.

By Siddharth J

Mar 24, 2019

Last week took me too much time, but that was my own laziness. The course is well designed and taught me a lot about data cleaning, and strict deadlines are also a good learning. Thank you.

By RAJA S R

Jun 7, 2020

Overall it was a good course. It could have been better is the support staff for the course were available answering questions. Some of the materials are outdated and needs to be updated.

By Ritvik S

Sep 28, 2020

Very in-depth and rewarding project - would be a little better if more specific guidance on what to exactly include in the notebook would be better. But overall very stimulating. Thanks!

By Alexander P

Oct 23, 2021

A​fter some trouble, I was able to fix the issue with the ID identification... But nevertheless, the Certificate is not shown when using its link...

T​he Course, nevertheless, is great!

By Nam N

Sep 16, 2021

Good, but the last peer assignment, the report slides, that's so weary to do. It took me a week to do that boring task, I think they could make it more interesting with another way.

By Giselle

Oct 10, 2020

The capstone project was difficult. I struggled to incorporate the concepts I learned throughout this training in the final project, however I don't have any statistics background .

By Mustafa A

Jul 5, 2019

The capstone project was not very identical to what is covered in the course. We are briefly taught Foliujm Library but at the end, it was our final project. This was a minus point.

By Nishant V

Apr 8, 2019

Overall this is a tough course, since it mainly involves building your own project with your idea and using the tools,technologies which we have learnt in previous courses.

By Sudarshan

Oct 4, 2020

Nice course. Gave me good understanding and insight of how Python can be used in Data Science and what are different solutions and approaches currently in use in industry.

By Joe A

Oct 3, 2020

I learn't a lot from this course. reinforced and needed to apply whatever I learn't in previous courses. Had to work on Python coding, pandas, Folium, Foursquare, etc.

By Petter W

Apr 13, 2020

Great course and project, I would have liked to get a bit more freedom in what API to use. But great to have a bigger project to work on as you learn most from that.

By Christian M N

Mar 17, 2020

Cours vraiment, permet à l'étudiant d'être dans une situation réelle et met l'accent sur la compréhension même des différentes tâche à travers le rapport à fournir.

By Nathalia P

Sep 5, 2020

The course has to be revised, it has a lot of notebook problems. The content is very good, but it was exhausting to make the activities and to finish it.

By Thomas M

Sep 9, 2021

Interesting course but too lengthy videos for my taste. I would have preferred a more text-based style, but this is just my personal preference.

By Parth G

Overall, a good beginner's level project course. But, it will require a lot of input from the student side, which is necessary for one's growth.

By Ramsrinivas A

Jan 29, 2020

It is excellent, especially getting to know about foursquare ApI is exciting. But still some part of the codes can be explained from the scratch

By Sylvian

Aug 21, 2020

Some courses where not as good as others, but the value you get with the lab, provided you keep them and understand them, are of great value.

By Baptiste M

Nov 27, 2019

Solid finisher with enough freedom and constraints to give a framework for notation yet remaining interesting while preventing to drift away.

By Peter D

Feb 17, 2020

The course is absolutely a good one for beginners, a category which i fall into. I am sure it will help me in my career as a data scientist.