Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

676 - 697 of 697 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Charles J

May 3, 2020

some lab codes cannot run smoothly

By Abdul M A

Sep 25, 2019

very vague with the information

By Amey S P

Feb 11, 2020

It is good for beginners.

By Akshay I

Jul 25, 2020

Hardness Level High

By 赵圆方

Mar 16, 2019

really difficult

By Scott W

Jun 16, 2021

This review was written after taking the other courses in the IBM Data Science certificate.

The certificate as a whole is well worth it, in my opinion, and I feel like I learned a lot about the different aspects and methods to data science, which makes the way this particular course is written all the more baffling.

I have no idea why, after weeks or even months of learning about all these different data science aspects including machine learning, SQL, and other topics, this finishing course is almost entirely centered around the FourSquare API and being forced to use location data specifically.

This course in particular needs a rethink, especially in the subject matter department. Instructions in the labs are vague, and in some cases, don't even work properly. Code is given without explanation of what it does. Only one person needs to grade your project for you to get the final grade.

By far the worst course of the entire certificate.

By Pablo D B

Jul 30, 2019

It would have been better if the assignment were split on previous courses. IMHO, this course was way longer than the other courses of the specialization

By Diego A F P

Many errors in the lab and some code were not properly explained. The quality of this module was not as good as the others.

By Karol S

May 16, 2020

One of the worst mooc ever, content outdated, lessons not real life, and absolute lack of feedback on final assignment

By Mutlu O

Apr 7, 2020

LABs in this course had quite a lot of bugs which costed me a lot of time and nerves.

By David H

Apr 3, 2020

Massive issues with Labs not working; parts of segments too superficiel explained

By leonardo f

Jan 18, 2021

Instructor should explain how to make a capstone project and what is

By Fabian S

Dec 31, 2020

External services to be used do not live up to the standards.

By 王逸洋

Oct 15, 2020

I would prefer to have a self-designed project.

By RITIK Y S

Mar 31, 2020

Need some more guidance on Capstone

By MNejc

Jul 29, 2021

The course is actually very very hard, I made it through all the Data Science courses for Proffesional Certificate, however, when I came to this final course, I kind of got lost when working on assignments that would lead me to create a project of the desired outcome. As it's been some time since I took other Data Science courses and tried to complete this one, I came back now, after around a year, to see if anything got fixed as I believe other participants of the course had problems creating their projects as well, yet however, I see that nothing has changed. Tried creating the project again, yet got stuck at the assignment for week 3. Maybe Coursera or IBM Teaching staff should really look into this issue that not only I am experiencing.

By nikolas v

Jul 8, 2020

I get now (8th of July) a message that I can only begin in August on my assignment although I have finished week 4 succesfully!!!

I find it unacceptable that Coursera tries to let you renew your monthly subscription over and over again.

Could you unlock my assignment week 5 please?

Also Coursera let you use IBM lite subscription for free in the beginning but if you use it a lot, the lite version is not enough. You can upgrade, if you pay...

If you enroll for subcourses, you are charged each time you submit another small part.

the classes itself are good but Coursera is not clear on how much you need to pay in the end. The prices they let you believe seem reasonable but there are hidden extra costs.

By Bhyri C V P S

Jul 12, 2020

my lab sessions and assignments are closed

By Abdelsalam M

Aug 7, 2020

very bad courxe i hate ibm really

By Gurvi 1