Back to How to Apply to College

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How to Apply to College by University of Pennsylvania

How to Apply to College will empower learners of all backgrounds to demystify and better understand the college search and selection process, combining the expertise of an Ivy League admissions office and a leading college access and success organization. Led by expert educators, including Eric J. Furda, Dean of Admissions at the University of Pennsylvania, and Dr. Sean Vereen, President of Steppingstone Scholars, Inc., this free course will help students, family members, college counselors and any inquisitive learner to navigate each stage from the start of the college search process through the transition into a college environment. Through dialogue with students applying to and currently in college as well as campus advocates, How to Apply to College also aims to close the information gap for students who may be the first in their family to attend college and students who are underrepresented in higher education. A range of video and web resources are provided through a collaboration with a number of educational partners including The Common Application, with nearly 700 colleges on the application platform, and Raise.me, which provides a new way for high school students to earn money for college starting in 9th grade based on their achievements in school and life. Other resources and tools featured in the course include Naviance, College Greenlight, College Scorecard, BigFuture by the College Board, College and Pell Abacus, ZeeMee and Federal Student Aid....

JL

Apr 28, 2020

This course allowed me to understand the fine details of applying to college. Penn is my dream school, so I was really happy to see information specific to Penn being provided in this course.

HW

Feb 13, 2020

This course help students and family members and an inquisitive learner to navigate each stage from the start of the college search process through the transition into a college environment.

1 - 25 of 43 Reviews for How to Apply to College

By Veronica R

Dec 08, 2017

Highly recommended course if you are about to apply to college! It gives you a very good idea of how it all works, great advise and resources.

By Ashma T

Apr 30, 2020

This course was very useful for me. I highly recommend this course for highschoolers.

By Adia W

May 05, 2020

The information was well-organized and clear. As an education consultant, I found this course helpful in terms of increasing my understanding on the college application process. It's been a while for me and information tends to change.

By Sydney R

Nov 30, 2019

This course is great, especially when you are helping other students apply for college/university. Being from Texas, we have a different avenue to apply for certain colleges and I was not aware of these other avenues or what exactly what admissions was looking for.

I will be recommending this course to my peers and colleagues in higher education so that we can help even more students.

By Zyna D

Jun 06, 2020

An absolutely wonderful course by an amazing university! Very well thought out and extremely edifying...This course has been my first step towards the college application process and I couldn't have taken a course better than this to get me started- a course by UPenn about getting into a good college!!

By Yingzhen Y

May 16, 2020

I like this course. This course is very helpful and useful for me. I learned a lot! I appreciate Penn admission officers open this course. Thank you so much! I hope that I can go to Penn to continue my master's degree one day.

By Junghoon

Aug 25, 2019

This course helped me navigate through a daunting college application process. I highly recommend the course to students and parents who are looking for some assistance with the college admission process.

By Jason L

Apr 28, 2020

By Hui W W

Feb 13, 2020

By Patricio V A

I really learned a lot about how collage works and it really helped me to comprehend what is it that a collage requieres and how to pick the one that is right for you

By Hemprakash P

Sep 01, 2019

I wanted to apply for my masters in the US. This course has been clearing all my doubts. This gives me good knowledge on how to select a college or university.

By Romuald D

Jul 25, 2017

A good and comprehensive course. The instructors are expert in their fields and the additional resources are very relevant.

By Purvi S

May 04, 2020

Excellent course even for international students who are just beginning to think about the college application process.

By Ben D

May 14, 2017

Great resources for DIY student! Really eye-opening information that you need to have before apply U.S. Universities.

By Abhijit S P

Jun 23, 2020

This course is very useful as children should be encouraged to learn from an early age and given small assignments.

By Julia V

Jun 09, 2020

Informative! The course details the college application process and offers tools and terminologies

By Adam A

Jun 09, 2018

Excellent course. But it's a good idea to issue the certificate of completion.

Feb 04, 2019

This course offers every little detail you need to know about college.

By Paula A

As an international student, it was really helpful!

By 张丽莎

Mar 02, 2020

This is a very good elementary course for learners.

By Fio F

Dec 27, 2019

Es un muy buen curso explica muy detallado, lo amo.

By Marco L

Feb 12, 2019

Best app to use for your future plans.

By Wendy R

Aug 01, 2017

Good course for students and counsel

By Meghaa

May 09, 2020

Very useful and easy to learn from.

By james

May 04, 2020

Very good course for a beginner!