Back to Autism Spectrum Disorder

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Autism Spectrum Disorder by University of California, Davis

Understanding the characteristics of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and their implications for behavior, learning and the ability to process information is critical for anyone working or interacting with those on the spectrum -- educators, clinicians, counselors, therapists, medical staff, family and employers. This course will give you a fundamental understanding of what ASD is, how it is diagnosed, the primary areas of impairment, and why prevalence is increasing. Examine the developmental and sensori-motor differences that may impact academic, play, social and self-help skills at different stages of life, including the transition to higher education and employment. Gain a clear understanding of how sensory regulation differs for individuals on the spectrum, and explore practical tools for identifying triggers and communicating feelings. Learn to use evidence-based practices to provide effective interventions and explore typical strengths and weaknesses of individuals on the spectrum in relation to identified impairments. The course culminates with a description of the ASD system of care, an overview of the National Standards Report studies and treatments, and an explanation of how evidence-based practices are established and implemented. Those seeking a more in-depth, instructor-led experience are encouraged to check out the Professional Concentration in Autism offered by UC Davis Extension: https://extension.ucdavis.edu/certificate-program/professional-concentration-autism-spectrum-disorders...

DR
Nov 22, 2020

Very rich in information and very organized and structured and is easy to follow as well. Gives you the opportunity to acquire new concepts and to be up to date in the field of ASD. Enjoyed it a lot!

AS
Sep 22, 2020

I thought that this course was very informative for being an overview of ASD. I know that there is so much to learn about Autism, but this course was a great starting block for learning about ASD.

101 - 125 of 526 Reviews for Autism Spectrum Disorder

By Magomedova M M

Jul 12, 2020

Thanks to this course, I learned something that I had never heard of. I thank the University of California for the huge number of proven methods that really work. Speech therapists really thank you!

By Sharon J T

Aug 2, 2020

This course was short, simple and very informative! The interviews with parents and professionals in the field have provided a deeper insight into the condition and the research surrounding it.

By iklimzeynepkesgin

Jul 24, 2020

As it is explained at the end of the course, it was a general overview of autism spectrum disorder. It gave me awareness about it and I am thankful whatever they taught me. Thanks once again!

By Alessandra M L

Jun 3, 2017

This course is a great opportunity for those who want to know more about Autism and how to work and deal with special children. Congratulations to everyone engaged in this wonderful course!

By JOSUÉ J O C

Oct 2, 2020

¡Excelente curso! Información real, aplicativa y práctica para los profesionales de la educación.

Excellent course! Real, applicative and practical information for education professionals.

By Keianna B

Jul 16, 2020

This was an extremely informative course, as an aspiring Special Education Teacher, I honestly feel more comfortable and precessional in dealing with students with ASD in my internships.

By Ana P L d C

Aug 5, 2019

Eu realmente gostei deste curso. Seu aprofundamento é excelente e abrange diversos sintomas que não estamos acostumados a ver em pessoas com Espectro Autista. Obrigada pela oportunidade.

By Antía P G

Jun 8, 2020

Muy interesante, me ha servido para profundizar en un tema en el que en la carrera apenas recibimos formación. Ofrece la información necesaria y básica para tener formación en el tema.

By Saida G

Jan 7, 2017

I am extremely happy to have finished this course. Now I have greater security when applying for a job and achieving my ertificacion of certified therapist in autism.

Thanks again.

By Muhammad I

Jun 10, 2020

This course is really insightful and had helped me understand ASD in more details especially the behaviours. I would recommend this course to those want to understand ASD further.

By Anna S

Sep 15, 2017

Great course for those looking to gain a foundation on ASD! I wish there was a part 2 with more advanced/in-depth material that could be taken as a follow up to this introduction.

By Marga N

Nov 10, 2020

The lessons are concise, clear, and loaded with information. The course allows me to take things at my own pace, and to review the things I need to go back to, whenever I prefer.

By Ipshita

Feb 26, 2020

It was a very enriching experience and I have got to learn various areas under autism spectrum disorder and various evidence based practises involved for successful intervention.

By Meylin M

Mar 18, 2020

The course it's really complete about Autism, standards and treatments, my only recommendation it's the certificate should shows the numbers of hours of study this course takes.

By Ahmet A A

Jan 28, 2017

I am verry happy to finish this course. It was very informational and beneficial. I believe that taking this course will help me a lot in clinical environment as an Audiologist.

By Fernanda M

Apr 24, 2020

effective course work to get into what are the effective ways to be of help to the autism community as an educator I was granted resources that i can take with into my field

By Alan K

Nov 24, 2016

A great course for introducing teachers or parents to ASD. Found it an invaluable resource for helping me provide support to my students, both on and off the ASD spectrum.

By Thasneem.p

Jun 1, 2020

As i m a speech therapist this course was very usefull to me my knowledge in the area of ASD improved a lot.i thank ucdavis and cousera to come with a project like this..

By Jackeline E V M

Apr 25, 2020

La informacion ha sido brindada de forma precisa y puntual, con ejemplos acorde a lo explicado, realmente util para aprender y reforzar los aprendizajes sobre el autismo

By Sagayaraj K

Apr 27, 2020

It was really enhancing my knowledge on Autism spectrum and created new ideas for my future research. I found this course as very useful and beneficial for my research.

By Maria G

Sep 30, 2019

A wonderful oportunity to learn much more about ASD. Learn specific tools and set of skills much needed for educators and parents to help chldren and adults with ASD.

By Ayodeji A O

May 22, 2020

It provided me some better knowledge about the ASD and how, as a parent, I can be a help to children that are on the spectrum to be who they want to be in future.

By Andrea g

Jan 12, 2019

Very helpful to understand ASD, the impacts in different skills at different ages, evidence based practices, and the fantastic job at the UC Davis MIND Institute.

By TERRY B

Apr 19, 2020

I really enjoyed the classed and learned a lot that will help me in my job. I was just wondering is the certificate sent or do I just have to print it?

By Apoorva M

Sep 15, 2020

I would recommend this course to any one interested to know about ASD .As an occupational therapy this course had given me best information which is helpful .