Back to Autism Spectrum Disorder

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Autism Spectrum Disorder by University of California, Davis

Understanding the characteristics of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and their implications for behavior, learning and the ability to process information is critical for anyone working or interacting with those on the spectrum -- educators, clinicians, counselors, therapists, medical staff, family and employers. This course will give you a fundamental understanding of what ASD is, how it is diagnosed, the primary areas of impairment, and why prevalence is increasing. Examine the developmental and sensori-motor differences that may impact academic, play, social and self-help skills at different stages of life, including the transition to higher education and employment. Gain a clear understanding of how sensory regulation differs for individuals on the spectrum, and explore practical tools for identifying triggers and communicating feelings. Learn to use evidence-based practices to provide effective interventions and explore typical strengths and weaknesses of individuals on the spectrum in relation to identified impairments. The course culminates with a description of the ASD system of care, an overview of the National Standards Report studies and treatments, and an explanation of how evidence-based practices are established and implemented. Those seeking a more in-depth, instructor-led experience are encouraged to check out the Professional Concentration in Autism offered by UC Davis Extension: https://extension.ucdavis.edu/certificate-program/professional-concentration-autism-spectrum-disorders...

DR
Nov 22, 2020

Very rich in information and very organized and structured and is easy to follow as well. Gives you the opportunity to acquire new concepts and to be up to date in the field of ASD. Enjoyed it a lot!

AS
Sep 22, 2020

I thought that this course was very informative for being an overview of ASD. I know that there is so much to learn about Autism, but this course was a great starting block for learning about ASD.

151 - 175 of 525 Reviews for Autism Spectrum Disorder

By Analia a

Sep 7, 2020

Muy bueno el curso me encantó aprender más sobre esta condición especial. Ya que tengo un niño con Autismo... Muy bueno todo..

By Ramola T

Jul 26, 2020

An excellent course! Would like to do a follow up course that would give me deeper insights into the autism spectrum disorder.

By Jazmin O

May 2, 2020

I learned so much more then I thought I was. I definitely recommend this class. The videos are helpful and will help you pass!

By Licia R

Jun 15, 2016

This was an extremely informative course on ASD. It allows me to assess and design interventions more effectively. Thank you.

By Kameika M

Nov 2, 2020

very good introductory course on Autism Spectrum Disorder, information was presented in a manner that was easily understood

By Zoila T

Sep 28, 2019

This course gave me all the information I needed to continue working on my goal to be a Registered Behavioral Technician.

By Christian O T R

Sep 24, 2020

Excelente curso. Permite tener un panorama claro sobre las necesidades de las personas con Síndrome del Espectro Autista.

By Sammi C

Very professional and informational introduction to the autism spectrum disorder and how it is being treated currently.

By Natalia G

Aug 5, 2020

I loved this course, i learned a lot of ASD and how i can help patients from my profesional area. I´m really grateful.

By Jordan O

Mar 29, 2020

Great condensed overview of ASD and ABA as it related to autism services! Well worth the little bit of time and money.

By Alen J T

Jun 19, 2020

Very brief and informative. Looking forward to more courses from the Mind Institute on similar conditions. Thank you.

By Agibayeva G

Sep 29, 2020

The course was extremely useful and impressive. In my opinion, it is easy to comprehend new information.

Thank you!

By Maria G

May 5, 2020

Loved it! One of the most complete and scientific/ research based courses I know.

I learned a lot! Thank you so much!

By Gary D

Dec 16, 2016

This is an excellent course for understanding the basics of Autism Spectrum Disorder. The information is invaluable.

By JOHN Q

Dec 19, 2015

What a wonderful course and great review of the new information on Autism and Aspbergers Syndrome. Thanks so much.

By Carmen C A B

Jun 23, 2020

Necesario para quienes aún manteniamos concepciones desfasadas acerca de Autismo, muy buen curso y recomendable.

By Carolina D P

Jun 24, 2020

Muy interesante el contenido y saber que hay instituciones que se ocupan y mejoran la vida de muchas personas.

By Iris L

May 8, 2016

Really great course for people who want to systmatically learn ASD. No need for prior knowledge in Psychology.

By Anish M

Aug 2, 2020

Very good course packed with information! Highly recommend anyone doing any for of therapy to do this course.

By MARIA L P

Aug 8, 2018

Excelente curso !!! Para aquellos que necesitan aprender sobre autismo es una excelente introducción al tema.

By Alexandra S

May 9, 2020

Thank you for compiling this excellent Course, I have learnt so much and deepened my pre-existing knowledge.

By GIULIA M

Jul 19, 2020

It's great!! Thank you for this opportunity, I learned a lot. I hope we could work together in the future!

By Mary A

Apr 4, 2020

Great course! Really informative and thorough. Will definitely implement these strategies in my classroom!

By Olivia W

Mar 4, 2017

I loved this course, I found it really interesting and I look forward to using my knowledge in the future.

By Mary L S

Apr 4, 2016

very informative with latest research for evidence based interventions with those on the autistic spectrum