Back to AWS Fundamentals: Going Cloud-Native

Learner Reviews & Feedback for AWS Fundamentals: Going Cloud-Native by Amazon Web Services

This course will introduce you to Amazon Web Services (AWS) core services and infrastructure. Through demonstrations you'll learn how to use and configure AWS services to deploy and host a cloud-native application. Early in the course, your AWS instructors will discuss how the AWS cloud infrastructure is built, walk you through Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Lightsail compute services. They'll also introduce you to networking on AWS, including how to set up Amazon Virtual Public Cloud (VPC) and different cloud storage options, including Amazon Elastic Block Storage (EBS), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) and Amazon Elastic File Service (EFS). Later in the course you'll learn about AWS Database services, such as Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) and Amazon DynomoDB. Your instructors will also walk you through how to monitor and scale you application on AWS using Amazon CloudWatch and Amazon EC2 Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) and Auto Scaling. Lastly, you'll learn about security on AWS, as well as how to manage costs when using the AWS cloud platform. In this course, you won't be required to complete hands-on exercises, but we strongly suggest you take advantage of the AWS Free Tier to follow along as the instructors demonstrate the AWS services. Class forums will also allow you to ask questions and interact with AWS training instructors. After completing this course, you'll have the basic fundamentals to get started on AWS. This course has been developed by AWS, and is delivered by AWS technical instructors who teach cloud computing courses around the globe....

Jul 04, 2020

Highly recommended course...my first course here...been an amazing journey :D\n\nContent is on point and very handy...easy to understand...\n\nno prior knowledge required.\n\nDefinitely Recommended!!

BD

Nov 26, 2019

Very good information about AWS services. however, it looks like a promotional program somehow. I think aws should add some lessons about comparing with other competitive services for a broader view.

26 - 50 of 1,712 Reviews for AWS Fundamentals: Going Cloud-Native

By Stacey S

Dec 30, 2019

This course has good content but doesn't give you the example application to work with. I think that's an oversight. It does give you a decent overview of AWS though so it was still quite useful for me.

By oscar f

Jan 25, 2020

The course was informative and straight to the point for those with AWS background, however it was lacking of at least couple labs scenarios for EC2 and S3 (very simple and short to implement)

By Michael Y Y

Feb 24, 2019

A little short and simple but good introduction. Very clear explanations of the "why" behind each service.

By Athanasios K

Apr 11, 2020

It started of well but after the 1st week the lectures started to cover too much ground and I was not able to follow up with hands on examples. Especially after the 2nd week I was simply watching the videos without any incentive to try anything out myself.

So I would suggest that the course has more hands-on examples that the students can actually try themselves. Otherwise, interest is lost and the course becomes a bit boring.

Overall, the course doesn't have to cover too much ground as long as the students can follow through with hands-on examples and exercises/assignments etc.

By Jamie R

Dec 20, 2019

would like to know caveats as well

also, deep dive into setting up a vpc was too much, thought this was more of an overview course

By Lee C

Mar 15, 2019

Would be better if there was more practical elements to the course. Very jargon and acronym heavy.

By 寂静的小巷

Dec 01, 2019

We need practice assignments to practice the operations the lesson videos demonstrate.

By Shanti R

Nov 26, 2019

Lab exercise would be helpful

By Steven L

Jun 25, 2020

I agree with some other reviewers that this course is more of a promotional ad, and technically explains what we are doing with AWS services, etc. It takes you step by step via AWS account at a somewhat faster pace than I anticipated. It does not thoroughly explain how and why we are doing these steps, services, etc. I was hoping there was a glossary of terms, several terms are unexplained and dismissed, or even assumed we knew. Overall, disappointing course.

By SRINIVAS R

Jun 10, 2019

Extremely less content

By Miguel A

Sep 24, 2019

worst curse ever

By Hyo J K

Jul 09, 2019

I have done a little over one week portion of this course and I'm already loving it! I was a little worried that this course would be tooooo basic, which is in a way but in a great way! TBH most of the materials are available in detail on the AWS website and for free. But AWS training department did a great job on organizing the info and delivering it in the simplest and easiest way possible, especially for someone who doesn't come from any technical background. I hope this course could kick-start my interest in AWS and hopefully I can keep that interest all the way to the next step of this AWS certification roadmap.

By Abubaker S

Mar 24, 2020

Excellent course for beginner technical professionals as well as for non-technical or new people coming into the cloud computing field. The course is well-structured and provides excellent knowledge. Since it is for beginners, assignments were not expected otherwise some assignments should have been there to gain more confidence. However, there are quizzes for each major topic. A must course for anyone who is entering into cloud computing specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS).

By Ganesh K

Aug 13, 2020

The course provided an excellent overview of concepts such as advantages of going to cloud, regions, Availability Zones, Creating an EC2 instance, Attaching sample application to the instance, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB databases, Storage on Cloud, monitoring and scaling, security and cost management. The lectures had enough demonstration to reinforce the idea. The reading material provided adequate information for learning.

Strongly recommended for beginners who are interested in AWS

By Woiyl H

Jan 20, 2019

I really loved this course. I would like to have more courses, training from AWS. I enjoyed the demos from Morgan and Deep explanations from Blaine. Really that was awesome. Not forgetting our friend the lezard, It's the coolest example that I have ever had in my learning path. Thanks of course to Allen for giving this learning possibility. I will be really pleased to see more courses from you. Thanks a lot :-)

By Maxim S

Jan 04, 2019

I take IT/Computer Science courses regularly for work and for my own education. This is by far one of the best courses I took in the last couple of years. Well explained, well structured, with example. Perfect! It also allowed me to pass AWS Practitioner exam with 900 score.

Highly recommend.

BTW, I took Practitioner exam preparation class at AWS site and it was boring a as hell.

By ABHIJIT S

Good Day

I sincerely thank Coursera for this Opportunity in this lockdown period .

Thanks and Warm Regards.

Whatsapp : + 91 8017648297

+ 91 6290750012

By Thakkar H

Apr 03, 2020

According to me it is best course for whom are familiar or not familiar to cloud computing. One who don't know cloud computing Blaine Sundrud's type of teaching is very well. He/she can learn basic concept of cloud computing. Morgan Willis have performed all practical with great explanation. Course is started from scratch of AWS to fundamentals of AWS. Really, great course.

May 01, 2020

This was one of the best courses that I have taken on Coursera. This course has really effective and useful content we need to know about AWS. Although it doesn't have hands-on-session still in the video series they have covered almost all the things. They have covered many AWS services with very less time, yet in an effective way. I have really enjoyed the course!!

By Harshith D S

I would recommend you to take this course if you are interested in cloud computing through AWS. This course teaches you the basics of AWS and its basic features. If you want to involved in this course very well then you must have some prior knowledge of Networking. You can attain the basic knowledge of Networking through "The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking".

By Ganesh D

Aug 13, 2020

This course helped me to gain the core fundamentals of the aws and how the things work in cloud , apart from these the course was enriched with the ec2 , rds , s3 , auto scalling and much more. I learned beyond the basics of AWS, Cloud. I appreciate the fluidity of the instructors and their sens of humor when presenting the course, it is marvelous and unique :)

By Brian D

Nov 28, 2018

Great overview for those curious about AWS. I have a good deal of experience in virtualization and private DC's and it was good to see how AWS removes the "heavy lifting", at a cost of course. But not having to worry about scalability is immense. Certainly provided food for though as we look to launch other SaaS applications.

By Shivam B

Jul 14, 2020

Excellent course. The lectures are concise and to the point. There's visual diagrams to help you understand the concepts better. All AWS services discussed are properly introduced first and you're guided through each step so you don't even have to know what that service does or even what AWS is before taking the course.

By Anshu S

I would really like to say that you have got amazing trainers! Blaine, Sir I would really like to say that the way you explain things, it makes everything look so interesting and makes me wanna know and learn more! Morgan, Ma'am the labs and content that you deliver are really apt and precise! I really loved that!

By George O

Jan 10, 2020

Excellent delivery from all the instructors. They demonstrated high level of understanding of the course materials to bring a beginner like me to speed. I do not have IT background but taking this course I have develop strong appetite for more of AWS training courses. I highly recommend this course for starters.