Back to Getting Started with AWS Machine Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with AWS Machine Learning by Amazon Web Services

Machine learning (ML) is one of the fastest growing areas in technology and a highly sought after skillset in today’s job market. The World Economic Forum states the growth of artificial intelligence (AI) could create 58 million net new jobs in the next few years, yet it’s estimated that currently there are 300,000 AI engineers worldwide, but millions are needed. This means there is a unique and immediate opportunity for you to get started with learning the essential ML concepts that are used to build AI applications – no matter what your skill levels are. Learning the foundations of ML now, will help you keep pace with this growth, expand your skills and even help advance your career. This course will teach you how to get started with AWS Machine Learning. Key topics include: Machine Learning on AWS, Computer Vision on AWS, and Natural Language Processing (NLP) on AWS. Each topic consists of several modules deep-diving into variety of ML concepts, AWS services as well as insights from experts to put the concepts into practice....

AN

Apr 13, 2020

The course materials and lecture delivery was just one of a kind,I have learnt a complete skill on Machine Learning and its Algorithms.I hope this will lead me towards a next level of Data science.

VZ

May 13, 2020

Very good course to learn basics of Machine learning for beginners. Instructors are very knowledgeable.\n\nI got lot of learning and motivation to continue my learning in area of machine learning.

1 - 25 of 694 Reviews for Getting Started with AWS Machine Learning

By Ayush T

Oct 12, 2019

I'm using Coursera for more than 2 years and this is my first bad experience with a Cousera's course. This course seems just like an extended advertisement for AWS. This course neither contains any practical exercise for students to try on AWS nor any strong technical details about ML.

By Benjamin R

Sep 28, 2019

Very sloppy. Typos in the slides, cases of duplicate videos appearing in the same week, and quizzes where none of the answer choices are correct. I've come to expect better from Coursera. This was a huge disappointment.

By Erik L

Oct 31, 2019

DO NOT TAKE THIS COURSE if you're not already a machine learning expert!

This course only shows you how to use different Amazon Web Service applications. It will not teach you anything about the basics of machine learning. This is what I thought by the way...

By Catherine C

Mar 03, 2020

Not deep into ML techniques, but a lot of demos and how to use as the best AWS features for a smooth ML processes

By Vidhan P

Apr 18, 2020

The starting 2 weeks were informative and then it seemed like an amazon commercial.

By Michael

Sep 27, 2019

The course seem to be balanced between those who are in machine learning already and want to use the AWS tools, and those who want to use machine learning tools but not the go deep into data science. I enjoyed the course, but it will be more helpful if you could separate the courses and give those already into machine learning, more hands on to the AWS tools and remove the repetitiveness in the concept we already know. Coming from ML Course (Stanford) by Andrew Ng. Week 4 and 5 had a lot of useful concepts that we can use. Over-rally it was worth every pen.

By Fakhir K

Oct 22, 2019

Poorly prepared course. The quizzes ask only one or two questions. The workload is not divided properly. Some weeks have hours long videos and some has a few minute ones. It seems like an intern has combined the videos from AWS library to generate some traffic on Coursera. There are only demos of the tool and no hands-on labs like the ones Google offers. You are much better off seeing the videos on AWS's portal.

By harshit s

Oct 03, 2019

A very good guide for understanding the full Amazon web services flow but lack of proper implementation

By Shaikh M A

May 23, 2020

This course is a compilation of unstructured content that has been taken from the actual AWS certification programs. Most of the videos have repetitive content. The initial week includes content regarding the theoretical aspect of machine learning, which in general is adequate. In week 2,3,4, Amazon advertises their services and persistently tell you that why even bother learning about machine learning. The last week has some videos that are very lengthy which jump from 10 to 100 in terms of theoretical and practical knowledge, thus making a huge gap in the learners learning. This course tends to fail in recognising their target audience. Other cons: IMO purchasing this course is of no use. The course, for the least, could have provided labs for specific modules to explore the platform and to better understand the concepts taught step by step. Moreover, I am extremely disappointed from Coursera for providing such courses. Courses as such, in my opinion, are becoming a new medium to advertise your brand instead of providing insightful knowledge.

By Snehal B

Sep 22, 2019

Dan Mbaga, Kirsten Dupart and Denis Batalov were quite instrumental and to the point. I appreciate these sessions but would want Coursera to allow free users to submit the quiz at the end of these courses (as of now, it shows a button to upgrade).

By Abhishek N

Apr 13, 2020

By Sal G

Jan 03, 2020

Great content for someone new to this space. I really enjoyed all the information, thanks to all who are willing to share the knowledge. I'm ready to tackle the next course of AWS ML.

By Sofia S

Dec 07, 2019

It's a practical easy to follow introductory course of AWS machine learning with Sagemaker. I'm looking forward to learning more about Sagemaker and get some practical experience.

By Jurgen S

Oct 05, 2019

Good overview of ML with some deep technical sections as well

By Munawar P V

Sep 24, 2019

A fair start to an overview of machine learning and aws services with hands-on exercise. There is lot of space for improvements on course and quiz contents (Some videos and quiz options are duplicated).

Rather than an end quiz, few quizzes in between the long videos would ab better. A hands-on project for completion assessment can also be included.

Recommendation rating for healthcare professionals (myself being one): 2.8/5 (where 0= never recommend , 5= highly recommend)

By Sehresh M

Apr 16, 2020

Effective course. Uses real world examples to explain not just the various components of AWS but also how to effectively use. Great content for someone new to this space. I really enjoyed all the information, thanks to all who are willing to share the knowledge . if anyone want to know about Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning I will recommend to join this course.

By Bhaswathi P

Apr 30, 2020

Really I enjoyed this course. All the faculties and developers had explained well. I came to know what are the basics and how to use code, deep learning ,amazon sage maker and some more other concepts had been explained perfectly. I hope this could be the best online course foe each and every student or beginners .

By Abhinav T

Apr 08, 2020

I am a beginner for machine learning. i don't have any background knowledge for ML but this course is very good for start. You get to know about what is ML and it's pipeline. How to create the model, train it and deploy it in AWS. You get to know about Amazon Segemaker. Overall it's a very good course for beginner.

By Carlos A J H

Mar 06, 2020

It's a good course but ir's not what I was hping for. I though there would be more programming and using the AWS tools, but instead it was looking at how to use them and no practice at all. Anyways. it was good to learn all this tools and the instructors at Amazon are really good, so overall it was a good course.

By Bevin V

Apr 29, 2020

I love this course on AWS ML. The good part is, you will remain motivated. Secondly, the course is structured to be beneficial for the beginners as well as ML Practitioners because, some topics covers Hyper Parameter tuning, some piratical aspects on AWS SageMaker, Groundtruth services, etc.

By Aninkan G

Apr 28, 2020

The course helped me a lot in gathering practical knowledge in my relevant field of study.Thanks a lot coursera for providing such a wonderful course and my best wishes to the amazon team for providing many valuable resources and learning related informations about the course

By Nikoloz K

This was helpful for me, because next year I'm going into coding and programming and i needed some research about A.I., but here I found something more. I recommend this course to even those who have no idea what A.I. means. They explain everything very well. Well done.

By Anand V P

Nov 04, 2019

Effective course. Uses real world examples to explain not just the various components of AWS but also how to effectively use. them. It is a genuine hands on course and I would recommend that all those interested in AI & ML must undergo this course to get a head start.

By Manjit P

Nov 07, 2019

Deployment part of ML was a puzzle for me before this class. After you learn the ML basics, this is the next step. It also gives you insight about how automation is coming to ML and what is ML as a service. Definitely recommended if you are an active ML practitioner.

By Arnab D

Jun 03, 2020

This Course has been very helpful as it took me through the parameters and insights of Amazon Web Services giving importance to each and every keyconcepts of Machine learning that Amazon has inducted. I would like to thank coursera for providing me with this course.