Back to Bayesian Methods for Machine Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Bayesian Methods for Machine Learning by HSE University

People apply Bayesian methods in many areas: from game development to drug discovery. They give superpowers to many machine learning algorithms: handling missing data, extracting much more information from small datasets. Bayesian methods also allow us to estimate uncertainty in predictions, which is a desirable feature for fields like medicine. When applied to deep learning, Bayesian methods allow you to compress your models a hundred folds, and automatically tune hyperparameters, saving your time and money. In six weeks we will discuss the basics of Bayesian methods: from how to define a probabilistic model to how to make predictions from it. We will see how one can automate this workflow and how to speed it up using some advanced techniques. We will also see applications of Bayesian methods to deep learning and how to generate new images with it. We will see how new drugs that cure severe diseases be found with Bayesian methods. Do you have technical problems? Write to us: coursera@hse.ru...

JG
Nov 17, 2017

This course is little difficult. But I could find very helpful.\n\nAlso, I didn't find better course on Bayesian anywhere on the net. So I will recommend this if anyone wants to die into bayesian.

LB
Jun 6, 2019

Excellent course! The perfect balance of clear and relevant material and challenging but reasonable exercises. My only critique would be that one of the lecturers sounds very sleepy.

76 - 100 of 180 Reviews for Bayesian Methods for Machine Learning

By NITIN S

May 16, 2020

one of the most in-depth course on Bayesian Methods on the whole internet, it would have been much better if I had taken this much earlier.

By Subhamoy B

May 20, 2018

I would like to thank the instructors for this great course. This is definitely not an easy course. But the learning has been immense.

By Roberto C S B

It's hard course, you need solid knowledge about deep learning, Bayesian statistics and machine learning, but is really worth it

By Meng-Chieh L

Sep 5, 2018

This is a very interesting class and I learned some concepts and techniques that are beneficial to my work as a data scientist.

By Joyce Y

May 24, 2019

Fantastic contents! It explains a lot of concepts that confused me when I started Bayesian machine learning very well.

By Alex

Mar 1, 2018

Excellent course. Nice work, lectors.

Interesting approach with reverted video and glass wall for formulas inference.

By Ibrahim A

Highly involved course with lots of practical learning. First time, I struggled to finish a course. Great learning.

By Roshan C

Dec 4, 2019

The best course to learn about maths behind the optimization and also helped to clarify the mathematics lies behind

By John A D

Mar 13, 2018

Excellent course ! Pointed to concepts and techniques that would be hard to access without this expert guidance.

By Иван М

May 14, 2020

amazing course, helps to inderstand many aspects of probability methods and bayesian inference!

By Tirth P

Jun 10, 2019

Mathematically Heavy and highly theoretical course. This makes this course unique and awesome

By Husain B

Dec 9, 2019

Amazing course, take you from brief to advance level concepts of bayesian stats and methods.

Nov 28, 2020

Amazing course. The mathematical content is really interesting. Absolutely enjoyed it!!.

By Kiran K R

Dec 31, 2019

This is the best introductory course that is available for Bayesian deep learning.

By Mike L

May 15, 2020

Solid math and statistic study materials and useful programming assignment.

By Igor P

Oct 9, 2019

Excellent course. Definitely touches advanced topics with the due rigor.

By Yon-Seo K

Feb 22, 2020

The VAE part was really good. I will continue working on it on my own.

By yan l

Mar 6, 2018

The lecture in real detail explain what is going on behind the model!

By Dr.M. E

Jul 18, 2020

difficult concept of machine learning is explained with examples

By Akhil K

Oct 4, 2019

Very comprehensive & touched upon some very interesting problems!

By PAVAN S

Oct 3, 2020

extremely practical content with proper mathematical rigor =)

By 刘晶

Apr 17, 2020

One of the best course I've learned on coursera. Thank you!

By Debasis U

Aug 22, 2019

I found it tuff to get everything, but a very good course

By Murat Ö

Jul 23, 2019

A great course to learn probabilistic machine learning!

By Parag H S

Aug 14, 2019

Bayesian Methods for machine learning course was great