Back to Discover Best Practice Farming for a Sustainable 2050

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Discover Best Practice Farming for a Sustainable 2050 by University of Western Australia

The Discover Best Practice Farming for a Sustainable 2050 Course is based on a clear vision: imagine best practice farming for 2050, start to implement these strategies now, all the while making sure it will still be profitable. At UWA we're doing just that with the Future Farm 2050 Project, set on a mixed-enterprise farm in Western Australia and we want you to learn how it can be done in your part of the world. Although this course is based on agriculture, it's not only about farming. It is a multi-disciplinary course that addresses a wide range of issues confronting the industry, including rural communities, rural infrastructure and conservation of biodiversity in agriculture. By completing this course you will understand that feeding and clothing the planet requires a multi-disciplinary approach and upon completion you will be able to explain best practices of sustainable farming and apply them in new contexts....

BO

Oct 10, 2019

Friendly class for new college students. Easy to follow lectures and important materials makes the class great. I would love to see the farm in person, or make a small scale one on my own property.

JR

Jan 11, 2018

Different subjects related to sustainable farming are well presented highlighting many interesting aspects in general and illustrated by local examples

26 - 33 of 33 Reviews for Discover Best Practice Farming for a Sustainable 2050

By Daelin Q

Mar 19, 2018

This course was excellent, and I enjoyed learning about sustaining our future through farming.

By Jeanette N

Nov 18, 2017

Great insight into the work done in WA, thank you for putting this programme together. Wish your department every success in research. Hope more land around the world can be recovered / regenerated.

Technical suggestion: alight closed caption to speakers

By Socratis S

Mar 25, 2018

Valuable information, could be better presented and a little bid more summarized so the essential information is given more weight. Thank you for these course, thank you for sharing knowledge around the world.

By Lea J

Sep 01, 2018

Provides an excellent overview on sustainability through the case of farming with principles that can apply in other areas of our societies.

By MUHAMMED A

Sep 23, 2018

perfect

By FSC L 9

Sep 30, 2019

Good inf about farming 2050

By Jessica M

Jan 21, 2018

I felt a lot of the information was repetitive, and that overall we didn't go into great detail over any one subject. I understand the time of each course had to be convenient for students. However, having optional reading timed at 10 minutes was a time wasted that could be used for further instruction given to us and teaching time. Many of the reading sources were extremely lengthy, or were not accessible online.

I expected to come out of this course with a clear understanding of very specific steps that can be made to manage Best Practice Farming through out the entire world (e.g. specific water conservation solutions, specific soil preparation steps, specific seasonal planning, going into detail on subjects not just mentioning them). I guess I was expecting the course to be more scientifically based, not so much an over view of activities of the farm.

I do feel OF COURSE that I have gained new knowledge, and a better understanding of certain procedures. I do now have an overall understanding of better ways of running an operation. Seeing as I am a small scale operator, I already enact most of these steps in my daily activity.. so it was more of a refresher course for me than anything else.

I do truly appreciate having this information made available globally, and I thank all of the staff at UWA very very very much for their efforts in educating the outside communities.

By Stefano E

Jan 09, 2018

Interesting course, but some lectures were a bit superficial and not very informative. Too easy overall. Also, too much focused on notions and issues specific to Western Australia, instead of giving general informations that can be more easily adapted to other contexts.