Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

51 - 75 of 261 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Lachlan J

Jul 26, 2017

Great course. Very interesting

By Prateek S

Aug 22, 2017

Accessible to everyone.

The integration of various Sciences and History.

Offers insight into the building blocks of our universe and the variety of factors all leading up to humanity and the potential future.

By William E

Jul 30, 2017

Extremely informative and very much enjoyed completing the course

By Mayte M

Mar 12, 2018

I agree this course need to be part of the Education system world wide, it will help humans to evolve and to be aware of the importance of our mistakes in the past. I believe this course is one of the best.

By Miguel M

Sep 19, 2016

Muy buen curso! en verdad provee informacion precisa y de manera muy didactica, recomendado!

By Mel F

Feb 13, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course, I have always been interested i the "Big Picture" of history and the Universe and this course fit the bill. Easy to understand and very well done. My sincere thanks to the teachers that put their time and effort into making this course great!

By Nathan L

Jul 17, 2017

GREAT

By José M R G

Feb 26, 2016

Impressive, amazing and the really explanation of everything!!

By Guillermo A

Jun 08, 2016

Very insightful, entertainment and comprehensive. I strongly encourage it to anyone interested in having a holistic understanding of our Universe and its history.

By Haniyah B

Jun 05, 2017

I really enjoy studying this course. They explain all the topics in a detailed way.

Great job!

By Michael A S H

Nov 23, 2017

This course is engaging, informative and enlightening. It will broaden your views of yourself, the cosmos, humans, the environment and the world on a whole. I highly recommend anyone to enrol in this journey of discovery known as Big History!

By Zhihong Y

Mar 27, 2018

Academic course especially with the bonus marks

By Rissah W

Aug 25, 2017

Amazing class! I loved the variety of speakers/teachers. It kept my attention, tied ideas together beautifully, and was incredibly enjoyable. I would highly recommend this class!

By Anne L G

Sep 19, 2016

Excellent course. It is worth your time to to learn about our scientific origin story.

By Ella K

Nov 28, 2015

Incredible course in every way: Highly competent lecturers, excellent video quality in both content and production, great pacing and delivery of information and dozens of links to engaging resource material.

One of the best MOOCs I have ever participated in: fun, informative and intriguing!

By potsang

Aug 01, 2016

I recommend it to everyone who's curious about how we got to where we are now.

By Arash F

Mar 21, 2016

The Best and the most fundamental course for every human being. (I'm serious)

By Yap Y H A

Oct 01, 2016

This is a fantastic and comprehensive course. If I had to nit-pick, it would be questioning the particular coverage placed upon China in the sub-topic of "How did Modernity evolve after the Industrial Revolution?" and the seemingly critical view taken towards its modernisation.

One point in particular was "We've achieved a war over nature. Where we've done it, there's a cost to ourselves, as the intensifying flooding in Shanghai often illustrates. Early in October 2013, Shanghai was hit by two typhoons which came together and saturated Shanghai with the heaviest rainfall ever recorded." I'm not a Chinese citizen, but it sounded to me like China received her due comeuppance, which I felt was a little uncalled for.

While China's trade opening may be significant in world trade, I'm not sure if the particular in-depth coverage on China in relevance to the question, is a stretch.

By eleni m

Jul 27, 2017

Superb, exciting course with excellent professors giving out comprehensible knowledge! Very well organized...congratulations.

Changed and enriched the way I see the world!

E.M.

By Hyunsook K

Jan 04, 2016

Big History, Big step.

By Jaime R

Sep 07, 2016

Great introduction to the big history concept. Awesome production. Content of the last two weeks is significantly weaker than the rest though

By Caroline B

Dec 27, 2016

An amazing and very insightful course. This is the one origin story I will tell from now on.

By Mahsa J

May 10, 2017

Such an interesting and informative course

By Terezinha M M

Oct 19, 2017

Este é o meu primeiro curso e gostei demais. Tive dificuldades porque não sou fluente em inglês. Para compreender a matéria, tive que traduzir tudo, mesmo assim valeu a pena. Por não saber, deixei de participar do forum, o que teria me ajudado ainda mais. Acredito que a troca de conhecimento ajuda muito os alunos a compreenderem e participarem dos cursos. O curso também cumpre uma metodologia que faz o aluno pensar, ao invés de oferecer respostas prontas. Muito bom!

By Vladimir

Jun 27, 2017

Absolutely amazing course!

It's not only fun and intense, but a coherent story with facts conveyed in most interesting way. Allows to have a view of a BIG picture and even scale the view to a more local periods.

Thank you Creators! That is a great Journey! Thanks!

This is the rare course to return enjoy later again. And somehow, I'm sure I will.