Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

76 - 100 of 258 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By leslie l

May 04, 2016

This is a very simple course about complexity. I do a lot of rabbit holeing so found the lectures a good way to organize further reading and research on various topics. would recommend this class highly

By Anthony S

Nov 03, 2016

A fascintating approach to historical inquiry. I learnt a lot and enjoyed every minute!

By Kateryna S

Jun 07, 2016

Liked the way course is organized, posing questions at the beginning of each lecture is a great idea.

By Laura T

Jan 18, 2016

It was such a fascinating journey through time, knowledge, within myself and into the universe! I loved every moment of it and now I am touched because it's over. Nevertheless, I know Big History is in me, just as I am part of It (as small as, and apparently, insignificant one may seem) and I am full of gratitude towards the entire warm-hearted, generous, intelligent, very highly skilled and talented Big History team. Thank you very much indeed!

By Md. R I

Feb 28, 2016

I wish this will be a nice and interesting course.

By Florina C

Jan 19, 2016

I recommend this course as I enjoyed every bit of it!

Apr 14, 2016

Absolutely amazing. Every detail of this course has been done with the perfect combination of precision and beauty.

By Gregory H

Jun 12, 2018

Very good overview of the history of the universe. Provided an amazing "big picture" helping me to organize other courses I have taken that focused on specific eras in history. For example, where do dinosaurs fit in relative to mammals or plants. It makes it much easier to study the details of shorter historical periods. Highly recommended.

By Luis H S J

Jan 20, 2017

Its an excelent Course. I really learned a lot from the universe.

By Benjamin E

Aug 09, 2016

Really really awesome course! Thank you so much! :)

By Robert S

May 09, 2017

Excellent course! This is a thorough presentation of a difficult subject with experts in the various fields explaining how their field (area of expertise) connects with or is dependent on other fields. Prior to this course I thought of history more in terms of written or archeological evidence. This course included astronomy, chemistry, biology, geology and other fields I would not ordinarily think of as history.

By Tun L A

Aug 31, 2017

I love Big History:

By Kat

Apr 10, 2016

Loved this course and I am recommending it to everybody I meet. A truly refreshing perspective on life, the universe and everything!

By Katharina M

Oct 19, 2015

Thank you for this great opportunity!

By Ricardo V

Dec 30, 2015

Absolutely awesome! Thank you.

By Kelly

Nov 03, 2015

What a wonderful course! This is a unique perspective that links human history with science and the very beginnings of our universe.

By Tristan S

Dec 02, 2015

This is the history course I should have been taught at school!

By Mary F

Jul 19, 2017

wonderful! thank you

By vytautas d

Mar 30, 2016

I am amazed by this eye opening course. THANK YOU!

By Magnus M

Nov 19, 2015

Various professors which are inspiring and knowledgable.

Good format, short videos and links for digging deeper.

But it´s a five star course because I enjoy being flabbergasted with my origin myth.

By Asif S B

Jun 21, 2016

Awesome project, awe-inspiring teachers.

By Fernando R

Mar 15, 2016

Great course!

By David D

Sep 21, 2016

Totally enjoyable. The videos are professional, varied and so informative. Comparing the quiz to some others , I found they were better formulated and less ambiguous.

Personally I feel I learned an amazing amount in a short time span and bother the content and pace were stimulating! so bravo!

This is the type of general knowledge everyone should have but probably 90 % only have a rough, inaccurate or no awareness whatsoever. This could be run even at the school level, it could stimulate future scientists.

By Gabriel V D

Jun 04, 2016

An excellent course with highly dynamic and interesting teaching staff. A mind blowing introduction to critical thinking and a eye opener as to different ways to view our world and knowledge in general.

By shanhuiyu