Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

101 - 125 of 258 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By William E

Jul 30, 2017

Extremely informative and very much enjoyed completing the course

By Zhihong Y

Mar 27, 2018

Academic course especially with the bonus marks

By José M R G

Feb 26, 2016

Impressive, amazing and the really explanation of everything!!

By Guillermo A

Jun 08, 2016

Very insightful, entertainment and comprehensive. I strongly encourage it to anyone interested in having a holistic understanding of our Universe and its history.

By Haniyah B

Jun 05, 2017

I really enjoy studying this course. They explain all the topics in a detailed way.

Great job!

By Michael A S H

Nov 23, 2017

This course is engaging, informative and enlightening. It will broaden your views of yourself, the cosmos, humans, the environment and the world on a whole. I highly recommend anyone to enrol in this journey of discovery known as Big History!

By David H

Feb 20, 2017

Quite comprehensive. Intriguing presentations.

By Renzo D V

Dec 22, 2016

Excellent and very well done.

By Darren G

Nov 25, 2015

Incredible course.

By Carlos A P

Jul 27, 2016

The high quality of videos and content makes this course an outstanding, fantastic and entertainment MOOC course for everyone who wish to learn the big history that is hidding in the Universe. Thanks coursera and macquare University for let us access to this beatiful show of altruism and openness, both of you deserve not only a big five star but a great standing applasue. Congratulations great course.

All my best Coursera community,

Carlos Arturo Pimentel.

By Jaime R

Sep 07, 2016

Great introduction to the big history concept. Awesome production. Content of the last two weeks is significantly weaker than the rest though

By Caroline B

Dec 27, 2016

An amazing and very insightful course. This is the one origin story I will tell from now on.

By Mahsa J

May 10, 2017

Such an interesting and informative course

By Terezinha M M

Oct 19, 2017

Este é o meu primeiro curso e gostei demais. Tive dificuldades porque não sou fluente em inglês. Para compreender a matéria, tive que traduzir tudo, mesmo assim valeu a pena. Por não saber, deixei de participar do forum, o que teria me ajudado ainda mais. Acredito que a troca de conhecimento ajuda muito os alunos a compreenderem e participarem dos cursos. O curso também cumpre uma metodologia que faz o aluno pensar, ao invés de oferecer respostas prontas. Muito bom!

By Vladimir

Jun 27, 2017

Absolutely amazing course!

It's not only fun and intense, but a coherent story with facts conveyed in most interesting way. Allows to have a view of a BIG picture and even scale the view to a more local periods.

Thank you Creators! That is a great Journey! Thanks!

This is the rare course to return enjoy later again. And somehow, I'm sure I will.

By leslie l

May 04, 2016

This is a very simple course about complexity. I do a lot of rabbit holeing so found the lectures a good way to organize further reading and research on various topics. would recommend this class highly

By Anthony S

Nov 03, 2016

A fascintating approach to historical inquiry. I learnt a lot and enjoyed every minute!

By Kateryna S

Jun 07, 2016

Liked the way course is organized, posing questions at the beginning of each lecture is a great idea.

By Laura T

Jan 18, 2016

It was such a fascinating journey through time, knowledge, within myself and into the universe! I loved every moment of it and now I am touched because it's over. Nevertheless, I know Big History is in me, just as I am part of It (as small as, and apparently, insignificant one may seem) and I am full of gratitude towards the entire warm-hearted, generous, intelligent, very highly skilled and talented Big History team. Thank you very much indeed!

By Md. R I

Feb 28, 2016

I wish this will be a nice and interesting course.

By Kat

Apr 10, 2016

Loved this course and I am recommending it to everybody I meet. A truly refreshing perspective on life, the universe and everything!

By Katharina M

Oct 19, 2015

Thank you for this great opportunity!

By Ricardo V

Dec 30, 2015

Absolutely awesome! Thank you.

By Kelly

Nov 03, 2015

What a wonderful course! This is a unique perspective that links human history with science and the very beginnings of our universe.

By Tristan S

Dec 02, 2015

This is the history course I should have been taught at school!