Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

126 - 150 of 258 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Mary F

Jul 19, 2017

wonderful! thank you

By vytautas d

Mar 30, 2016

I am amazed by this eye opening course. THANK YOU!

By Magnus M

Nov 19, 2015

Various professors which are inspiring and knowledgable.

Good format, short videos and links for digging deeper.

But it´s a five star course because I enjoy being flabbergasted with my origin myth.

By Florina C

Jan 19, 2016

I recommend this course as I enjoyed every bit of it!

Apr 14, 2016

Absolutely amazing. Every detail of this course has been done with the perfect combination of precision and beauty.

By Gregory H

Jun 12, 2018

Very good overview of the history of the universe. Provided an amazing "big picture" helping me to organize other courses I have taken that focused on specific eras in history. For example, where do dinosaurs fit in relative to mammals or plants. It makes it much easier to study the details of shorter historical periods. Highly recommended.

By Luis H S J

Jan 20, 2017

Its an excelent Course. I really learned a lot from the universe.

By Benjamin E

Aug 09, 2016

Really really awesome course! Thank you so much! :)

By Robert S

May 09, 2017

Excellent course! This is a thorough presentation of a difficult subject with experts in the various fields explaining how their field (area of expertise) connects with or is dependent on other fields. Prior to this course I thought of history more in terms of written or archeological evidence. This course included astronomy, chemistry, biology, geology and other fields I would not ordinarily think of as history.

By Tun L A

Aug 31, 2017

I love Big History:

By Asif S B

Jun 21, 2016

Awesome project, awe-inspiring teachers.

By Fernando R

Mar 15, 2016

Great course!

By David D

Sep 21, 2016

Totally enjoyable. The videos are professional, varied and so informative. Comparing the quiz to some others , I found they were better formulated and less ambiguous.

Personally I feel I learned an amazing amount in a short time span and bother the content and pace were stimulating! so bravo!

This is the type of general knowledge everyone should have but probably 90 % only have a rough, inaccurate or no awareness whatsoever. This could be run even at the school level, it could stimulate future scientists.

By Gabriel V D

Jun 04, 2016

An excellent course with highly dynamic and interesting teaching staff. A mind blowing introduction to critical thinking and a eye opener as to different ways to view our world and knowledge in general.

By shanhuiyu

Absolutely impressive! Learning a lot

By Karon K

Jul 04, 2016

Thank You!

I have been waiting for a course like this for a very long time....

By Kousay a

Dec 22, 2015

Excellent course of history of our origin.

By Abelardo Q F J

Dec 17, 2015

A very pleasant narrative from our story from the Big Band to present days connecting many areas of knwoledeg from astrophysics to genetics, passing through geology, archeology, anthropology, ancient and modern history, economy amomg others.

By Bernie N

Jun 10, 2016

Excellent course in integrating all the 'ologies' that give insight into how it all came together from the Big Bang to the development of life to a vision of the future landscape of human existence.

Excellent presenters, the right level of subject matter content and an exceptional level of production quality.

A great job done by the entire staff and much appreciated.

By Bill G

Jan 07, 2016

Aug 09, 2016

An amazing course, everyone should try out!

By Hakan M K

Sep 18, 2016

big history is a good course for everybody who interest history

By madeleine d

Apr 11, 2016

Riveting lectures. Weaves knowledge from astronomy, physics, chemistry, economics, anthropology, genetics, geology, etc. into history. Enthusiastic presenters, unique assembly of knowledge, comprehensive coverage, entertaining and informative. Highly recommended.

By Amita V