Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

176 - 200 of 258 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Leela Y

Feb 12, 2016

I love how experts from a variety of different fields of studies participated in creating this course!

By Aakriti C

Oct 16, 2016

Exceptional course! I learned so much in such a little span of time. :) Would recommend it to everyone.

By Álvaro D O F

Nov 13, 2016

Wonderful course! It really should be taught in every school.

By Thomas P

Jul 31, 2017

Fantastic! Highly recommend.

By Miguel M

Sep 19, 2016

Muy buen curso! en verdad provee informacion precisa y de manera muy didactica, recomendado!

By Mel F

Feb 13, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course, I have always been interested i the "Big Picture" of history and the Universe and this course fit the bill. Easy to understand and very well done. My sincere thanks to the teachers that put their time and effort into making this course great!

By Zhihong Y

Mar 27, 2018

Academic course especially with the bonus marks

By Nathan L

Jul 17, 2017

GREAT

By Colin C

Aug 29, 2018

Excellent course.

By Kirsty A

Aug 30, 2018

Really worthwhile. A great overview of the history of the universe and taste of the different disciplines involved.

By Jay S

Aug 18, 2018

This is by far the most imaginative course I have ever been exposed to following a lifetime of classes at all levels of complexity.

By Blanka G C

Sep 03, 2018

This is the most useful and comprehensive class I've ever taken, thank you!

By Dino H

Nov 23, 2018

A rich set of videos and articles available to help you get familiar with the subject.

By Melissa H

Aug 05, 2018

Fantastic course, well presented, informative, interesting and left me with many questions wanting to know more about our past, present and future!

By Francisca B

Apr 25, 2019

Excellent course, I highly recommend it.

By Maggie M

May 24, 2019

An amazing course. Well presented information. Easy to follow. Very useful. I have learnt a lot from this course. Highly recommended.

By Benjamin L T

Jun 16, 2019

I loved this course. the insight it gives into the intricacy of the universe while providing help in critical thinking. I would 100% suggest this to a fellow history guru

By John T

Jun 10, 2019

Wide ranging and thought-provoking - helps put things into perspective, (though occasionally the tone is a little bit preachy) - lot of follow-up reading to do, starting with books by David Christian. Highly recommended.

By Elle B

Jul 17, 2019

This is such an eye opening course! So interesting and engaging with all the information that blows your mind! Highly recommend.

By NJriki

Jul 19, 2019

One of the best courses I've ever studied. The trans-disciplinary approach is amazing. It simplifies things, yet it opens windows to other fields. I now know more about universe, about life and most importantly about myself.

By Victor J R

Jul 22, 2019

Excellent introduction to the field

By Shubham B G

Aug 04, 2019

Great course because it provides critical thinking skills and broadens my understanding of past and current scientific theories. More importantly, it changed my perspective and approach to my life and studies. I am now more open-minded to new and challenging study/literal/life skills and concepts that I would not attempt before. I have become more confident within myself to accept challenging decisions and approach everything with a clear and open mind.

By Isaac M Á

Jul 01, 2019

What a great course!

By Joey S

Jul 10, 2019

This course taught me a new appreciation for the natural sciences by grounding them in a fascinating, evidence-based narrative. Anyone with a naturally historical mind who wishes to gain a fuller understanding and appreciation of science will have their life changed by Big History.

By Mark S

Sep 01, 2019

A brilliant course. I am fascinated by David Christians central premise about a multidisciplinary study spanning the whole of creation. The course videos are well constructed, engaging and easy to understand. These are backed up by a wealth of glossary's, timelines and supplementary readings. A great course for lovers of learning.