Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

1 - 25 of 258 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Marina I

Nov 13, 2018

From the very beginning of this course I was excited. For some time now I wanted to bring my fragmentary knowledges to order. So my hopes were high. And, oh boy, I wasn’t disappointed. Not only I filled in the blanks but I learned so many new things. I would recommend Big History to anyone regardless of their job or field of interest. It’s very well structured and it’s the most advanced course I ever took on Coursera in terms of design and preparation. Lecturers are really engaged. Topics are numerous and fascinating. I could go on and on but the major point is that I enjoyed these six week a lot and that was a time well spent.

By S K M M a a

Dec 18, 2018

This course is the best way to learn about our origin and our future.I recommend everyone to take this course.

By David H

Jan 26, 2019

Brilliant and fascinating course. I will complete it one day.

Thanks, David, Christchurch, New Zealand

By James R B

Feb 02, 2019

Excellent course design and teaching. Professor Christian and the YouTube adjuncts play a central role in the course, but many disciplines are represented. This cosmology/cosmogony course is filled with information. The paper, while it might seem to be a hassle, is actually a good exercise in pulling the course ideas together over the journey from 13.8bya to the future.

By George I

Apr 04, 2019

Fantastic course which should be required of every high school student in the world. The true scope of "history" is far too limited and thus not understood. This course lays out the proper meaning of history. We can know history because we have discovered a lot of the facts in the past fifty years.

By Mohan S

Aug 01, 2017

By Gerardo B

Jan 25, 2019

Awesome

By Tara G

Dec 29, 2018

An amazing course. Learned so much about cosmology!

By Matthew

Sep 28, 2016

fun

By Laura B

Jun 06, 2017

Great. Everyone should do it. It is, after all, the universe.

By ammar a

Feb 24, 2016

thank you very much for your efforts on this course

By Virgilio S

Aug 25, 2016

Excelente

By Hamid S

Mar 28, 2016

excellent reconnection of knowledges obtained through reductionist methodology

By Aleksey R

Jun 08, 2016

I've enjoyed this course. Thanks a lot.

By Ricardo C

Dec 03, 2015

This was an amazing adventure. I was really pleased to be part of Big History. I'd recommend everyone who's interested in history to check this course out.

By Jorge V

Aug 09, 2016

A very professional and complete course about the history of the whole universe.

By François P

Feb 23, 2016

Exellent course, with

By Sammy L

Dec 03, 2015

A fundamental course everyone should take!

By Marlene F

Aug 23, 2016

I have really enjoyed all of the lectures just for my own personal knowledge! ! Well done!

By Roberto M R

Oct 13, 2015

Probably the best of Coursera's courses

By Marilyn G

Mar 13, 2016

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS

By Angelina W

Jan 06, 2016

This course covers a lot of complex material in a concise and approachable manner. It is possible to understand the content (and most importantly learn about the subject) without having a scientific background.

By Esmeralda G K

Dec 15, 2017

A fantastic travel through the path of our universe and how we got to know it. Thanks for offering it to a wide range of avid learners.

By Bruno L d S

Jan 19, 2016

A super well structured course with high quality lectures and enveloped in a deeply interesting narrative.

By Bee_r

Mar 11, 2017

good teachers,enlightened course gives me a way to go back and forward the big history about the whole uneverse