Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

SA
Jul 1, 2020

I absolutely LOVED Big History! It's so interesting and insightful!! I highly recommend everyone to take this course, you will learn a lot about the world! Thank you Professor Christian and Baker!! :)

BG
Jan 6, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

101 - 125 of 410 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By leslie l

May 4, 2016

This is a very simple course about complexity. I do a lot of rabbit holeing so found the lectures a good way to organize further reading and research on various topics. would recommend this class highly

By Gabriel V D

Jun 3, 2016

An excellent course with highly dynamic and interesting teaching staff. A mind blowing introduction to critical thinking and a eye opener as to different ways to view our world and knowledge in general.

By στηΣφαιρα τ

Mar 24, 2016

Very interesting, unbelievable professors and very clear use of the English language, that made the course easy (even in subjects I was not familiar with) for me since it is not my native language...

By Magnus M

Nov 19, 2015

Various professors which are inspiring and knowledgable.

Good format, short videos and links for digging deeper.

But it´s a five star course because I enjoy being flabbergasted with my origin myth.

By A S

Aug 28, 2020

This course is an eye-opener. I took it out of curiosity and interests in history in general. There is so much more than history in this course. Well structured and well-respected professors.

By XIANGYU S

Oct 6, 2020

So good~! I really a lot from this course~! The first two parts are difficult to me. A lot of academic vocabulary for universe. However, I made it~! Thanks all the teachers in this course~!

By Patricia C

Apr 9, 2018

I found that this course open my eyes and mind to our very existence in this world. Starting from the beginning of time the Big Bang. Awesome course. Will recommend this course. Thank You.

By Ratu N H

Jul 13, 2020

I really gained so much knowledge here. This is the most comprehensive course that could explain history from the beginning of the beginning with the insight of multi-discipline scholars.

By Joy T

Feb 27, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. The way it was presented was a good balance of science and storytelling. The moves between multidisciplinary perspectives were handled smoothly. Good job!

By Isabella M

Dec 7, 2020

Excellent presentation of videos. Easy to follow instructions. A must do course as it connects our knowledge to history throughout all times. I liked the goal settings and the forum.

By Tori B

Apr 6, 2016

Great course! Tons of information explained in easy to understand terms. Lecturers were, by and large, enthusiastic and engaging. Plenty of extra material provided for further study.

By Kao C L

May 6, 2020

Grateful for such immense research and insights sharing. Every human should learn of this big history and how it connects to gain better perspective and understanding of existence.

By Mrinal V

Jul 23, 2020

One of the best courses on Coursera. It helps connect together the interdisciplinary fields in Science as well as transdisciplinary fileds in Humanities. Thank you for this gift!

By Laercio M M J

Oct 28, 2017

Amazing... with you have any wish to understand how all the subjects interact with each other to explain our history, this is for you! It envolves physics, chemical, history etc.

By Rissah W

Aug 25, 2017

Amazing class! I loved the variety of speakers/teachers. It kept my attention, tied ideas together beautifully, and was incredibly enjoyable. I would highly recommend this class!

By Minh N

Oct 22, 2020

I recommend this course for anyone. However, you should work very hard, read and watch a lot to see how beautiful this course is. Use the Khan academy also to learn this course

By Anant k

Sep 27, 2020

The course is well structured. I got a lot to learn. How all disciplines are connected to each other and reveal this big story of us and the universe. I recommend to everyone.

By eleni m

Jul 27, 2017

Superb, exciting course with excellent professors giving out comprehensible knowledge! Very well organized...congratulations.

Changed and enriched the way I see the world!

E.M.

By Mac A M

Sep 15, 2020

Very interesting, it gave me some elements of connection between the different sciences that I was not very clear about. It was definitely very entertaining and interesting.

By Benjamin L T

Jun 16, 2019

I loved this course. the insight it gives into the intricacy of the universe while providing help in critical thinking. I would 100% suggest this to a fellow history guru

By Shreyas S

Jul 19, 2020

Exciting course. It forces you to look at the world around us from an outsider's perspective. It shows us that we can use our knowledge to make the world a better place.

By Tracy T

Jun 1, 2016

An EXCELLENT multi-disciplinary course that provides a though-provoking overview of world history. The videos are interesting, the additional resources fascinating.

By Virginia K

Jul 7, 2020

Fascinating, extremely well presented and a must for all people who want to understand our world and just where each of us stand in that world. A real eye opener!

By Guillermo A

Jun 8, 2016

Very insightful, entertainment and comprehensive. I strongly encourage it to anyone interested in having a holistic understanding of our Universe and its history.

By Santanu s

Feb 7, 2020

Fascinating and clear content. A concise to get a glimpse of complete history what matters, starting from big bang to the current complex world we are living in