Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

SA
Jul 1, 2020

I absolutely LOVED Big History! It's so interesting and insightful!! I highly recommend everyone to take this course, you will learn a lot about the world! Thank you Professor Christian and Baker!! :)

BG
Jan 6, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

126 - 150 of 416 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Santanu s

Feb 7, 2020

Fascinating and clear content. A concise to get a glimpse of complete history what matters, starting from big bang to the current complex world we are living in

By Katarzyna B

Jan 17, 2016

A sweeping journey throughout the story of everything - an overwhelming subject championed in a tractable way with both a mind-boggling and sobering message.

By Cameron W

Oct 29, 2019

Gave me a great insight into the different theories of how the world was created and many more. Great course. Very interesting and would strongly recommend.

By Mike C

Mar 8, 2021

I found this course very interesting. It was presented very well and provided a lot of supporting material for students to do further study if interested.

By Ricardo C

Dec 3, 2015

This was an amazing adventure. I was really pleased to be part of Big History. I'd recommend everyone who's interested in history to check this course out.

By Kalyana S

Jul 4, 2020

the course Design was amazing. Prof Christian and Dr Baker are the soul and cake of the course. Relished every bit of TIME ... in the cascading Knowledge.

By Galina B

May 3, 2021

Great introduction into history, the complexity of the universe and how different disciplines - like physics, science, biology and history are connected.

By Yvonne F

Mar 14, 2017

Enlightening! The Big History framework/perspective provides both an anchor and a compass for our journey through life - it's basic scientific literacy.

By Stefanos A B

Jun 11, 2016

The lectures are really well made, with nice animations underlining the material. I also enjoy the diversity of topics covered by different teachers.

By Melissa H

Aug 5, 2018

Fantastic course, well presented, informative, interesting and left me with many questions wanting to know more about our past, present and future!

By Dr. W K

Apr 14, 2016

A great eye opener and excellently presented. The rise of complexity as a driving force of development and evolution was a great learning point.

By Jaime R

Sep 7, 2016

Great introduction to the big history concept. Awesome production. Content of the last two weeks is significantly weaker than the rest though

By Aryan P

Apr 9, 2018

This is a great course for individuals that want to enhance their knowledge on the history of the universe since 13.8 billion years ago.

By Esmeralda G K

Dec 15, 2017

A fantastic travel through the path of our universe and how we got to know it. Thanks for offering it to a wide range of avid learners.

By Sanjeev S

Jun 26, 2020

This course content is structured very well. One main benefit is we can get to know about our history from experts in various fields.

By Maggie M

May 24, 2019

An amazing course. Well presented information. Easy to follow. Very useful. I have learnt a lot from this course. Highly recommended.

By Kat

Apr 10, 2016

Loved this course and I am recommending it to everybody I meet. A truly refreshing perspective on life, the universe and everything!

By Severin K

Feb 18, 2016

Truly insightful and enjoyable big picture course. Much effort must have gone into its preparation. Makes you want to to learn more.

By Kelly

Nov 2, 2015

What a wonderful course! This is a unique perspective that links human history with science and the very beginnings of our universe.

By Jay S

Aug 18, 2018

This is by far the most imaginative course I have ever been exposed to following a lifetime of classes at all levels of complexity.

By Elle B

Jul 17, 2019

This is such an eye opening course! So interesting and engaging with all the information that blows your mind! Highly recommend.

By Varis H

Jan 25, 2021

Amazing depiction of the world around us. The course was put together extremely well and was interesting the whole way through!

By Keerthi.G

May 14, 2020

the course was really intriguing, was able to learn different disciplines in one course. really liked the video lectures too.

By Vivienne D

Jun 25, 2016

Great course! I learned a lot and enjoyed it very much. Great to get all the extra reading material on the various subjects.

By Agustin M

Jun 20, 2020

It is a great course backed by the experience and knowledge of Professor David Christian as a further guarantee of quality.