Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

176 - 200 of 258 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By στηΣφαιρα τ

Mar 24, 2016

Very interesting, unbelievable professors and very clear use of the English language, that made the course easy (even in subjects I was not familiar with) for me since it is not my native language...

By Jeff J

Jan 17, 2017

excelent

By Mellissa E

Aug 10, 2016

So many new awesome things to learn from this course. I enjoy checking out the provided resources as well.

By Chloe P

Jun 04, 2017

I loved this course! The content was super interesting and a joy to learn about it. I recommend it to all!

By Nick A T

May 29, 2017

very compelling, interesting and fulfilling course

By Mohammed M A F

Jun 28, 2017

Very Informative. It changed my perspective of science. A sincere thanks to all the team and specially Mr. David Christian.

By Ugochukwu V O

Jul 04, 2017

Mind Opening Epoch

By Luis W

Feb 27, 2018

A must for every person!

Thanks for an enjoyable and instructive course

By Aryan P

Apr 09, 2018

This is a great course for individuals that want to enhance their knowledge on the history of the universe since 13.8 billion years ago.

By Patricia C

Apr 10, 2018

I found that this course open my eyes and mind to our very existence in this world. Starting from the beginning of time the Big Bang. Awesome course. Will recommend this course. Thank You.

By Mayte M

Mar 12, 2018

I agree this course need to be part of the Education system world wide, it will help humans to evolve and to be aware of the importance of our mistakes in the past. I believe this course is one of the best.

By sheena

Apr 09, 2018

It's been one of the best periods of my studying life taking this Big History course. I have learned so much and it has made me even hungrier to acquire further knowledge in this new field. I plan on doing the course again (unofficially) but this time I would like to be able to really go through all the Amazing resources that the course provides. I have already purchased a few books and plan to purchase more. Now I need to read them. I have discovered some wonderful lecturers, specialists in their fields and would like to thank each and every one of them for all their dedication and hard work. Everybody in the world should be invited to do this course. We should not be allowed to live on this planet without knowing what Big History teaches us. It is so important to understand where we come from, how fragile we all are and the challenges we face if we cannot start repecting our home, because we are talking about our home

By Maggie M

May 24, 2019

An amazing course. Well presented information. Easy to follow. Very useful. I have learnt a lot from this course. Highly recommended.

By John T

Jun 10, 2019

Wide ranging and thought-provoking - helps put things into perspective, (though occasionally the tone is a little bit preachy) - lot of follow-up reading to do, starting with books by David Christian. Highly recommended.

By Benjamin L T

Jun 16, 2019

I loved this course. the insight it gives into the intricacy of the universe while providing help in critical thinking. I would 100% suggest this to a fellow history guru

By Marcos S

Jun 11, 2019

Every history buff, enthusiast and ALL history teachers out there should take this course.

We've taken history and taught it from an ethnocentric point of view for far too long.

Big history will give you the framework to shift your thinking about history from just "history begins with writing" to "we are all connected from the beginning"

By Isaac M Á

Jul 01, 2019

What a great course!

By Joey S

Jul 10, 2019

This course taught me a new appreciation for the natural sciences by grounding them in a fascinating, evidence-based narrative. Anyone with a naturally historical mind who wishes to gain a fuller understanding and appreciation of science will have their life changed by Big History.

By Elle B

Jul 17, 2019

This is such an eye opening course! So interesting and engaging with all the information that blows your mind! Highly recommend.

By NJriki

Jul 19, 2019

One of the best courses I've ever studied. The trans-disciplinary approach is amazing. It simplifies things, yet it opens windows to other fields. I now know more about universe, about life and most importantly about myself.

By Victor J R

Jul 22, 2019

Excellent introduction to the field

By Shubham B G

Aug 04, 2019

Great course because it provides critical thinking skills and broadens my understanding of past and current scientific theories. More importantly, it changed my perspective and approach to my life and studies. I am now more open-minded to new and challenging study/literal/life skills and concepts that I would not attempt before. I have become more confident within myself to accept challenging decisions and approach everything with a clear and open mind.

By Francisca B

Apr 25, 2019

Excellent course, I highly recommend it.