Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

SA
Jul 1, 2020

I absolutely LOVED Big History! It's so interesting and insightful!! I highly recommend everyone to take this course, you will learn a lot about the world! Thank you Professor Christian and Baker!! :)

BG
Jan 6, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

176 - 200 of 399 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Marlene F

Aug 23, 2016

I have really enjoyed all of the lectures just for my own personal knowledge! ! Well done!

By Steven R P

Jun 9, 2016

An excellent introduction to this fascinating new approach to history (and everything else).

By Shristi M

Jun 27, 2020

Exceptionally good teachers with so much knowledge to share

A wonderful experience

By Merten F

May 6, 2020

A great course to join with very authentic and enthusiastic lecturers. Highly recommended!

By frances f

Feb 14, 2016

A definite course to take. You learn so much and enjoy doing it. Can't recommend enough.

By Luis G M M

Dec 29, 2020

Excellent, very interesting. I liked the videos very much and the Crash Course is awsome.

By Abhijit B

May 7, 2016

Great course, fantastic presenters, smooth sailing and at the same time though inspiring.

By Hal S

Jan 24, 2016

Brilliant summation of knowledge of our universe from the beginning. Lucid and engaging.

By Lucas M O

Jun 15, 2020

A delightful course, plenty of beautiful and powerful insights on the Life and Universe

By Lachlan F

Aug 27, 2017

Great course, very insightful and helps widen ones perspective of the world we live in.

By Anthony S

Nov 3, 2016

A fascintating approach to historical inquiry. I learnt a lot and enjoyed every minute!

By Anne L G

Sep 19, 2016

Excellent course. It is worth your time to to learn about our scientific origin story.

By Dino H

Nov 23, 2018

A rich set of videos and articles available to help you get familiar with the subject.

By Mar�a T L S

Oct 27, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and learned about all the connections between sciences!

By Jorge V

Aug 9, 2016

A very professional and complete course about the history of the whole universe.

By Biplab G

May 6, 2020

Very well explained and covered almost all points with good visuals to explain.

By William S

Dec 12, 2019

This COURSE WAS LIIIIIIT. I want to give this more than 5 stars but am limited.

By Andrew C

Oct 20, 2019

A great beginners guide to understanding our origins and place in the universe.

By potsang

Aug 1, 2016

I recommend it to everyone who's curious about how we got to where we are now.

By Dr H S

Mar 28, 2016

excellent reconnection of knowledges obtained through reductionist methodology

By Pete H

Feb 16, 2016

Fantastic course - great content, very informative, and engaging presentations

By Stephen C H

Jan 26, 2021

extremely interesting and well structured

good reference sources for follow up

By Karon K

Jul 4, 2016

Thank You!

I have been waiting for a course like this for a very long time....

By Archer M (

Mar 21, 2016

The Best and the most fundamental course for every human being. (I'm serious)

By Blanka G C

Sep 3, 2018

This is the most useful and comprehensive class I've ever taken, thank you!