Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

SA
Jul 1, 2020

I absolutely LOVED Big History! It's so interesting and insightful!! I highly recommend everyone to take this course, you will learn a lot about the world! Thank you Professor Christian and Baker!! :)

BG
Jan 6, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

176 - 200 of 416 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Kateryna S

Jun 7, 2016

Liked the way course is organized, posing questions at the beginning of each lecture is a great idea.

By Εύη Σ

Feb 9, 2021

Great instructors and their virtual work. Attend Big History, there is much to gain in knowledge.

By Mike B

Dec 29, 2020

I loved this course - it was amazing and allowed me to go in depth about topics that interest me.

By cristobal m r

Aug 30, 2020

Great course! opened my mind to a whole new way of thinking of History and all sciences at onces

By Danielle D

May 5, 2016

This course has taught me so much and is very detailed and in depth. I recommend this to anyone

By Pietro D A

Jan 8, 2021

Inspiring lectures, papers and links. I will for sure use those references in the near future

By Mariano G U

Apr 16, 2020

Overall very interesting.

Though I find improvable the second part of the course (week 4-5-6).

By Haniyah B

Jun 5, 2017

I really enjoy studying this course. They explain all the topics in a detailed way.

Great job!

By Caroline B

Dec 27, 2016

An amazing and very insightful course. This is the one origin story I will tell from now on.

By Miguel M R

Sep 19, 2016

Muy buen curso! en verdad provee informacion precisa y de manera muy didactica, recomendado!

By Marlene F

Aug 23, 2016

I have really enjoyed all of the lectures just for my own personal knowledge! ! Well done!

By Steven R P

Jun 9, 2016

An excellent introduction to this fascinating new approach to history (and everything else).

By Shristi M

Jun 27, 2020

Exceptionally good teachers with so much knowledge to share

A wonderful experience

By Merten F

May 6, 2020

A great course to join with very authentic and enthusiastic lecturers. Highly recommended!

By frances f

Feb 14, 2016

A definite course to take. You learn so much and enjoy doing it. Can't recommend enough.

By Luis G M M

Dec 29, 2020

Excellent, very interesting. I liked the videos very much and the Crash Course is awsome.

By Abhijit B

May 7, 2016

Great course, fantastic presenters, smooth sailing and at the same time though inspiring.

By Hal S

Jan 24, 2016

Brilliant summation of knowledge of our universe from the beginning. Lucid and engaging.

By Lucas M O

Jun 15, 2020

A delightful course, plenty of beautiful and powerful insights on the Life and Universe

By Lachlan F

Aug 27, 2017

Great course, very insightful and helps widen ones perspective of the world we live in.

By Anthony S

Nov 3, 2016

A fascintating approach to historical inquiry. I learnt a lot and enjoyed every minute!

By Anne L G

Sep 19, 2016

Excellent course. It is worth your time to to learn about our scientific origin story.

By Dino H

Nov 23, 2018

A rich set of videos and articles available to help you get familiar with the subject.

By Mar�a T L S

Oct 27, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and learned about all the connections between sciences!

By Jorge V

Aug 9, 2016

A very professional and complete course about the history of the whole universe.