Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

26 - 50 of 262 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Mick H

Apr 02, 2016

Fascinating coverage of ALL of history. Great presenters

By Pete H

Feb 17, 2016

Fantastic course - great content, very informative, and engaging presentations

By vytautas d

Mar 30, 2016

I am amazed by this eye opening course. THANK YOU!

By Magnus M

Nov 19, 2015

Various professors which are inspiring and knowledgable.

Good format, short videos and links for digging deeper.

But it´s a five star course because I enjoy being flabbergasted with my origin myth.

By frances f

Feb 14, 2016

A definite course to take. You learn so much and enjoy doing it. Can't recommend enough.

By Soma B

Mar 09, 2016

This is a wonderful and absolutely mind-boggling course. I am so glad I got this opportunity to take this course and be introduced to this topic. The range of topics covered are diverse and they make you think of how it all began, your past, present and future. I will like to thank all the professors and contributors who made this course.

By Apurva S

Feb 29, 2016

I just love this topic. It is really fun and teaches you a lot.

By Stefanos A B

Jun 11, 2016

The lectures are really well made, with nice animations underlining the material. I also enjoy the diversity of topics covered by different teachers.

By Maxime B

Nov 28, 2015

everyone should take this course!!!

By Vivienne D

Jun 25, 2016

Great course! I learned a lot and enjoyed it very much. Great to get all the extra reading material on the various subjects.

By Luiza R Z

Apr 06, 2016

Fantastic course/

By Shahin V

Oct 25, 2016

wonderful

By Laercio M M J

Oct 28, 2017

Amazing... with you have any wish to understand how all the subjects interact with each other to explain our history, this is for you! It envolves physics, chemical, history etc.

By shakiba b

Feb 25, 2016

Interesting and insightful for those who are looking to find their position in the history of the whole universe.

By cristina s

Oct 02, 2016

Amazing

By Nancy W

Jun 19, 2017

Really great course! This is a great way to look at multiple sciences and areas of knowledge, and Big History is a cool concept. Reminds me of the old show "Connections" that related things in unexpected ways.

By César A D S

Oct 26, 2015

At this moment, this course has been really good.

By Miguel Á G M

Jun 08, 2016

A course that changes the way of seeing the history

By JOHN Q

Dec 07, 2015

An interesting perspective. I hadn't thought of combining all history into one outlook before. Thanks.

By Bart S

Oct 10, 2016

Great class, please repeat it

By Severin K

Feb 18, 2016

Truly insightful and enjoyable big picture course. Much effort must have gone into its preparation. Makes you want to to learn more.

By Mildred G

Mar 19, 2016

I am enjoying the course.

By Neil H

Apr 07, 2016

Excellent overview of 13.8bn years, places a history framework around the story of the Universe. uses the concept of thresholds to help explain how increasing complexity has led humans to where they are today.

By Alice Z

Nov 22, 2015

They speak clearly, allowing differences of opinions without insulting beliefs, break each segment into the components parts and giving current information on each so that a student has sufficient information to decide - and enjoy the 'claim tests'.

I have taken coursera courses in each of the segments as well as having higher ed in some that are nice to get up-to-date - and all in one place - to begin to see what Alex Humboldt called the web of the world.

By Richelle N E

Mar 15, 2016

Very nice! I like the variation and the montages of the video lectures very much. The variety really kept me enticed and paying attention throughout everything. This course would also be a perfect self-paced course. Interesting subject matter as well! Very important for everyone, to get a sense of where we are and where our lives fit into the bigger picture.