Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

26 - 50 of 250 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Kateryna S

Jun 07, 2016

Liked the way course is organized, posing questions at the beginning of each lecture is a great idea.

By Laura T

Jan 18, 2016

It was such a fascinating journey through time, knowledge, within myself and into the universe! I loved every moment of it and now I am touched because it's over. Nevertheless, I know Big History is in me, just as I am part of It (as small as, and apparently, insignificant one may seem) and I am full of gratitude towards the entire warm-hearted, generous, intelligent, very highly skilled and talented Big History team. Thank you very much indeed!

By Dr. W K

Apr 15, 2016

A great eye opener and excellently presented. The rise of complexity as a driving force of development and evolution was a great learning point.

By Willemijn L

Apr 24, 2016

I loved every minute of this course. I only watched the video's because of lack of time, but really was sorry when reaching the end. Iit is packed full with (new) insights, very entertaining with excellent quality images, comments from the various lecturers that will make you think in a more balanced way about the world we live in.

I did not know about Big History and signed up out of curiosity. However, I believe it should be mandatory for everybody to get this kind of connection of various disciplines to understand more of what got us here.

Strongly recommended!

By Christian K

Jun 13, 2017

Awesome approach. Really interesting how many subjects are put together.

By Md. R I

Feb 28, 2016

I wish this will be a nice and interesting course.

By Mick H

Apr 02, 2016

Fascinating coverage of ALL of history. Great presenters

By Pete H

Feb 17, 2016

Fantastic course - great content, very informative, and engaging presentations

By vytautas d

Mar 30, 2016

I am amazed by this eye opening course. THANK YOU!

By Omid M

Jan 11, 2016

Thanks for creating this course in very well organized format and sharing such an incredible overview of the history!

By Mohan S

Aug 01, 2017

By Magnus M

Nov 19, 2015

Various professors which are inspiring and knowledgable.

Good format, short videos and links for digging deeper.

But it´s a five star course because I enjoy being flabbergasted with my origin myth.

By frances f

Feb 14, 2016

A definite course to take. You learn so much and enjoy doing it. Can't recommend enough.

By Soma B

Mar 09, 2016

This is a wonderful and absolutely mind-boggling course. I am so glad I got this opportunity to take this course and be introduced to this topic. The range of topics covered are diverse and they make you think of how it all began, your past, present and future. I will like to thank all the professors and contributors who made this course.

By Apurva S

Feb 29, 2016

I just love this topic. It is really fun and teaches you a lot.

By Hal S

Jan 25, 2016

Brilliant summation of knowledge of our universe from the beginning. Lucid and engaging.

By Stefanos A B

Jun 11, 2016

The lectures are really well made, with nice animations underlining the material. I also enjoy the diversity of topics covered by different teachers.

By Maxime B

Nov 28, 2015

everyone should take this course!!!

By Vivienne D

Jun 25, 2016

Great course! I learned a lot and enjoyed it very much. Great to get all the extra reading material on the various subjects.

By Luiza R Z

Apr 06, 2016

Fantastic course/

By Shahin V

Oct 25, 2016

wonderful

By Laercio M M J

Oct 28, 2017

Amazing... with you have any wish to understand how all the subjects interact with each other to explain our history, this is for you! It envolves physics, chemical, history etc.

By shakiba b

Feb 25, 2016

Interesting and insightful for those who are looking to find their position in the history of the whole universe.

By cristina s

Oct 02, 2016

Amazing

By Nancy W

Jun 19, 2017

Really great course! This is a great way to look at multiple sciences and areas of knowledge, and Big History is a cool concept. Reminds me of the old show "Connections" that related things in unexpected ways.