Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

76 - 100 of 267 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Katarzyna K

Jan 17, 2016

A sweeping journey throughout the story of everything - an overwhelming subject championed in a tractable way with both a mind-boggling and sobering message.

By Cameron W

Oct 29, 2019

Gave me a great insight into the different theories of how the world was created and many more. Great course. Very interesting and would strongly recommend.

By Ricardo C

Dec 03, 2015

This was an amazing adventure. I was really pleased to be part of Big History. I'd recommend everyone who's interested in history to check this course out.

By Yvonne F

Mar 14, 2017

Enlightening! The Big History framework/perspective provides both an anchor and a compass for our journey through life - it's basic scientific literacy.

By Stefanos A B

Jun 11, 2016

The lectures are really well made, with nice animations underlining the material. I also enjoy the diversity of topics covered by different teachers.

By Melissa H

Aug 05, 2018

Fantastic course, well presented, informative, interesting and left me with many questions wanting to know more about our past, present and future!

By Dr. W K

Apr 15, 2016

A great eye opener and excellently presented. The rise of complexity as a driving force of development and evolution was a great learning point.

By Jaime R

Sep 07, 2016

Great introduction to the big history concept. Awesome production. Content of the last two weeks is significantly weaker than the rest though

By Aryan P

Apr 09, 2018

This is a great course for individuals that want to enhance their knowledge on the history of the universe since 13.8 billion years ago.

By Esmeralda G K

Dec 15, 2017

A fantastic travel through the path of our universe and how we got to know it. Thanks for offering it to a wide range of avid learners.

By Maggie M

May 24, 2019

An amazing course. Well presented information. Easy to follow. Very useful. I have learnt a lot from this course. Highly recommended.

By Kat

Apr 10, 2016

Loved this course and I am recommending it to everybody I meet. A truly refreshing perspective on life, the universe and everything!

By Severin K

Feb 18, 2016

Truly insightful and enjoyable big picture course. Much effort must have gone into its preparation. Makes you want to to learn more.

By Kelly

Nov 03, 2015

What a wonderful course! This is a unique perspective that links human history with science and the very beginnings of our universe.

By Jay S

Aug 18, 2018

This is by far the most imaginative course I have ever been exposed to following a lifetime of classes at all levels of complexity.

By Elle B

Jul 17, 2019

This is such an eye opening course! So interesting and engaging with all the information that blows your mind! Highly recommend.

By Vivienne D

Jun 25, 2016

Great course! I learned a lot and enjoyed it very much. Great to get all the extra reading material on the various subjects.

By Francisco J d o (

Sep 03, 2019

A connection of all knowledge into one line of understanding of our beautiful and mysterious universe. Thank you very much.

By Mohammed M A F

Jun 28, 2017

Very Informative. It changed my perspective of science. A sincere thanks to all the team and specially Mr. David Christian.

By Omid M

Jan 11, 2016

Thanks for creating this course in very well organized format and sharing such an incredible overview of the history!

By Abizer M

Sep 29, 2016

This course certainly connected all the knowledge I had about the Universe and where we are heading towards and why.

By Kirsty A

Aug 30, 2018

Really worthwhile. A great overview of the history of the universe and taste of the different disciplines involved.

Apr 14, 2016

Absolutely amazing. Every detail of this course has been done with the perfect combination of precision and beauty.

By shakiba b

Feb 25, 2016

Interesting and insightful for those who are looking to find their position in the history of the whole universe.

By Bee_r

Mar 11, 2017

good teachers,enlightened course gives me a way to go back and forward the big history about the whole uneverse