Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

101 - 125 of 265 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Mellissa E

Aug 10, 2016

So many new awesome things to learn from this course. I enjoy checking out the provided resources as well.

By Изабела Ш

Jun 28, 2018

Brilliant, engaging, packed with current scientific knowledge facts, easy to follow. All in all addictive.

By Chloe P

Jun 04, 2017

I loved this course! The content was super interesting and a joy to learn about it. I recommend it to all!

By Bruno L d S

Jan 19, 2016

A super well structured course with high quality lectures and enveloped in a deeply interesting narrative.

By JOHN Q

Dec 07, 2015

An interesting perspective. I hadn't thought of combining all history into one outlook before. Thanks.

By Kathleen N

Oct 25, 2017

Extremely interesting with good resources and a good amount of work. Thank you for providing this course.

By Aakriti C

Oct 16, 2016

Exceptional course! I learned so much in such a little span of time. :) Would recommend it to everyone.

By Leela Y

Feb 12, 2016

I love how experts from a variety of different fields of studies participated in creating this course!

By Kateryna S

Jun 07, 2016

Liked the way course is organized, posing questions at the beginning of each lecture is a great idea.

By Danielle D

May 05, 2016

This course has taught me so much and is very detailed and in depth. I recommend this to anyone

By Haniyah B

Jun 05, 2017

I really enjoy studying this course. They explain all the topics in a detailed way.

Great job!

By Caroline B

Dec 27, 2016

An amazing and very insightful course. This is the one origin story I will tell from now on.

By Miguel M

Sep 19, 2016

Muy buen curso! en verdad provee informacion precisa y de manera muy didactica, recomendado!

By Marlene F

Aug 23, 2016

I have really enjoyed all of the lectures just for my own personal knowledge! ! Well done!

By Steven R P

Jun 09, 2016

An excellent introduction to this fascinating new approach to history (and everything else).

By frances f

Feb 14, 2016

A definite course to take. You learn so much and enjoy doing it. Can't recommend enough.

By Abhijit B

May 08, 2016

Great course, fantastic presenters, smooth sailing and at the same time though inspiring.

By Hal S

Jan 25, 2016

Brilliant summation of knowledge of our universe from the beginning. Lucid and engaging.

By Lachlan F

Aug 27, 2017

Great course, very insightful and helps widen ones perspective of the world we live in.

By Anthony S

Nov 03, 2016

A fascintating approach to historical inquiry. I learnt a lot and enjoyed every minute!

By Anne L G

Sep 19, 2016

Excellent course. It is worth your time to to learn about our scientific origin story.

By Dino H

Nov 23, 2018

A rich set of videos and articles available to help you get familiar with the subject.

By Jorge V

Aug 09, 2016

A very professional and complete course about the history of the whole universe.

By William S

Dec 12, 2019

This COURSE WAS LIIIIIIT. I want to give this more than 5 stars but am limited.

By Andrew C

Oct 20, 2019

A great beginners guide to understanding our origins and place in the universe.