Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

101 - 125 of 252 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Pearl C

Aug 05, 2017

Astounding. I never stopped whining about it to everyone I knew because it was so eye-opening and actually enjoyable? I found myself engaged throughout and I didn't have to worry toooo much about understanding absolutely everything to get the bigger picture. I love the variety of options we got in resources and this has helped me in many of my other subjects at school because it's such an expansive (but not overwhelming) course. I actually find myself rather infuriated that it's not already part of the syllabus as this information is so pertinent to our current generation!

By Lionel J P

Feb 01, 2018

Marvellous. Thought provoking. Stimulating. Gargantuan subject.

By Asif S B

Jun 21, 2016

Awesome project, awe-inspiring teachers.

By Fernando R

Mar 15, 2016

Great course!

By David D

Sep 21, 2016

Totally enjoyable. The videos are professional, varied and so informative. Comparing the quiz to some others , I found they were better formulated and less ambiguous.

Personally I feel I learned an amazing amount in a short time span and bother the content and pace were stimulating! so bravo!

This is the type of general knowledge everyone should have but probably 90 % only have a rough, inaccurate or no awareness whatsoever. This could be run even at the school level, it could stimulate future scientists.

By Gabriel V D

Jun 04, 2016

An excellent course with highly dynamic and interesting teaching staff. A mind blowing introduction to critical thinking and a eye opener as to different ways to view our world and knowledge in general.

By Patricia K

Dec 09, 2015

A great survey of the last 13.8 billion years of our universe touching on the sciences--physics, chemistry, astronomy, geology all viewed through the lens of history. A thought-provoking overview that whets the appetite for more.

By shanhuiyu

Feb 24, 2016

It is useful.

By José M R G

Feb 26, 2016

Impressive, amazing and the really explanation of everything!!

By Guillermo A

Jun 08, 2016

Very insightful, entertainment and comprehensive. I strongly encourage it to anyone interested in having a holistic understanding of our Universe and its history.

By Haniyah B

Jun 05, 2017

I really enjoy studying this course. They explain all the topics in a detailed way.

Great job!

By Ugochukwu V O

Jul 04, 2017

Mind Opening Epoch

By Mohammed M A F

Jun 28, 2017

Very Informative. It changed my perspective of science. A sincere thanks to all the team and specially Mr. David Christian.

By Michael A S H

Nov 23, 2017

This course is engaging, informative and enlightening. It will broaden your views of yourself, the cosmos, humans, the environment and the world on a whole. I highly recommend anyone to enrol in this journey of discovery known as Big History!

By ammar a

Feb 24, 2016

thank you very much for your efforts on this course

By Virgilio S

Aug 25, 2016

Excelente

By Hamid S

Mar 28, 2016

excellent reconnection of knowledges obtained through reductionist methodology

By François P

Feb 23, 2016

Exellent course, with

By Aleksey R

Jun 08, 2016

I've enjoyed this course. Thanks a lot.

By Sammy L

Dec 03, 2015

A fundamental course everyone should take!

By Jorge V

Aug 09, 2016

A very professional and complete course about the history of the whole universe.

By Taryn W

Feb 27, 2016

This course is blowing my mind (in a good way). It has been a long time since I've felt the wonder of the world (and universe) of which I am a part. In addition, this course is expanding the language with which I can talk about and understand my environments (new and old). The information is well-organised and concise and the resources are a good blend of academic, creative, informative and fun and the lecturers are knowledgable and passionate. I hope this field floods the world's places of education.

By Khanh V L

May 31, 2017

It was an absolutely interesting and eye-opening experience.

By Gandiva N

Jul 26, 2016

Exciting course.

By Farzana

Jul 09, 2017

Best of all

Universe and all the History!!!