Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

151 - 175 of 250 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Abizer M

Sep 29, 2016

This course certainly connected all the knowledge I had about the Universe and where we are heading towards and why.

By Alex t B

Jul 11, 2016

Amazing course that is interesting from start to finish.

By Lachlan F

Aug 27, 2017

Great course, very insightful and helps widen ones perspective of the world we live in.

By Annie R

Nov 05, 2017

Loved it so much!!

By Kathleen N

Oct 25, 2017

Extremely interesting with good resources and a good amount of work. Thank you for providing this course.

By Taryn W

Feb 27, 2016

This course is blowing my mind (in a good way). It has been a long time since I've felt the wonder of the world (and universe) of which I am a part. In addition, this course is expanding the language with which I can talk about and understand my environments (new and old). The information is well-organised and concise and the resources are a good blend of academic, creative, informative and fun and the lecturers are knowledgable and passionate. I hope this field floods the world's places of education.

By Khanh V L

May 31, 2017

It was an absolutely interesting and eye-opening experience.

By Gandiva N

Jul 26, 2016

Exciting course.

By Farzana

Jul 09, 2017

Best of all

Universe and all the History!!!

By Kelver F B

Nov 29, 2015

i love this course. it seems good!

By Tori B

Apr 06, 2016

Great course! Tons of information explained in easy to understand terms. Lecturers were, by and large, enthusiastic and engaging. Plenty of extra material provided for further study.

By Yvonne F

Mar 14, 2017

Enlightening! The Big History framework/perspective provides both an anchor and a compass for our journey through life - it's basic scientific literacy.

By Sarah A

Jul 23, 2017

Informative, quick, interesting.

By Pearl C

Aug 05, 2017

Astounding. I never stopped whining about it to everyone I knew because it was so eye-opening and actually enjoyable? I found myself engaged throughout and I didn't have to worry toooo much about understanding absolutely everything to get the bigger picture. I love the variety of options we got in resources and this has helped me in many of my other subjects at school because it's such an expansive (but not overwhelming) course. I actually find myself rather infuriated that it's not already part of the syllabus as this information is so pertinent to our current generation!

By Grace V

Sep 26, 2017

Intellectually thought provoking, as well as socially enlightening for all levels of understanding of the world. Highly recommend for high school students who are interested in expanding their prior, more narrow perception on history. It's interdisciplinary methodology allows for a significant increase in appreciation for how science, history and teleological studies interrelate, while the course is also still enjoyable.

By Hassan H

Sep 21, 2016

Such an amazing experience for me.

I have always loved history and appreciated the sciences. This is the first I get exposed to the concpt of both being part of a bigger thing.

Big History has connected the dots between the different academic fields. Totally recommend it to all humans.

By Anna K

May 24, 2016

This is definitely my favorite course on Coursera and anywhere else in internet! So glad I accidentally ran into it! Under a name that doesn't tell much about the content there is a real jewel - a multidisciplinary course that is truly able to connect many of the dots and make perfect sense of all these endless math and science, history and many other classes we all had to sit throughout our school years. I loved every minute of this course, all the experts zooming into subjects, all of additional materials (especially Crushcourse videos). Big History course is awesome for those always asking "but why?" questions. A very big thank you to The Big History course team for finding time and passion for making it available to everyone in the world!

By Mayur M M

Jul 30, 2016

everyone should do it.....

By Vedant A

Jan 31, 2018

Great course for understanding how history of existence.

By Lionel J P

Feb 01, 2018

Marvellous. Thought provoking. Stimulating. Gargantuan subject.

By 王力超

Jun 11, 2016

excellent

By Aakriti C

Oct 16, 2016

Exceptional course! I learned so much in such a little span of time. :) Would recommend it to everyone.

By Paul S

Jan 12, 2016

A very interesting and broad introduction to a new and exciting form of interdisciplinary form of history, that gives a wide perspective on a big range of sciences from biology and cosmology, to social and historical sciences. Would easily recommend for everyone.

By Lo R

Jun 27, 2016

Excellent

By στηΣφαιρα τ

Mar 24, 2016

Very interesting, unbelievable professors and very clear use of the English language, that made the course easy (even in subjects I was not familiar with) for me since it is not my native language...