Back to Big History: Connecting Knowledge

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University

We currently face unprecedented challenges on a global scale. These problems do not neatly fall into disciplines. They are complicated, complex, and connected. Join us on this epic journey of 13.8 billion years starting at the Big Bang and travelling through time all the way to the future. Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events. You will find two different types of lectures. ‘Zooming In’ lectures from multiple specialists enable you to understand key concepts through the lens of different disciplines, whilst David Christian's ‘Big History Framework’ lectures provide the connective overview for a journey through eight thresholds of Big History....

BG

Jan 07, 2016

Finally! A creation myth based on evidence and multiple scientific disciplines for all humans is here! The time for stories based on speculation and superstition for the chosen group is finally over.

MS

Aug 01, 2017

Very informative, cross and inter-disciplinary course. Lot of effort is put into formulating and developing the course. Thanks for all the people who have contributed to run the course successfully.

151 - 175 of 262 Reviews for Big History: Connecting Knowledge

By Zhihong Y

Mar 27, 2018

Academic course especially with the bonus marks

By Nathan L

Jul 17, 2017

GREAT

By Kirsty A

Aug 30, 2018

Really worthwhile. A great overview of the history of the universe and taste of the different disciplines involved.

By Jay S

Aug 18, 2018

This is by far the most imaginative course I have ever been exposed to following a lifetime of classes at all levels of complexity.

By Blanka G C

Sep 03, 2018

This is the most useful and comprehensive class I've ever taken, thank you!

By Dino H

Nov 23, 2018

A rich set of videos and articles available to help you get familiar with the subject.

By Melissa H

Aug 05, 2018

Fantastic course, well presented, informative, interesting and left me with many questions wanting to know more about our past, present and future!

By Francisca B

Apr 25, 2019

Excellent course, I highly recommend it.

By Maggie M

May 24, 2019

An amazing course. Well presented information. Easy to follow. Very useful. I have learnt a lot from this course. Highly recommended.

By Benjamin L T

Jun 16, 2019

I loved this course. the insight it gives into the intricacy of the universe while providing help in critical thinking. I would 100% suggest this to a fellow history guru

By John T

Jun 10, 2019

Wide ranging and thought-provoking - helps put things into perspective, (though occasionally the tone is a little bit preachy) - lot of follow-up reading to do, starting with books by David Christian. Highly recommended.

By NJriki

Jul 19, 2019

One of the best courses I've ever studied. The trans-disciplinary approach is amazing. It simplifies things, yet it opens windows to other fields. I now know more about universe, about life and most importantly about myself.

By Victor J R

Jul 22, 2019

Excellent introduction to the field

By Shubham B G

Aug 04, 2019

Great course because it provides critical thinking skills and broadens my understanding of past and current scientific theories. More importantly, it changed my perspective and approach to my life and studies. I am now more open-minded to new and challenging study/literal/life skills and concepts that I would not attempt before. I have become more confident within myself to accept challenging decisions and approach everything with a clear and open mind.

By Isaac M Á

Jul 01, 2019

What a great course!

By Francisco J d o (

Sep 03, 2019

A connection of all knowledge into one line of understanding of our beautiful and mysterious universe. Thank you very much.

By Niels M S

Sep 15, 2019

Fantastic and trailblaizing course. Changes your perspective on so many things and educates you in state-of.the-art knowledge in many fields such as astrophysics, geology, palaeontology, biology, archelology, social sciences and history. Great focus on what science is as well and differences between natural sciences on the one side and social sciences and history on the other. Where possible they also let you see 'the data' for yourself.

By christian

Sep 16, 2019

interseting to learn

By Marcos S

Jun 11, 2019

Every history buff, enthusiast and ALL history teachers out there should take this course.

We've taken history and taught it from an ethnocentric point of view for far too long.

Big history will give you the framework to shift your thinking about history from just "history begins with writing" to "we are all connected from the beginning"

By Jess. H

Sep 21, 2019

This is a pretty though provoking course. It allows me to learn about history from a general view. My biggest gain from this course if understanding that everything, including lifes, or even the universe, will at some point come to an end. The course sort of forces me to face this reality, therefore make me think about how I'm going to do with the rest year of my life before it comes to the end.

By William S

Dec 12, 2019

This COURSE WAS LIIIIIIT. I want to give this more than 5 stars but am limited.

By Tiffany L

Dec 10, 2019

BEST THING EVER

By marcus

Dec 11, 2019

I am amazed at the level of informative information that can truly be embedded into the human mind in the span of six weeks. From human history that covers the critical points in society from geology, philosophy and history, to the birth of the universe and the creation of life, big history will give it to you all, making your mind prepared for the future.

By Mariam C

Nov 23, 2019

Really interesting and covers a whole bunch of different disciplines !

By Elle B

Jul 17, 2019

This is such an eye opening course! So interesting and engaging with all the information that blows your mind! Highly recommend.