Back to Boosting Creativity for Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Boosting Creativity for Innovation by HEC Paris

The HEC Boosting Creativity Specialization will close for enrollment on August 11, 2020. If you are interested in earning a Specialization Certificate, please upgrade or apply for Financial Aid in each course of the specialization by August 11, 2020, if you have not already done so. After August 11, 2020, learners will no longer have access to courses they have not paid for. In order to earn a Specialization Certificate, you will need to complete all graded assignments, including peer reviews, by February 8, 2021. After that point, no new assignment submissions will be accepted for Certificate credit. If you are enrolled in the degree or certificate version of this course, you will not be affected and can continue your studies beyond August 11, 2020. Successful contemporary business relies on the ability of all its employees to be creative. Creativity can be developed and refined, albeit with effort and practice. The first goal of this course is to provide a variety of experiences and activities with the aim of developing the creative abilities of each participant. A second goal is to understand the importance of creativity from a consumer perspective. Consumers are being offered more and more opportunities to customize their products and services, and are increasingly seeking to express their creativity through their purchasing choices. As entrepreneurs, we have the ability to shape the consumer environment in ways that help consumers enhance their own creative abilities, and develop a unique relationship with them as a result. This course is aimed at anyone who wants to understand what we actually know (as opposed to what we think we know) about human creativity, and how to use this knowledge to think differently and productively about business challenges. As the focus is on creativity as a cognitive function, it does not matter what your background is, what industry you come from or want to enter. After completing this course, past students report having acquired a set of strategies that enable them to tackle business problems with a fresh perspective. This course is part of the HEC Paris MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. If you are admitted to the full program, your coursework will count towards your degree program...

BJ

Jun 09, 2020

Excellent narration about various techniques and illustrations using knitting and thought-provoking using sunken tables, Starbucks, a great way of teaching making the whole process enjoyable, good job

CW

Feb 06, 2020

Excellent teaching about the process of innovation. Understanding innovation, what is driving it and how we can increase the Quality of innovation. Good teaching and nice excercises which are fun to d

1 - 25 of 189 Reviews for Boosting Creativity for Innovation

By Natalie K

Oct 23, 2018

This is one of the best business courses I have ever taken. It pushed me to expand my way of thinking and I am using techniques at work. In fact, I've now implemented a bi-weekly 'creative coffee'. Every two weeks, my team and I go for coffee outside of work, and we rotate who selects the object to be discussed. We then take 5 minutes to write down all the uses we can think of and then we share our ideas. We learn from others' ideas and grow from there.

Thank you!

Natalie

By Aurelia F

Mar 10, 2019

Great course ! Enjoyed all of the learning process and really loved discovering creativity as a method, a process, a tool. There is a very personal aspect and introspection in this class on how we perceive our own creativity and the outcome of creative ideas. I have enjoyed discovering this process with myself - it was like discovering a new peer which I would always be able to count on ! Thank you for this great opportunity !

By Erika T

Oct 13, 2019

When I checked that the first course of innovation and Entrepreneurship specialisation was about creativity, I was scared and not motivated as I was not the "creative person". However, it showed me that yes, I am and better than that, I've learnt how to boost my creativity and how to use my environmental, experiences and techniques to have the best result! Thank you for the great experience!

By Renato R

Nov 21, 2017

This is by far the best course out of 4 that I have taken. Very well done. It kept me quite interested until the very end and willing to know and read more about the subjects.

By Muhammad A

May 16, 2019

Simply amazing and quite systematic study environment. Loved the decorum of the course and the course outlines were surely helpful in learning and increasing knowledge.

By Lisa A

Dec 10, 2019

The best course I have taken on Coursera. This course inspired me to pursue my degree. The instructor is excellent and the content is invaluable.

Thank you!!

By Olivia B

May 06, 2020

The course is beautifully designed with strategical exercises to enhance creativity. Very well explained.

By dario d n

Mar 17, 2019

Very interesting course that breaks stereotypes about creativity

By Juan P M

Jan 09, 2020

I loved the content, and I can see how it can be useful for professionals in many different areas. It's already allowed me to change several processes in my everyday work. One thing I did not like, however, was grading, as I think quizzes sometimes relied a bit too much on memorizing irrelevant facts taught mentioned during the course, as opposed to focusing on the meaningful content it provided. But overall, great investment.

By Luis Q

Jan 24, 2020

Good historical introduction, and a medium level of scientific support. Good tools to exercise and push your creativity further.

By Jocelyne M E H

Feb 02, 2020

Really awesome! I enjoyed the course very much. It completely fulfilled my expectations and even more! The teacher explains in a very clear and enthusiastic way. She ensures that you'll be involved, even at distance. The themes and techniques are original and well-chosen. There is a lot of practical work so you're forced to surpass yourself. I didn't believe to be creative but discovered more about my potential creative skills. I really recommend this course!!

By mark h

Despite having worked within innovation environment over many years, this course still provided some incredibly powerful creative tools. In particular, it was interesting to see how creative templates could trigger novel insights even when set a task that intrinsically did not tick all my boxes. In particular, I was surprised how the coffee shop redesign exercise provided some deep new insights that I had no idea were within me. Thoroughly recommended course!

By Fiby F

Jun 21, 2020

Anne-Laure SELLIER, thank you. You have done an excellent job. One of the best course from Coursera. I will recommend this to all employees in organisation. If all are familiar with the concept, innovation can be part of the culture. For everyone new employee to experienced even if they have done similar programs. This program "Boosting Creativity for Innovation" will be an eye opener providing valuable insights. Highly recommended program.

By Alexis A

The Boosting Creativity for Innovation course has been a phenomenal way of polishing my knowledge. As a Global Marketing Manager that has been working in the Premium Beverage sector for a decade, this course has provided me with valuable knowledge to creating better products/services for my NPD's. Anne-Laure Sellier is a PHENOMENAL teacher, she has an excellent and it was a pleasure to share these 5 weeks with her. Highly recommendable!!

By Anna W

Feb 07, 2020

I found the course extremely insightful and the hands-on method very effective. It was a pleasure to start any new lesson and I have learned a lot through the multiple exercises. I'll most certainly apply all the used techniques in my future work. It was a very refreshing learning experience. I highly recommend it!

Thank you very much for creating it.

By Erin-Marie M

This course really makes you think about what being creative is all about - what does it mean? How can I do it? How can I do it well? As stated, it's just the tip of the iceberg on the topic, but it's well framed and I come away from the course with many new tools, and a new way of looking at the topic of creativity. Thank you!

By T V L

Jul 12, 2020

Its a wonderfully designed course, initially it started off well, had challenges as I moved further, with the limitations, and constraints, but was a cake walk by the time it ended

Has improved my thought process a lot , how to limit ourselves to functional fixedness, and the concept of less is more

By Gaurav M V

I am extremely happy that I took this course, it now gives me a fresh perspective on creativity and also gives me set of strategies that I could deploy to tackle challenges creatively.

Thanks to Professor Anne-Laure Sellier for making the course extremely engaging even though it was online.

By Mohamad D H P

Mar 04, 2020

I can't thank enough for what I learned in this course. The creativity is not "just like that", it is something that we can nurture and cultivate with the right mindset and training. Now, I am looking forward to apply the innovation templates and methods to change the face of our status quo.

By Michael E

Aug 16, 2019

The professor presents creativity research I had not seen before regarding the circumstances in which you'll be most creative. She also presented creativity techniques to use, which I had seen before, but did not fully appreciate until I worked through exercises. Great course!

By Nikunj J (

Sep 15, 2019

I don't know how I would have ever created a lucrative business without understanding the cardinal components of a business strategy. Pierre Dussauge is an excellent professor, learned so much from this course. For any serious entrepreneur or an innovator, a must-do.

By Julien T

I had a few doubts about this course in the very beginning. This changed quickly as I saw that the knowledge learned in this course is easily applicable to most problems. It was an interesting course and I am looking forward to learning more about the subject.

By Jean B

Nov 06, 2019

Very interesting and interactive cours with a lot of learning on history, mechanism and myth-busting about creativity, another great value of this cours is the exercises, the tools and methods given to practice and improve creativity in our everyday life.

By Bandar A

Aug 30, 2019

It was a great learning experience. I am surprised of how much the course prepared me to boost my creativity in simple tangible exercises. usually a course about creativity is more philosophical and theoretical, in this course it was extremely practical.

By Chinny U

Feb 01, 2020

It's a fun, challenging course. I have worked with constraints several times but out of necessity; I had never thought of consciously putting constraints on myself to deliberately push innovation and I was surprised at what I was able to achieve.