Back to Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4 by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course will give you an overview of client-side web UI frameworks, in particular Bootstrap 4. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. You will learn about CSS preprocessors, Less and Sass. You will also learn the basics of Node.js and NPM and task runners like Grunt and Gulp. At the end of this course, you will be able to a)Set up, design and style a web page using Bootstrap 4 and its components, b) Create a responsive web page design, and c) Make use of web tools to setup and manage web sites. This course also includes an honors track that enables you to work on your own project developing a website using Bootstrap 4. Students enrolling in this course should have prior good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript....

DG

Oct 11, 2018

Excellent course for anyone who is familiar with html, css, but cannot organise the subject in their mind. This course excellently teaches you the what is what, and how to do things in the correct way

AA

Dec 20, 2019

51 - 75 of 1,251 Reviews for Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4

By Kurmeneva E

Jun 15, 2020

It is a good-balanced course with enough amount of a practice and a theory. And the lecturer (the professor Jogesh K. Muppala) is very nice person who has a strong ability to explain learning material, and even has good sense of humor. His jokes really helped me feel more comfortable!

I am very grateful for this course.

By Saravanan C

Apr 23, 2020

This is a role-model way of teaching and designing course assignment material. Bottom-line :- unless one understands the material they can't do the assignment and ensures learning - with decent opportunities to leverage assignment code. Many other course you tend to forget after finishing it up. Good design & delivery.

By susheel y

Jun 03, 2019

Excellent course.

I had learn bootstrap 4 , node.js, expres.js, mongodb from basic to advance.

Jogesh Muppala has excellent teaching skill.

he took a real world project and made all courses(MEAN STACK) on that project.

so that user's can easily catch and understand where it is used.

Thank you so much Jogesh Muppala sir.

By Igor G

Aug 26, 2017

I have experience in backend development, but vert little knowledge of UI development. This specialization definitely helps me to fill the gap.

The instructor is very engaging and knowledgable. Lots of supporting and reference material. Very interesting and relevant exercises.

Very good course, highly recommend.

By Timija F

Jan 25, 2019

Thank you, I did get a good overview of how to use bootstrap together with html. I did also get an introduction to npm which I did not use before. If you are a learner who learns well while following exercise instructions step by step to get to know the material and possibilities this course is perfect for you.

By Musa H M

Aug 27, 2018

Very helpful.

This course provides the foundation for creating a webpage by touching a great deal of the opportunities of Bootstrap 4.

Anyone who passes this course will have sufficient knowledge to continue their self-development as a web developer.

I strongly recommend this course for beginner web developers.

By Mateus M

Dec 25, 2019

Very good course. We made a beautiful front end out of scratch. Good pace, lots of content. the course still touches on other important skills such as ideation and criticizing the work of colleagues. I now have a good bootstrap repository on my github account. I am grateful for the opportunity.

Keep coding!

By Martin B

Jun 17, 2020

A great and very entertaining course. The instructor is fantastic and very clear in his explanations. The exercises are very well thought through and enjoyable to follow. I highly recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn Bootstrap fundamentals. I will definitely take another course from Jogesh.

By VIBHANSHU G

May 22, 2020

Very nice teaching mehtodology and I am really feeling confident after having this course. This course taught me a lot of new things and also has polished the things that I knew earlier. So, overall very good experience. I also like the sound of South Indian music at the start and end of the module. Lol..

By Andrew G

Dr. Muppala is an excellent teacher who explains complex concepts in ways that are fun and easy to understand. This was the best course on web development I have taken thus far and I look forward to continuing to learn from Dr. Muppala, as I know his teaching methods will deliver the results I am after.

By Kaushik B

Apr 17, 2020

Very well taught. The reading section after every video is very helpful. Knowing bootstrap already, this course has taught me a lot about things that I had understood wrongly before. The instructor is very knowledgeable. I will definitely take up the other courses taught by the instructor.

By Camara L D

Mar 12, 2019

Vraiment ce cours m'a ouvert le monde de responsive design et UI notamment en utilisant des technologie comme grid de bootstrap4, jquery, jquery UI, fonteawesome, scss et less, il a été pour évalution et à la révolution dans ma jeune carrière de développement et web et application mobile

By Triana A P G

May 08, 2020

This course really helped me to remember and really understand the grid system of bootstrap. Now, I am able to design responsive web sites. Also, this course gives the fundamentals for Node JS, Grunt and Gulp to prepare de distribution folder with many optimizations. I really enjoy it.

By Erik D L M

Mar 07, 2020

Este curso práctico te da las bases para poder usar Bootstrap 4 de inmediato. Además aprendes los principios de los preprocesadores de css más importantes y lo necesario para automatizar los ficheros de un sitio web para su despliegue productivo. Un curso definitivamente recomendable.

By Carlos G J M

Jun 24, 2019

Excelente curso, no solo aborda Bootstrap sino NPM, Gulp, Grunt y muchos temas más. SI haces las tareas con honores y eres autodidacta te va a encantar porque aprenderás a hacer prototipos y a llevarlos a cabo, mi experiencia con el curso fue muy buena aprendí más de lo que pensé.

By Aditya A

Jan 18, 2019

This is the best course on the web if you want to know about the bootstrap. It contains the very important details about bootstrap and describe it's capabilities very well.

The mentor will teach each and everything from a professional's aspect and you can learn bootstrap easily.

By Klinsmann O K F

Jan 14, 2020

Great course for anyone who has really understood or played around with HTML, CSS and JAVASCRIPT and wants to learn more about bootstrap in order to achieve some structural orderliness in their web pages and add more beauty to their web page. I never regret taking this course.

By Madisetty S

Jun 15, 2020

I just love this course enrolling in the front end web UI frameworks and tools: Bootstrap 4, had fun while doing the coding part, and especially our mentor "Jogesh K Muppala" sir for explaining the things clearly. I recommend this course guys... go Ahead and have enrolled..!!

By Zakir U S

Nov 17, 2018

I really enjoyed the course. I like Sir Jogesh K. Muppala teaching style, to give the student a clear understanding of each topic being discussed. Thanks to Coursera, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and specially to Sir Jogesh K. Muppala for this course.

By Gankidi S r

Aug 08, 2018

good course for beginners . actually you will also learn other things like github and npm and other similar topics which will help you in the future along with bootstrap . exercises and the professor teachings are also good . you will not be disappointed after enrolling .

By Vinita Y

I am totally blown away by the fact how well this course has been designed and mentored all thanks to Prof. Jogesh Muppala and his team for excellent work. I learnt a lot from this course and I am taking whole specialization and the beginning was certainly the best.

Regards

By Thomas A

Mar 07, 2020

Very informative, having played around with Bootstrap already, i gained more detailled insight in this framework. Explanations were very useful and the overall course structure is very good. Easy to follow - if you fulfill the prereqs - as well. Liked it very much.

By Troy M

Jul 31, 2019

Easy to follow and easy to install, all the instructions were very clear and all the links were very helpful. Information shared in the course was completely relevant to the course title. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to get started in Bootstrap.

By Vamsi K B

Dec 03, 2018

Prof. Mudala teaches you how to effectively reuse front end components. I learned a lot from this course. Really helped me a lot in learning new concepts. Also the discussion form, mentors helped me to learn and solve the errors in code. Really helpful. go for it

By Afraz J

Aug 16, 2019

This course was very useful for being familiar with bootstrap 4 component and classes, to become more professional, of course, you should practice more yourself and put your knowledge in action, I suggest everyone that take those honorable assignments seriously.