Back to Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4 by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course will give you an overview of client-side web UI frameworks, in particular Bootstrap 4. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. You will learn about CSS preprocessors, Less and Sass. You will also learn the basics of Node.js and NPM and task runners like Grunt and Gulp. At the end of this course, you will be able to a)Set up, design and style a web page using Bootstrap 4 and its components, b) Create a responsive web page design, and c) Make use of web tools to setup and manage web sites. This course also includes an honors track that enables you to work on your own project developing a website using Bootstrap 4. Students enrolling in this course should have prior good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript....

AS

Apr 4, 2020

This is course is amazing given ou already know some html, css and javascript. People say Bootstrap is easy but after this course I realized many wrong things I have been doing. Recommend it for sure!

DG

Oct 10, 2018

Excellent course for anyone who is familiar with html, css, but cannot organise the subject in their mind. This course excellently teaches you the what is what, and how to do things in the correct way

51 - 75 of 2,319 Reviews for Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4

By MD A H

Jul 3, 2021

I​t was a wonderful experience in this course. It helps me to upgrade myself one step more in Web Development. Thank you Coursera and Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.

By machavaram a

May 21, 2021

Excellent Course. All credit goes to sir, Jogesh K. Muppala one of the best teachers I have ever experienced, and thanks to Coursera for providing such a wonderful course.

By Nithish

May 1, 2021

I've mastered the quality of reading out the documentation by grasping things from this course and also the quality of content and the flow is cent percent accurate.

By Ritwik S

Jun 23, 2021

Mr. Muppala was very detailed in providing the implementation of task runner in a working project. Really enjoyed it. The entire course was very hands-on. Loved it!

By Rahul S R

Jun 15, 2021

Amazing Experience❤. I loved the way of teaching of Jogesh sir. Content very well designed and explained.Thank you so much. Looking forward to start with REACT😍.

By Eric N

Mar 13, 2021

The course curriculum was laid out In an easy to learn and manageable way. I found the lessons to be valuable and hope to use what I learned In the near future.

By SHAIKH R M

Apr 16, 2021

Outstanding and extra ordinary lecture content from the instructor.

I wish a successful professional and personal life of the instructor.

By Anchal S

Jan 27, 2021

This course was very benificial for those who are getting started with web development. A must have certicate for a software developer!

By Andrei S

Jul 12, 2021

My first course on Coursera. And it has been a wonderful experience. Basically now I understand Bootstrap and know how to use it.

May 1, 2019

Amazing! I've learned more in this course than any other course on the same topic.

By Sarik A

Mar 15, 2022

Little outdated but u will gain enough knowledge to work with the current version

By thinh n

Dec 9, 2018

Great course, just enough details for you to work on your side project.

By Eric C

Feb 18, 2021

Jogesh rules! Very engaging, easy to follow, and concise instruction.

By António O P

Dec 11, 2018

The course is very practical and the teacher is very competent!!!

By Deepak S

Jul 9, 2021

Excellent course.

By John G

Jul 25, 2020

This was an excellent introduction to UI frameworks, a skillset with which I have previously been unfamiliar. My only caveat is that as the video presentation ages, the many specific versions of supporting Node modules will become more and more out of date and increasingly encounter incompatibilities. Indeed, I did run into a handful of such incompatibilities; fortunately a little time on Google and Stackoverflow was enough to overcome them. I certainly understand Prof. Muppala not wanting to re-record the entire video just to update those versions, a brief recorded addendum directing the student to a list of updated modules would do the trick. All in all, a great course that was just what I needed to get my feet wet in this area.

By Carah S

Jan 1, 2021

I enjoyed the course a lot and got lots of good information from it. A couple of points though:

the forum was pretty useless since it is just full of people asking to review. It would be nice if all those messages were removed so that people asking for help could get help.

It made me uncomfortable to code review some people's work because some were full of links etc and I was worried about the security of my computer.

Grunt and Gulp were very out of date. Grunt doesn't seem to be used anymore and gave me warnings that it was deprecated and Gulp has moved to a much newer version that is very different than the one in class. I did eventually get the new version of Gulp working though and I did learn a lot.

By Giuseppe V G

Oct 30, 2017

A basic but almost complete introduction to Bootstrap 4 alpha 6. It also focus a little on npm, grunt, gulp, less, sass and other useful stuffs that could make an initial approach to front-end web development easier.

The only things that should be improved IMHO are the discussion forum and the method of peer reviews. It should be augmented the number of peer reviews that each student should do because 90% of the posts on the discussion forums are about peer review request.

By SURAJ B

Feb 1, 2021

Good Course! The course takes you from understanding concepts and then applying the knowledge gained on the Graded Assignments. The assignments really help and give a hands on experience. Giving one star less as some packages made to install in the exercise are outdated and deprecated. Apart from this the course is really good. You really need some knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript beforehand so that you clearly understand the course.

By Tatiana R

Feb 10, 2021

I enjoyed the course, and the lecturer is great. I gave the course 4 stars because I believe it's crucial to mention (especially for those who are dealing with the field for the first time) to download current versions of plugins and whatnot and to encourage to search for answers on forums when something doesn't work.

By Sean X N

Apr 4, 2022

Some libraries used are already depreciated that causes some errors espcially in the Grunt/Gulp part. Overall, I love how the professor teaches and the course is easy to follow.

By Isaac A

Apr 5, 2022

Its a great and in depth curriculum and a great teacher outdated now but really makes the basics and a firm founation for the future endevors Thank you

By Jhonathann A G V

Mar 11, 2022

The course will be great if it wasn't outdated. Considering that bootstrap 5 is already available and that some module's versions that the course requires are no longer supported causing some issues to arrise when making some of the assignments. Otherwise the explanations are clear and the methodology is very helpfull for learning.

By Zoheb K

Sep 2, 2021

T​he first week was good, but then seemed to be going downhill from week 2. The features for development are simply thrown at you without much explanation of alternatives or options or functionality.

T​he course is always pestering me to reset my deadlines even though I have submitted the assignments much before time.

l​astly, the code presented by the lecturer and the that provided as a reading exercise both fail to work, everytime you have to go in the discussion forum and search for a fix.

D​efinitely losing interest, hope I can make through to the React Course

By Craig C

Feb 17, 2021

This material is dated; that is, the underlying tech is dated. I tried to un-enroll, but the button to do so does nothing, all I can do is close that dialog. Google "bootstrap obsolete" and/or "jquery obsolete". JQuery is now mostly for legacy use esp. on WordPress. Learn such techs as Flexbox & CSS Grid.