Back to Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4 by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course will give you an overview of client-side web UI frameworks, in particular Bootstrap 4. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. You will learn about CSS preprocessors, Less and Sass. You will also learn the basics of Node.js and NPM and task runners like Grunt and Gulp. At the end of this course, you will be able to a)Set up, design and style a web page using Bootstrap 4 and its components, b) Create a responsive web page design, and c) Make use of web tools to setup and manage web sites. This course also includes an honors track that enables you to work on your own project developing a website using Bootstrap 4. Students enrolling in this course should have prior good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript....

AA
Dec 19, 2019

Excellent course for anyone who is familiar with html, css, but cannot organise the subject in their mind. This course excellently teaches you the what is what, and how to do things in the correct way

DG
Oct 10, 2018

1951 - 1975 of 1,994 Reviews for Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4

By Yash A

Github and node.js was not explained properly and please display brief information regarding submission of assignments.

Assignments tasks are given properly but while submitting we are getting confused which file to submit first (in case of two or more files) because adequate information is not given.

By Harish R

May 12, 2020

This course has videos which were recorded few years ago so it would be better if you update us with the changes so that we don't waste time debugging because there are many changes and updates which have not been intimidated which is why we face a lot of errors

By Jayesh S

May 9, 2020

The explanation of the code must be improved. We are just implementing different features in the exercises but we do not know why we add those codes. It also does not talk about the alternatives that can be used to achieve the same task.

By Christopher M P

Oct 15, 2020

Can learn a lot; but even when you follow directions perfectly, code often results in errors. Need to repeatedly check forums for suggestions as to which package versions to actually install, or how to tweak code so that it works.

Aug 6, 2019

i am not getting any way to communicate with the instructor for asking my questions, because of which i am not able to go ahead in this course

By Kamran K

Dec 15, 2017

Items are not explained properly the instructor assumes that the student knows more then he should which is not always the case/

By ahmed a a

Feb 11, 2019

it should give more attention to help us explore the documentation rather than mentioning calsses

By Austin P

Dec 11, 2020

Pretty good course overall. Some package functionality is limited due to version/deprecation.

By Rukhsar A P

Mar 1, 2021

learning method was good it should be update by new version of software and ways.

By 藤田典明

Apr 18, 2020

It's very useful and I could understand Bootstrap rules so much by this cource.

By Swapnil S

May 30, 2019

Purely Basic, Could have been better. Grading system could be better.

By karimgaber

Apr 14, 2021

this is course is amazing but

i feel when i learn it some of boring

By Waqas A

Overall Good but libraries are outdated and way of teaching boring

By 戴超

Oct 13, 2018

it is perfect that if the course have chinese subtitle

By Brayan G M

Jun 18, 2020

No recomendado para principiantes en desarrollo web

By Prashanth K

Jan 7, 2018

Covers just basics things.Quite good course.

By Azka

Aug 16, 2020

i dont like the peer review system

By Rizvaan M

Oct 28, 2020

nice

By Estefanía R

Nov 12, 2020

The course takes far longer than just 4 weeks. There's too many videos that are really long and the assignments require you to backtrack a lot because you have to do things exactly like the instructor or you'll be missing some points when you get to the evaluation part.

The peer-graded evaluations ask specific questions about things that weren't requested so you find out you're missing stuff after submitting and starting evaluating other assignments.

By Paul O

Apr 24, 2021

This could be a good course, but it is outdated. I had originally given it a 4 star rating after I got my certificate, but after I did the Grunt and Gulp part of the course I came back to edit my rating. The instructions did not work at all and there are lots of questions but no clear solutions posted in the discussion forum about that. Staff and mentors are absent from the discusstion forum.

By Jose L V

May 7, 2019

I really did not like having to take time to review other people's work. I did not sign up to grade work, I want to spend my time doing problems.

The forums are basically worthless. They are just full of people asking for their assignments to be reviewed so REAL questions get drowned in the noise.

Very disappointing so far. One of the worst I have experiences on coursera I have had.